Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

there's something in the air that's lowering the average iq every generation. for what purpose? only god knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lpzie posted:

there's something in the air that's lowering the average iq every generation. for what purpose? only god knows.

What? Nah mate, the kids these days are awesome

It's the Generation(s) Lead who were all hosed up in the brain

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lpzie posted:

higher co2 levels in the air make it more difficult for lungs to rid a body of its own co2. we are all living in the global equivalent of a stuffy room and it keeps getting worse

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Spergin Morlock posted:

higher co2 levels in the air make it more difficult for lungs to rid a body of its own co2. we are all living in the global equivalent of a stuffy room and it keeps getting worse

I want to live in a climate controlled, hermetically sealed habitat far away from the world

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lpzie posted:

hey nice theory. for a clown at the circus

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tighclops posted:

I want to live in a climate controlled, hermetically sealed habitat far away from the world

I want this but on earth

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tighclops posted:

When I can't sleep I imagine I'm in one of these, in orbit around Jupiter

Far far far away from anyone

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i can get almost a gig down over 5g now the kids are getting a firmware update

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Lpzie posted:

frfr, no cap

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Lpzie posted:

I think its just CO2 and microplastics.

042824_2
Apr 28, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Apr 29, 2024

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I blame corn. Obesity started to balloon up once that corn poo poo was used as the sweetener. Your body doesn't know what to do with it and you don't get satiated in either your sweet craving or hunger and you have lower overall energy which creates a more sedentary lifestyle. You just need to buy my book to find out more things THEY don't want you to know.

Apr 29, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Apr 29, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Houle posted:

I blame corn. Obesity started to balloon up once that corn poo poo was used as the sweetener. Your body doesn't know what to do with it and you don't get satiated in either your sweet craving or hunger and you have lower overall energy which creates a more sedentary lifestyle. You just need to buy my book to find out more things THEY don't want you to know.

nah hfcs is only about 5% more fructose than plain sugar. as a population we all eat (and drink!) a poo poo ton of food even when our lifestyles mean we shouldnt

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I think where hfc is special is that it's so freaking cheap to produce that it shows up in all kinds of stuff that should not be sweetened, like, at all.

Like thread favorite subject bread!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I was baffled the first time I went to the US and ate cheap white bread

It tasted about as sweet as cake! And not very nice cake either!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

love our corn

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

corn is weird as heck

it's a grain like wheat but the seeds are all wet and squishy? it's also freaking huge?

corn is a lovecraftian crop

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

corn is weird as heck

it's a grain like wheat but the seeds are all wet and squishy? it's also freaking huge?

corn is a lovecraftian crop

I mean that's after centuries of artificial selection and intentional genetic modification. So it's more of a cronenbergian crop

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Maize is good but white invaders hosed it up by not always nixtamilizing

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm so sorry, friend :( love and support to you and your family. Learn to play the bodhran anyway, in his honor, and weave good memories of him through the music you make with it. Our loved ones never really leave us. They are there every time, every place we look for them in our own lives. May he rest well, and his memory provide strength and inspiration for those who love him.

Thanks so much! I lost my little brother to alcohol in 2021, and he always wanted to learn the guitar, and one of the ways I've been keeping his memory alive is to get better at the guitar, so I know what you mean there! Although, he'd be a little disappointed in me, since he built this high end gaming machine and was really into FPSes and wargames and stuff, and over the past year or so, I've grown to really dislike the concept of violence as entertainment, and I've been using this tank of a PC mostly to make music. :)

I didn't realize that my uncle played the bodhran when I got one.. I told my aunt that I ordered one and she was like, "Brian plays that! He's pretty good at it, and he has three of them".

edit: My uncle didn't drink. This was a complete and total surprise. My little brother did, though. A lot.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Arepas are amazing

It's not corn's fault

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

The average American is far divorced from the normal (which in this case is synonymous with good) state of bread. I remember I was talking to someone one time, and upon them learning that I make my own bread, they tried to turn it into a point of conversation by going "oh yeah, I've been thinking of getting a new brand of bread, because what I get right now starts to go bad after 2 weeks. Do you have any suggestions?"

