Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lmao even resetera isn't buying this poo poo. I guess the dnd Trump thread is officially The Worst now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Office Pig posted:

Williams and Reid leaves the progressive left

lol what

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perfect Potato posted:

lmao even resetera isn't buying this poo poo. I guess the dnd Trump thread is officially The Worst now

wow I checked and my god you’re right they’re calling to fire her and everything maybe this time next year they’ll learn the church of obama is built on lies

well, half of them. at least. the other half are “Joy is amazing and I hope this blows by”

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

really queer Christmas posted:

how did this go from being hilarious to infuriating

capitalism~

the free markets have decided joy's fate

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Perfect Potato posted:

it always was, but up until recently its badness was mod state-sanctioned whereas now its total shititude seems to be an organic byproduct of naturally-occurring succcccc

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If you think about it, it's the people who didn't hate gays in 2010 that are the problem - where's their growth? Where's their evolution?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

jBrereton posted:

If you think about it, it's the people who didn't hate gays in 2010 that are the problem - where's their growth? Where's their evolution?

i post from the great plane beyond mortal kith and ken

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jBrereton posted:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
She can never admit she remembers writing all of it because that would mean she lied to the FBI. Awkward when you are covering Russia/Trump.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Okay, but what happens if getting rid of folks like Williams and Reid leaves the progressive left with no media allies?

reid is a media enemy of the progressive left if anything

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jBrereton posted:

no jeremy kyle sit down sesh w/ those people and their intransigent views that gay people should have equal rights

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuriousxGeorge posted:

She can never admit she remembers writing all of it because that would mean she lied to the FBI. Awkward when you are covering Russia/Trump.

lock. her. up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, drat premature anti-homophobes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

joy's fake apology is being astroturfed hard btw, joe kennedy style

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

wow I checked and my god you’re right they’re calling to fire her and everything maybe this time next year they’ll learn the church of obama is built on lies

well, half of them. at least. the other half are “Joy is amazing and I hope this blows by”

i dunno i think there might be a positive ratio for people trying to hold her accountable

that there are so many people calling joy a 'journalist' is still pure :eng99:

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

lock. her. up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Watching AM Joy on MSNBC. The progressive host, Joy Reid has been under criticism by Daily Beast and other progressives for LGBTQ related comments in her many years old posts that were insensitive and that she took ownership of while other posts were outright vile that she maintains never writing. Joy opened her show with what I felt was the most heartfelt apology and a clear statement to her own evolution on LGBTQ issues that most all of us who are not part of that community have taken over the recent years. There is regrettably, a Franken effect that is taking place among us Liberals where every-time bacon grease is splashed upon one of us from the right we eat our own. That is how we kill our best soldiers. We as a movement need to adopt the attitude that we are all as human beings flawed but we learn and evolve over time to arrive at the correct place in history where we are today. Do that and our progressive movement will grow in strength and attain the goals we all want. Do it not and we will continue to eat our own, erode our movement from the foundation up and enable the right to prevail.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

Watching AM Joy on MSNBC. The progressive host, Joy Reid has been under criticism by Daily Beast and other progressives for LGBTQ related comments in her many years old posts that were insensitive and that she took ownership of while other posts were outright vile that she maintains never writing. Joy opened her show with what I felt was the most heartfelt apology and a clear statement to her own evolution on LGBTQ issues that most all of us who are not part of that community have taken over the recent years. There is regrettably, a Franken effect that is taking place among us Liberals where every-time bacon grease is splashed upon one of us from the right we eat our own. That is how we kill our best soldiers. We as a movement need to adopt the attitude that we are all as human beings flawed but we learn and evolve over time to arrive at the correct place in history where we are today. Do that and our progressive movement will grow in strength and attain the goals we all want. Do it not and we will continue to eat our own, erode our movement from the foundation up and enable the right to prevail.

how i know it's astrotured is they keep referring to it as "heartfelt" and "genuine" and emphasizing how much she's taking responsibility for her actions, when she lied about it and still refuses to admit fault

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how the Russia story that they’ve been spinning as the greatest event of our times became a cudgel to cover for their personal bullshit

