Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
(sneering while reading Chronicles of Darkness corebook) I can't wait to explain to a new player that they didn't achieve the doubleplus supreme target number required to unlock the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Scion update: 235k. Art budget increased. Waiting on new stretch goals.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
I bought the VtR 2.0 PDF on DriveThruRPG, now I'd like to get a physical copy. Is there any way of having a discount so it'll match the pdf + paper copy bundle price, or I unadvertedly went through the most expensive way of buying these books?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Cable posted:

I bought the VtR 2.0 PDF on DriveThruRPG, now I'd like to get a physical copy. Is there any way of having a discount so it'll match the pdf + paper copy bundle price, or I unadvertedly went through the most expensive way of buying these books?

I imagine yes? I've been waiting for Mage 2e to come to book form and now it has. I did not expect to be able to 'complete the bundle' once the physical copy was available. That said, there are a bunch of people in comments talking abut discount coupons having been sent via email to buy the hardcover if you've already bought the PDF previously. I think you may be SOL if you bought the PDF with the hardcover already released.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Jhet posted:

I think you may be SOL if you bought the PDF with the hardcover already released.

It's this one, to my knowledge. If you buy the PDF before a print version is available, then when print goes up they send you a coupon that lets you buy a print copy at the bundle price, factoring in that you already paid for the PDF. But if you buy the PDF unbundled after the print version is already on offer, I think you're stuck buying a print copy unbundled.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.

Jhet posted:

I imagine yes? I've been waiting for Mage 2e to come to book form and now it has. I did not expect to be able to 'complete the bundle' once the physical copy was available. That said, there are a bunch of people in comments talking abut discount coupons having been sent via email to buy the hardcover if you've already bought the PDF previously. I think you may be SOL if you bought the PDF with the hardcover already released.

I'm fairly sure i'm not eligible since I just bought the pdf a couple weeks ago. Oh well!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So the werewolf art for the new BNS book is... bad.

This is terrible.

Even ignoring the fact that this all looks Vampirey as poo poo, it's also 90s as poo poo. That's straight up "The Crow" at the top there. And what I can only assume is the Glass Walker picture is dumb too. The women in the picture look like the desperately don't want to be there, and not only did they not do the ludicrously easy "they are actually wolves in the reflection" thing they hosed up the positioning and perspective on them.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Even ignoring the fact that this all looks Vampirey as poo poo, it's also 90s as poo poo. That's straight up "The Crow" at the top there. And what I can only assume is the Glass Walker picture is dumb too. The women in the picture look like the desperately don't want to be there, and not only did they not do the ludicrously easy "they are actually wolves in the reflection" thing they hosed up the positioning and perspective on them.

I love how terrible 90s it is. They totally nailed their theme of being stuck in the 90s. I was surprised to learn they're from New Orleans and not Portland.

I understand that there's definitely a market for this stuff, but why is all the oWoD stuff just so terrible? Is it because their source material is from then or are they really what our mothers' warned us about?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That boardroom piece is amazing. The guy standing in the back looks like he's from an entirely different piece, but they decided to photoshop him into this one to fill space

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

This right here is my favorite picture of anything, ever. I cannot stop laughing.

They all look like they're attending their nephew's bar mitzvah but they hate him.

"Aww dad I just wanted pizza why did we have to get a floral print magician?"

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 13, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jhet posted:

I understand that there's definitely a market for this stuff, but why is all the oWoD stuff just so terrible? Is it because their source material is from then or are they really what our mothers' warned us about?

It's not, they basically nailed exactly how Werewolf is supposed to look a long time ago, the problem is that it's hard to do a proper Crinos form photorealistically so what you get are "otherwise normal looking humans with press-on-nails." and "Badly photoshopped wolf head on an airbrushed naked dude."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Werewolves are basically elves with terrible manicures, right???

