Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sundowner posted:

jesus christ what an insufferable person. SO loving EDGY YOU COULD COP A SHAVE OFF HIS YOUTUBES.

every second sentence begins with some stupid quip or metaphor or analogy or hosed up vernacular. real people don't talk like that.

I really regret going back to that for a second go. Jesus Christ, metal band and videogame posters, sunglasses and leather jacket, ranting like a third-rate shock jock, he's a 12 year-old's idea of cool. I'm too old for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Toops posted:

hahaha nice!

I was actually thinking about voicing these myself, but if I don't like how it comes out, I'll call on your services. In general, the voice needs to be deeper and more epic. I'll post it on soundcloud after I finish the deep refactor of SP's cockpit tech and make the weekly dev update vid.

Heh thanks.

There's too many great opportunities for dialog here but I don't want to be a jerk and attempt to scoop them all up I actually didn't even think they'd get VA actually!

I just recorded what I saw in the vid and added the fidelitous ram (unless that was already in your script :tinfoil:) but I'd be glad to offer my """"talent"""".

Not to parp my own airhorn but I can do a pretty broad array of voices and a few accents so I like to flex that muscle when I can.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What ship to fill my Hangar?

Hi everyone,

i would like to add ships to my Hangar and i am not sure which i should take.

At the moment i have:
- Constellation Aquila (Exploration)
- Sabre (Combat)
- Aurora LX (small Trades)
- Mustang Delta (light combat)

I am thinking about getting an Polaris Corvette as soon as its availlable (Support)
What i could use is a Trading Ship, but i am not sure which one. (Maybe Caterpillar)
I also think about getting the Starfarer.

So what are your suggestions?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6480915/#Comment_6480915

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sundowner posted:

jesus christ what an insufferable person. SO loving EDGY YOU COULD COP A SHAVE OFF HIS YOUTUBES.

every second sentence begins with some stupid quip or metaphor or analogy or hosed up vernacular. real people don't talk like that.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

eXXon posted:

What ship to fill my Hangar?
So what are your suggestions?
Psychiatric treatment. Even if this game was going to come out, why the gently caress would anyone buy a shitload of ships before it's released? Even if this were going to be the best game ever you still need to play the drat thing and find out what you enjoy doing in it. There's one chucklefuck saying the Starfarer looks good for $195. I don't think I've spent that much on videogames in the last two years, and these dumbasses are casually tossing it away for minor piece of DLC.

I really have trouble getting my head around the disconnect from reality these people have. It's like a loving cult, only one that was somehow created by accident by a group of idiots. Truly amazing when you think of the effort most cult leaders have to go to when all Roberts had to do was say "I want to make a space game."

Christ, I'm in a lovely mood now.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

starkebn posted:

and it would be almost completely black

Art chosen by sandi to include no black.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6477133/#Comment_6477133

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6477143/#Comment_6477143

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stAgAbVGLqw

So, would this make you nauseous in VR?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

I really regret going back to that for a second go. Jesus Christ, metal band and videogame posters, sunglasses and leather jacket, ranting like a third-rate shock jock, he's a 12 year-old's idea of cool. I'm too old for this poo poo.

I looked at him for about two seconds and closed the window. Also lol at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mYXk_wfG-I

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6477637/#Comment_6477637

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

After the first day and weekend on sale, it looks like the Blade is going to be one of the weakest concept sales.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Non-believers.
Leavers.

There's something that really rubs me the wrong way about those -ers monickers they keep on using.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

:allears: Goddamn, I needed that. There's something about B'tak's ability to take any topic and turn it to his crippling fear of any sort of challenge or threat that cheers me up.

Peven Stan posted:

I looked at him for about two seconds and closed the window. Also lol at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mYXk_wfG-I

Whereas this guy... I just want him to be wrong about everything.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

captain b'tak's sabertooth tiger avatar really seems to not be super appropriate. i can't even think of an animal that would try to avoid confrontation to this level

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

captain b'tak's sabertooth tiger avatar really seems to not be super appropriate. i can't even think of an animal that would try to avoid confrontation to this level

Impractically long teeth, trouble keeping his mouth shut, extinct.
Sounds appropriate to me.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
B'Tak's mode of forum posting is indistinguishable from Cobblers aside from the theme. Its remarkable.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

orcinus posted:

Non-believers.
Leavers.

There's something that really rubs me the wrong way about those -ers monickers they keep on using.

I find it to be really unnerving because it sounds so cult-like

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Banano posted:

Also I am in the middle of an exploration run in elite and the way you scan solar systems is by unleashing a mighty paarp that travels for billions of miles. I'm sure this is pure coincidence but I choose to believe it is deliberate on the part of elite devs.

I am literally parping my way across the 'laxy it's great

I've always thought of that as a 'honk'.

A mighty honk though, no doubt. It is the second-best sound in the game (capital ship warping in wins of course), and I'll let one off even in systems I know are already discovered.