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I would like to express a heartfelt for trundling the gays into sacks and murdering them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I like how the Russia story that they’ve been spinning as the greatest event of our times became a cudgel to cover for their personal bullshit

they basically co-opted an actually serious problem to use as weapon for the status quo

it's some centrist-rear end centrism

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
This could have gone totally different if Joy owned up to it, apologized and got used to the fact that she's a mercenary and opportunist but that would tarnish the years she spent pounding sand to cultivate her perfect liberal image publicly. This is just so reflective of liberal attitude regarding money deciding which direction the wind blows in order to profit purely off of human rights. Liberals still work within this frame so its no wonder that they're met with disdain and scorn when confronted on real issues that have been largely sidelined because profiteering comes first and issues only evolve when its practical to profit off on it in this country. She is just a reminder of how liberals behave under capitalism and squirm when their livelihood is at stake instead of people, their considerations and their rights.

GunnerJ posted:

That is how we kill our best soldiers.

ya i dont think highly visible people in public are the best soldiers, if anything its the people, not a leader and that mentality only propagates because singling out people for leadership roles is good for marketability in late stage capitalism

Yinlock posted:

Rising Star Joy Ann Reid

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

This could have gone totally different if Joy owned up to it, apologized and got used to the fact that she's a mercenary and opportunist but that would tarnish the years she spent pounding sand to cultivate her perfect liberal image publicly. This is just so reflective of liberal attitude regarding money deciding which direction the wind blows in order to profit purely off of human rights. Liberals still work within this frame so its no wonder that they're met with disdain and scorn when confronted on real issues that have been largely sidelined because profiteering comes first and issues only evolve when its practical to profit off on it in this country. She is just a reminder of how liberals behave under capitalism and squirm when their livelihood is at stake instead of people, their considerations and their rights.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol didn’t realize this was an on air statement

She reminds me of when I first (very poorly) played the game Mafia as one of the mafia players. I thought I would somehow throw people off my trail by acknowledging that their logic for me being mafia was sound, but that it still wasn't true.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yinlock posted:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

i want to comfort myself with the possibility that the direction this farce has taken helped to bring to the forefront the underlying contradictions in liberal ideology but

well

i don't really have that kind of faith

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

ya i dont think highly visible people in public are the best soldiers, if anything its the people, not a leader and that mentality only propagates because singling out people for leadership roles is good for marketability in late stage capitalism

For the record, I actually loled when I read that line.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

What do you mean “became”? The whole thing started as a way to distract from the contents of the Podesta emails.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The only way she would face any consequences for this is if people came down on her advertizers and forced msnbcs hand.

It's obvious everyone got the talking points to parrot and they will pull her out of this by sheer volume.

In the end the only thing we have is further proof that every argument made against the left is in bad faith.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

spitting hot truth right here

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GunnerJ posted:

For the record, I actually loled when I read that line.

oh I knew it was copypaste cos it was unreal, I just wanted to excoriate whoever that dumbass was that wrote that garbage~

the whole :qq: we're losing our best people stop iiiiit :qq: is another parroted talking point that serves to keep a defeatist mindset to ensure intransigence instead of progress

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 28, 2018

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

oh I knew it was copypaste cos it was unreal, I just wanted to excoriate whoever that dumbass was that wrote that garbage~

:hai:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i think it's pretty likely she will face consequences for this, in the form of losing her columnist spot at the daily beast

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

the whole :qq: we're losing our best people stop iiiiit :qq: is another parroted talking point that serves to keep a defeatist mindset to ensure intransigence instead of progress

This idea that losing one individual person is going to matter to any movement is insane and projecting as all gently caress because they can't imagine a world without a strict hierarchy.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The best part is that she is "sincere" and "heartfelt" while *still* denying she did it. Ack.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There are 330,000,000 people in America. I'm sure there's easily a million people who could do Joy Reid's job better than she could.

No one is irreplaceable.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

This idea that losing one individual person is going to matter to any movement is insane and projecting as all gently caress because they can't imagine a world without a strict hierarchy.

It really kind of suggests that one has no real faith in their own ideology if the mere loss of one person who advocated for it publicy could apparently lead to a ideology being discredited.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

There's definitely a "Franken effect" in this bullshit hero worship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

There's definitely a "Franken effect" in this bullshit hero worship.

Imagine if there was ever a credible effort against Biden lmao

• Locked thread