Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnTCMrEn7Wx5ofw_mG_ke_htdtVIY1LZWr907Cx8gn8/edit?usp=sharing

Those are the rules. Feel free to copy them for your own leagues, to make your leagues less scrub-tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

OxySnake posted:

Same.

Here's looking forward to a few weeks when Gordon's ridiculous TD rate comes back down to earth.

:cheerdoge:

People have been saying this for weeks but I'm not so sure. I don't think he'll sustain his current rate but I don't think he's gonna crater either.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnTCMrEn7Wx5ofw_mG_ke_htdtVIY1LZWr907Cx8gn8/edit?usp=sharing

Those are the rules. Feel free to copy them for your own leagues, to make your leagues less scrub-tier.

:stare:

I honestly can't say if that's the best thing or the worst thing I've seen all day.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually I learned a lot from a couple years of this thread, like, what sorts of things constantly come up in other leagues, and wrote rules to address them.

A lot of the rules make very explicit exactly under what circumstances you might not get your deposit back, because the one thing I don't think there should be any ambiguity about is the real money part. I was also conscientious about the treasurer and commissioner roles, since I'm acting as both and was also drafting the rules; being extremely transparent about that poo poo is important to me.

We're also doing taxi squads, and some research showed there's a lot of variation on how different leagues handle that; and we've got annual rookie/free agent drafts to design, owners can trade future picks but only if they've deposited for those future years, there's rules governing rule adjudication, and then there's your very normal scoring and lineup stuff.

It's all formally laid out but taken as a whole it's not actually all that much. Maybe a bit wordy.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Giving Fitzgerald for Gurley is an overpay right?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Bellmaker posted:

People have been saying this for weeks but I'm not so sure. I don't think he'll sustain his current rate but I don't think he's gonna crater either.

I'm not convinced that Gordon is great or that the TD's are going to keep coming at the same rate, but he is producing because of his usage and being in the offense he is in. That's not going to change unless you think Rivers is going to be hurt.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Go play in a dynasty league with a paragraph of rules and tell me how fun that is. After a week it would be chaos.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Fellow managers, it appears that team manager "Dez Nuts" is in clear violation of Statute 4.2.6, Section A, Paragraph 5

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Fellow managers, it appears that team manager "Dez Nuts" is in clear violation of Statute 4.2.6, Section A, Paragraph 5

Rule clearly states you can't name your team after a player if you don't own said player.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

Giving Fitzgerald for Gurley is an overpay right?

PPR most certainly. Even when Palmer is being lovely he can get it short to Fitzy.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Leperflesh posted:

Rule 0 is all you need if you have idiots in your league

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody in the league has complained. This is a dynasty money league; having very clear and comprehensive rules means not having lovely drama and fights and stuff. And we hashed out the rules before the startup draft in 2015, as a group, so everyone had a chance to know and agree to them before we got going.

I mean, I could have flattened the structure of the rules numbering, of course, but using deep trees of nested rules shows a hierarchy and doesn't really hurt anything.

To be honest I think that actually kind of awesome, just seemed like low-hanging fruit.

Also Jacquizz for Crabtree trade was accepted :toot:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

PPR most certainly. Even when Palmer is being lovely he can get it short to Fitzy.

What about Fitzgerald for Booker?

I also have Julio, Alshon, Crabtree, Montgomery, and Moncrief at WR.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Someone dropped Palmer in one of my leagues and I wasn't really thrilled with starting Rivers this week against Denver. Pick him up or one of Alex Smith or Carson Wentz? I know Carolina's pass d hasn't been great, but they are coming off of bye so who knows what that might mean.This is a standard yahoo league.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Someone dropped Palmer in one of my leagues and I wasn't really thrilled with starting Rivers this week against Denver. Pick him up or one of Alex Smith or Carson Wentz? I know Carolina's pass d hasn't been great, but they are coming off of bye so who knows what that might mean.This is a standard yahoo league.

I'd keep Rivers, Palmer hasn't been great this year (yet I keep starting him) and Rivers is a boss

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm starting Trevor Siemien over Carson Palmer this week because Palmer has been absolute garbage since week 3. In week 3 he scored less than two and a half points against buffalo. Carolina might be softer, and maybe he returns to his first two weeks' production, but don't count on it.