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

When I think "primal creature of unbridled rage stalking the concrete jungle" I too think of a bunch of random idiots awkwardly sitting around a loving table.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

In hindsight it might be a Pentex board meeting (and the two badly lit people might be vampires?) but then why is there a pentex skyscraper in the background?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

They bought space on another building so they can see their sign from the boardroom in their building, obviously.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

i'm the neon sign for a tabletop game developer in a grimy biker bar

i'm also the weird costume seam along the abdomen

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That boardroom piece is amazing. The guy standing in the back looks like he's from an entirely different piece, but they decided to photoshop him into this one to fill space

The two dudes on the left side of the piece, between him and the woman who looks alarmed and somewhat offended to be photographed, look like they walked in from a portfolio of stock photography. I assume they're in the meeting to settle next year's advertising budget for Pentex's diploma-mill subsidiaries.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Scion: 236k.

Stretch goals:
245k: There will be a Scion Bestiary PDF. It will have a section on Giants.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
John Travolta has fallen on hard times since Pulp Fiction.

quote:

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

This right here is my favorite picture of anything, ever. I cannot stop laughing.
Quoting this because holy poo poo. Every game I run is gonna have an evil corporation in it now just so I can use this.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ahahahaha i just saw the lovely glow feathering around their heads and shoulders. Which either means that they weren't properly masked in green screen(Which would still require them to Photoshop the highly reflective table) or more likely that all of them were separately photographed and then composited into a single image. Also some of them are at higher/lower resolutions than the ones around them.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm so mad about that boardroom picture because what is the point of having a reflective glass table in your horror game key art if the reflections are going to be the same as the actual people.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm Dark Sheldon Cooper on the far right there.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please don't post my picture Online.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ferrinus posted:

I'm Dark Sheldon Cooper on the far right there.

We know. Bloodzinga!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Bazingarou*

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

Bazingarou*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Attorney at Funk posted:

I'm so mad about that boardroom picture because what is the point of having a reflective glass table in your horror game key art if the reflections are going to be the same as the actual people.
That's what's so hosed up about this!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

They had to digitally composite it anyway, but they're looking in the wrong directions on the glass, and only the guy standing up has any kind of foreshortening done on him (and it's probably too much foreshortening)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

That's what's so hosed up about this!

It would be even easier to not give them reflections at all (get it?) but since the rest of the art is so badly composed people might genuinely be confused as to whether it's a deliberate stylistic choice or a copy/paste error.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kai Tave posted:

It would be even easier to not give them reflections at all (get it?) but since the rest of the art is so badly composed people might genuinely be confused as to whether it's a deliberate stylistic choice or a copy/paste error.
The best part is they would be right.

Now, in undeserved fairness, "slapdash and not nearly as badass as it definitely thought it was" might be an accurate message to convey about the direction they want to take BNS, so kudos to them for putting it right on the tin.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And it definitely puts forth the 1e OWOD theme of Werewolves as "Vampires in Fursuits".

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
The face of the woman on the far left of the pentex image is loving hilarious. She looks as though the guy third from the left just said something about grabbing the Wyrm by the vagina.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure those are just actual players and the dev people. It's been a tradition that the people pictured in MET books are players from the Camarilla. The way they're all dressed is pretty standard for a club larp event.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mors Rattus posted:

Scion: 236k.

Stretch goals:
245k: There will be a Scion Bestiary PDF. It will have a section on Giants.

But it will only be available in pdf form if you order the physical copies.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
The physical backers just get it first. Thankfully onyx path is not in the market of kickstarter exclusives

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, Rich Thomas has confirmed - physical backers just get a free PDF of the Bestiary, which will be a third book coming out eventually.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
BNS Vampire had much better art. Voltaire as the Baali was a cute get.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Finally art that relays the quality of an actual larp session

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Has the beast dark eras stuff been released yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Kurieg posted:

Has the beast dark eras stuff been released yet?

No, it's in the Companion, which is eking its way through art and layout.