Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Beet Wagon posted:

My girlfriend got Kayak a hat.

It's supposed to be a park ranger hat, but to me it just makes him look like a vietcong. I hope Derek doesn't come after him.

He's beautiful. :3: He needs a twitter account. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Nice example there. Thanks!

Look at how the bases are styled in Team Fortress 2. Blu uses lots of grey concrete and blue paint, Red uses warm-coloured wood and red paint, but they still moderate it with lots of other features so it's not literally monotone.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Beet Wagon posted:

My girlfriend got Barky a hat.

It's supposed to be a park ranger hat, but to me it just makes him look like a vietcong. I hope Derek doesn't come after him.

My favorite kind of dog to chill with.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Also I am in the middle of an exploration run in elite and the way you scan solar systems is by unleashing a mighty paarp that travels for billions of miles. I'm sure this is pure coincidence but I choose to believe it is deliberate on the part of elite devs.

I am literally parping my way across the 'laxy it's great

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I'm at the point now where I feel like I've already read all the new posts in this thread many times, but I can't stop reading. I don't want to miss it if something interesting happens. :negative:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

Continually post the stupidest photos of japan in the japan.jpg thread. You're supposed to talk about how awesome anime is and how much better japan is than whatever country you live in, but I just like to make jokes.

You rebel you.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Galarox posted:

Sgt Parpers Lonely Smarts Club Band

Galarox, we don't deserve you

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ravane posted:

He's beautiful. :3: He needs a twitter account. :)

Thanks! I should make him one so he can finally reconnect with his old platoon mate, Leonard.

He is not fond of the hat:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I got Star Citizen working in VR and I still feel legit loving ill
No point doing a vid because it looks like a normal video, but fuuuuuckkkkk, getting in a ship / getting out of bed have made me feel worse then I ever did with the DK1 even.
It is horrible

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

No point doing a vid because it looks like a normal video, but fuuuuuckkkkk, getting in a ship / getting out of bed have made me feel worse then I ever did with the DK1 even.
It is horrible

i am truley sorry for your lots

:3:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

It is horrible
Don't worry they're going to fix it after they finish everything else. On target for availability later this year!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Beet Wagon posted:

Thanks! I should make him one so he can finally reconnect with his old platoon mate, Leonard.

He is not fond of the hat:

He looks exactly like this dog:

He may very well have been in Leonard's platoon, haha.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

It is horrible

i kind of want a video of people's faces playing star citizen in VR and see how sickly and unhappy they get

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

It is horrible

Probably be more interesting to watch the person playing the game than the game footage. Place bets on how long pgabz can play before throwing up!

Someone with LoD do a video of it with this playing over it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QGPWLY-EM

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

It is horrible

plz dont die :pgabz:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMwKD-qR2U&t=203s

WTF are these and why did they suddenly appear?

Jesus what is with Roberts and pointless vision obstructions.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lazorexplosion posted:

A sentence I'm sure is said by every person working at CIG every day.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lazorexplosion posted:

maybe we are the ones with the real vision obstructions

the vision obstructions of the mind

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

lazorexplosion posted:

Star Citizen ULTIMATE IMMERSION kit.

$1500, no LTI

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Haskell9 posted:

The horse has been shown water, Smorgasbord. Whether he drinks or instead persists with his current koolaid diet is up to him

So shines a good parp in a weary con

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Probably be more interesting to watch the person playing the game than the game footage. Place bets on how long pgabz can play before throwing up!

Someone with LoD do a video of it with this playing over it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QGPWLY-EM

That'd get a fuckload of views on twitch. Watch Pgabz play Star Citizen in VR...

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

That'd get a fuckload of views on twitch. Watch Pgabz play Star Citizen in VR...

I'm glad that Pgabz is some kind of magical folklore animal that eats misery and shits hilarity with a catchy beat but I think that we should curb our euphoria before inflicting sincere harm on him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Pgabz is this thread's spirit animal

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4b5wu1/dereks_projection_for_the_future_of_star_citizen/

:henget:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ironically assaulting vending machines seems to be the one thing to do in star citizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm glad that Pgabz is some kind of magical folklore animal that eats misery and shits hilarity with a catchy beat but I think that we should curb our euphoria before inflicting sincere harm on him.
Agreed. The nausea and headaches induced can sometimes persist for a long, long time. Seeing how much he could endure for the sake of LOLs would be akin to torture. Not worth the agony!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

alf_pogs posted:

ironically assaulting vending machines seems to be the one thing to do in star citizen

:shittypop:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Cactus posted:

I just want solar plebian to be real.

It is. And it will become ever more so.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Daztek posted:

Me too, friend, me too

Did you check out the repo yet?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Technical question from someone who hasn't bought into the alpha yet, what exactly is "heat" and how does it affect the fidelity? Also, is there some hidden hotkey that will initiate the PAARP function, or will I be able to just "USE" it when the time is right.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah I mean we probably shouldn't coerce pgabz into self torture.

We should explain how to get it working on Reddit and get a citizen to do it instead :devil:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No poo poo look at that guys reddit history every post has XD in it

He doesn't know how to communicate without telling people how hard he is laughing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a lot like Chris Roberts

I occasionally come up with awesome game ideas

Like him, I have no skill at making games

The difference (besides the fact i don't sound like I'm talking with a bunch of marbles in my mouth) is that I don't have millions of dollars to blow

It's a cruel universe

starkebn
May 18, 2004

the thing that I find most amusing about the CIG office wall-wrap is that the shots are not even something from in-game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

the thing that I find most amusing about the CIG office wall-wrap is that the shots are not even something from in-game

If it's restricted to ingame content there wouldn't be enough content to fill out a wallwrap

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Eonwe posted:

If it's restricted to ingame content there wouldn't be enough content to fill out a wallwrap

and it would be almost completely black

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Agreed. The nausea and headaches induced can sometimes persist for a long, long time. Seeing how much he could endure for the sake of LOLs would be akin to torture. Not worth the agony!

Hmm. My next impulse was to say maybe we could puppetmaster Lesnick into doing it, but I doubt that would work given he has vision problems on par with Roberts.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Hmm. My next impulse was to say maybe we could puppetmaster Lesnick into doing it, but I doubt that would work given he has vision problems on par with Roberts.

i have read orwell's "killing an elephant" and i want no part of this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

:laffo:

• Locked thread