I mean he's got the upside to go upwards of 30 points but you might also get five.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Sweeper posted:

I'd keep Rivers, Palmer hasn't been great this year (yet I keep starting him) and Rivers is a boss

Oh, I wasn't planning on dropping Rivers. Just picking someone up for a one week spot start.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Oh, I wasn't planning on dropping Rivers. Just picking someone up for a one week spot start.

I meant I'd keep him in your lineup :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Palmer should get some serious consideration. Dallas has been strong against the deep pass, so I don't care for Wentz as a streaming option. Alex Smith us Alex Smith. I actually like Palmer with this matchup. I think the upside is there and I trust him a lot more than other options, despite his recent adversity.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Palmer should get some serious consideration. Dallas has been strong against the deep pass, so I don't care for Wentz as a streaming option. Alex Smith us Alex Smith. I actually like Palmer with this matchup. I think the upside is there and I trust him a lot more than other options, despite his recent adversity.

Man i don't know, I wouldn't have any trust in a QB that hasn't even scored more than 14 points in nearly 2 months. Sure Panthers pass defense is garbage, but so was the Jets and he put up squat.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fitzpatrick.

Book it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

Man i don't know, I wouldn't have any trust in a QB that hasn't even scored more than 14 points in nearly 2 months. Sure Panthers pass defense is garbage, but so was the Jets and he put up squat.

It is a bye week fill in and I trust the other options less.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

It is a bye week fill in and I trust the other options less.

Yea, but i wouldn't give him any more serious consideration than those other 2 at this moment and he doesn't need him to cover a bye, it's just because he doesn't like Rivers @DEN. Honestly i'd just roll with Rivers even against Denver.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Urgh this feels collusiony. Guy I'm playing this week had two of his RBs 3 RBs on bye and a dumpster fire at WR. He gets a trade off with his friend in the league who sends him Ryan Mathews and Jeremy Maclin for Marvin Jones Jr.

I hope Maclin doesn't suddenly come alive this week

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Urgh this feels collusiony. Guy I'm playing this week had two of his RBs 3 RBs on bye and a dumpster fire at WR. He gets a trade off with his friend in the league who sends him Ryan Mathews and Jeremy Maclin for Marvin Jones Jr.

I hope Maclin doesn't suddenly come alive this week

It's a lovely trade but I wouldn't call it collusion.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

What about Fitzgerald for Booker?

I also have Julio, Alshon, Crabtree, Montgomery, and Moncrief at WR.

If you can get him for Fitzy I think it's an even deal honestly. Julio would be an absurd price to pay don't even mention him again. The hype has him as this years #1 overall when really he was a lottery ticket to get CJ2K's numbers. People are mostly hype that the ticket paid off so keep that in mind when trying to trade for him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If you can get him for Fitzy I think it's an even deal honestly. Julio would be an absurd price to pay don't even mention him again. The hype has him as this years #1 overall when really he was a lottery ticket to get CJ2K's numbers. People are mostly hype that the ticket paid off so keep that in mind when trying to trade for him.

I wouldn't have offered Julio, i was just listing who else i had at WR besides Fitzgerald.

I accepted the Fitz for Booker already though.

Though now i have a tougher decision on who to flex, but i think it's better ROS.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Carson Palmer is bad, y'all only get a few more opportunities to jump on my lovely hot takes that are clearly all coming to fruition in a perfect storm of false equivalency and placated ego that will result in me being insufferable all off-season and then proven to be a blithering jackass when I'm wrong about everything next year

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Carson Palmer is bad, y'all only get a few more opportunities to jump on my lovely hot takes that are clearly all coming to fruition in a perfect storm of false equivalency and placated ego that will result in me being insufferable all off-season and then proven to be a blithering jackass when I'm wrong about everything next year

Everyone who has posted says he is bad. We are arguing his badness relative to other badness.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So I'm part of the "Lost CJ Anderson Club". I love my main RBs but I feel I'm hurting on depth. Should I try to flip for an RB or just replace with like Rob Kelley or Hunter Henry? 0.5 PPR