Both of those effects kind of rip off the Inception noise, which was probably inspired by Star Wars seismic bombs...people just love ground-shaking bass combined with a metallic thrum, it's probably primal or something.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

alf_pogs posted:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Banano posted:

Also I am in the middle of an exploration run in elite and the way you scan solar systems is by unleashing a mighty paarp that travels for billions of miles. I'm sure this is pure coincidence but I choose to believe it is deliberate on the part of elite devs.

I am literally parping my way across the 'laxy it's great

Totally forgot about this. What an amusing coincidence! :gary:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sundowner posted:

Heh thanks.

There's too many great opportunities for dialog here but I don't want to be a jerk and attempt to scoop them all up I actually didn't even think they'd get VA actually!

I just recorded what I saw in the vid and added the fidelitous ram (unless that was already in your script :tinfoil:) but I'd be glad to offer my """"talent"""".

Not to parp my own airhorn but I can do a pretty broad array of voices and a few accents so I like to flex that muscle when I can.

Awesome, right on man. Hey I look at this deal as a Goon collaboration, and I'm just helping glue parts together. So whatever lines you come up with, if you think they'll work, do it and send it along. The best way to make sure I see it is to email solarplebeian@gmail.com. I will see it pretty much right away, although I may not respond immediately. When poo poo gets hot at work I tend to really deep dive. I'm a work no distractions kind of dude.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Toops posted:

hahaha nice!

I was actually thinking about voicing these myself, but if I don't like how it comes out, I'll call on your services. In general, the voice needs to be deeper and more epic. I'll post it on soundcloud after I finish the deep refactor of SP's cockpit tech and make the weekly dev update vid.

I have a stereotypical broadcast announcer's voice to the point that post puberty I've been asked if I work in radio hundreds of times (no I'm an IT guy lol). I have no voice acting training whatsoever, but if that would be useful I'll pick up a decent mike and take direction.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sometimes I like although something to forget many times a lots of ideas of although too many something to remember is when maybe says too often IMAGINE.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Toops posted:

Sometimes I like although something to forget many times a lots of ideas of although too many something to remember is when maybe says too often IMAGINE.

Dreams, Toops. Let us gently massage ourselves with the velvet caresses of dreams [ENTER CREDIT CARD NUMBER]

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Haskell9 posted:

I have a stereotypical broadcast announcer's voice to the point that post puberty I've been asked if I work in radio hundreds of times (no I'm an IT guy lol). I have no voice acting training whatsoever, but if that would be useful I'll pick up a decent mike and take direction.

I was thinking about an announcer to call the Ram Matches. Kind of making fun of SC's racing announcer. If you have any ideas have at it. If not, I'll get around to writing a script sometime here in the 2 weeks.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
PS Derek I get that 5 years in changing things is hard but the monochrome thing is why I spend all my time playing with water in Nightbridge. It's the most non-monochrome map.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Toops posted:

I was thinking about an announcer to call the Ram Matches. Kind of making fun of SC's racing announcer. If you have any ideas have at it. If not, I'll get around to writing a script sometime here in the 2 weeks.

Requesting a link to audio files of the SC racing announcer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6465445/#Comment_6465445

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6468081/#Comment_6468081

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Reading B'tak's posts is a grind, alright.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Dear Santa, while I still want that seven billion creds of Elite money what I really want most of all is a chance to kill Captain B'Tak in the notgame that will never come out.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Haskell9 posted:

Dear Santa, while I still want that seven billion creds of Elite money what I really want most of all is a chance to kill Captain B'Tak in the notgame that will never come out.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Sundowner posted:

you shitpost with alacrity but don't try to obfuscate the myriad nuanced points that he was positing

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

orcinus posted:

Reading B'tak's posts is a grind, alright.

thats your point of view sure

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Happy Sisyphus posted:

you shitpost with alacrity but don't try to obfuscate the myriad nuanced points that he was positing

It's like he records his speeches, then sits down, plays through them while flipping through a thesaurus and picking random words.
Then he dubs himself with a re-recording using those.

Actually, that explains the bad audio sync perfectly too.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Happy Sisyphus posted:

thats your point of view sure

That's how i see it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

orcinus posted:

It's like he records his speeches, then sits down, plays through them while flipping through a thesaurus and picking random words.
Then he dubs himself with a re-recording using those.

Actually, that explains the bad audio sync perfectly too.

his credits at the end say "performed by" and that's definitely an accurate description

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I may have just rescued a goon's brother, not kidding. Go toward the light T-Minus! Go toward the light!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

his credits at the end say "performed by" and that's definitely an accurate description

Solid parpformance.
8 Bens out of 10.

Haskell9 posted:

I may have just rescued a goon's brother, not kidding. Go toward the light T-Minus! Go toward the light!

:aaa: What hap?

• Locked thread