I didn't know what else to say besides I don't think bread normally lasts 2 weeks, either because of composition or because whenever I make fresh bread we just eat all of it in about 2 days. A lot of store bought bread here is enriched with fat to replace the water content and artificially expand its lifespan so that It can sit on a shelf for like 2 weeks before being taken home and being half eaten apparently.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

A super sugary bread I do gently caress with tho: shokupan. Takes forever if you don't have a stand mixer with a dough hook, but it's an awesome tender dessert bread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

always be cornmaxing

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

If you give a gray some elote

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If you give a gray some elote

Forget that, give ME some elote. I mean, I'll share.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Arepas are amazing

It's not corn's fault

Arepas are rarely amazing. Get yourself a pupusa

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

i find this difficult to believe. this pops up periodically but even cheap white bread from walmart (it barely gets any cheaper) doesn't contain any unreasonable amounts of sugar despite what the internet thinks. i question whether people go there and buy weird prepackaged brioche.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I mean that's after centuries of artificial selection and intentional genetic modification. So it's more of a cronenbergian crop

most sweet corn is thanks to atomic gardening which is totally metal

mediaphage has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Apr 29, 2024

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

For the sake of comparison maybe go abroad and try the cheap white breads of other peoples. Just not Australia, I hear they put icecream sprinkles on it as a popular dessert.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the reasonable amount of sugar for bread to have, for most people in the world, is none

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

the reasonable amount of sugar for bread to have, for most people in the world, is none

i only put that there because industrial sandwich bread often uses a bit of sugar as a dough conditioner; it's not enough to have any impact on health or taste. it's fine.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

For the sake of comparison maybe go abroad and try the cheap white breads of other peoples. Just not Australia, I hear they put icecream sprinkles on it as a popular dessert.

this may surprise you but i've lived in more than one country including france. their fresh bread game is off the charts obviously but even the french have pain au mie they use for occasional toast and the like and it doesn't taste much different than storebought white sandwich bread found in the us and canada

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

anyhoo did anyone see this grassroots object tracking system? i think this is pretty cool

quote:

Hello UFOs community!

**Update 29/04/2024:**

We're excited to announce that the BoB Universal Object Tracker Discord server is now live! Please use this invitation to join us: https://discord.gg/3BRmkqWyZE

**In brief:**

The open-source project, the "BoB Universal Object Tracker," is designed to help track Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP). It's now available for download on GitHub.

Simply plug in a camera and track objects in the sky with ease using BoB. Available now at https://github.com/bobcamera/bobinstall, it is open-source and free—your ultimate tool for real-time object tracking and analysis.

**BoB Install Guide**

- BoB Install Guide for Windows: https://youtu.be/_JNQtOrdvAY?feature=shared

- BoB Install Guide for Linux: https://youtu.be/aqAwY16BYXM?feature=shared

**Example Videos**

- Fast Moving Object (Possibly Military Aircraft): https://youtu.be/S82pohGM7ug?feature=shared

- Fast Meteor with Long Duration: https://youtu.be/Hk0DUKnUiqo?feature=shared

- 2 Military Aircraft: https://youtu.be/-nIPsnhFEeE?feature=shared

- Military Aircraft C130: https://youtu.be/OsmeKB3Buf0?feature=shared

**Follow BoB on Social Media**

- LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/BobUniversalObjectTracker

Whether you're a nature enthusiast, wildlife researcher, or simply curious about the world, BoB empowers you to explore the mysteries that surround us.

Thank you for considering BoB for your exploration and discovery needs!

Many thanks,

Paul

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

jrooti caught on cam busting moves:

https://twitter.com/Hastychckenball/status/1784799273286087161

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

god damnit even the aliens dance better than i do

my bony fealty