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

So I'm part of the "Lost CJ Anderson Club". I love my main RBs but I feel I'm hurting on depth. Should I try to flip for an RB or just replace with like Rob Kelley or Hunter Henry? 0.5 PPR

CJA is droppable. Due to your short benches, there are probably some barfy options on the wire like Asiata, Dwayne Washington, Thompson, etc. That said, I would target a guy like D. Henry, Gills, Blue, or Dixon who are opportunity plays on a more run-based offense and can stand to gain the majority of available touches were his bellcow were to go down.

At first I thought you were talking about Hunter Henry. Yeah, you need exactly a guy like Derrick Henry.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Suave Fedora posted:

CJA is droppable. Due to your short benches, there are probably some barfy options on the wire like Asiata, Dwayne Washington, Thompson, etc. That said, I would target a guy like D. Henry, Gills, Blue, or Dixon who are opportunity plays on a more run-based offense and can stand to gain the majority of available touches were his bellcow were to go down.

At first I thought you were talking about Hunter Henry. Yeah, you need exactly a guy like Derrick Henry.

I meant Derrick Henry yes.

I keep mixing up my Henrys, I did it at least twice this week already :shepface:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a lovely trade but I wouldn't call it collusion.

Yeah I don't know what to call it. A couple weeks ago I fed Robert Woods to my friend for a nothing player after Watkins went down and Woods just had a good game. I figured it was okay since Woods would probably be a nothing player too. I think that's what happened here as the trade isn't astoundingly one sided or anything, or even that important in the long run unless Maclin returns to form, it just burns my britches that he was about to be stuck with a goose egg in his RB spot and then got helped by his only friend in the league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Yeah I don't know what to call it. A couple weeks ago I fed Robert Woods to my friend for a nothing player after Watkins went down and Woods just had a good game. I figured it was okay since Woods would probably be a nothing player too. I think that's what happened here as the trade isn't astoundingly one sided or anything, or even that important in the long run unless Maclin returns to form, it just burns my britches that he was about to be stuck with a goose egg in his RB spot and then got helped by his only friend in the league.

Marvin > Mathews + Maclin. I don't know what you're worrying about. It hurts the guy's team that is getting the RB. Sorry that it's against you, but his friend didn't help him, he took advantage of his team's weakness to come out ahead.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

A RB committee of DJ, D Murray, Spencer Ware, D Booker, T Rawls and Dion Lewis (Deep bench with an IR spot, reason keeping the last 2) is a pretty safe bet for the rest of the year, right? .5PPR yahoo standard

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

TUS posted:

A RB committee of DJ, D Murray, Spencer Ware, D Booker, T Rawls and Dion Lewis (Deep bench with an IR spot, reason keeping the last 2) is a pretty safe bet for the rest of the year, right? .5PPR yahoo standard

Uh... yeah. You have 3 rb1s and possibly 4.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Sataere posted:

Everyone who has posted says he is bad. We are arguing his badness relative to other badness.

his badness is look into the void and despair and go no qb this week you've already lost sorry

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Im looking to trade one of my WRs for a RB. Without posting everyones rosters, who would be a fair RB to target for one of these WRs in standard noppr league:

Jordy
Fitz
Moncrief
Fuller

Im looking to upgrade on this horrendous RB corp:

Gurley
Howard
Langford
Gillislee
Deandre Washington
Kenneth Dixon

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Jordy and Fitz are the most valuable assets you have to trade and it would probably have to be one of them to get a good RB in return. But you can't just go after a certain RB. When trading WRs for a RB, you are very much dependent on which team is actually weak at WR, since most teams are going to have solid WR corps, and what RBs they could potentially part with. I always have to make it a 2-for-1 to get the other team to think about losing an RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Target owners, not players. Convincing someone to trade usually relies more on what they need than what you do. It's easy enough to eyeball but if you prefer fancy "expert" rankings then you can see graphs like this with a fantasypros free account. This is a team in my league who I am trying to pry Zeke from:

• Locked thread