Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

if he does it in the house his wife might get mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

euphronius posted:

I don’t understand why the guy uses the shed to tine travel tho

there’s a shed there now, but

LtDan
May 1, 2004

maybe it operates like the storage things from primer

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
It was a diner in the Stephen King book. I really liked it. Didn't focus too hard on how and just focused on the actual human interactions and cultural shift (ish).

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
so is skinwalker ranch finding cool stuff and all the people studying it are just kind of stupid / excessively profit-driven? my wife thinks it’s a false flag op but I’m on the fence because some of the stuff they do is cool, like flying a swarm of drones through the not wormhole to see their GPS get hosed up in the shape of the anomaly

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Scornful Sexbot posted:

so is skinwalker ranch finding cool stuff and all the people studying it are just kind of stupid / excessively profit-driven? my wife thinks it’s a false flag op but I’m on the fence because some of the stuff they do is cool, like flying a swarm of drones through the not wormhole to see their GPS get hosed up in the shape of the anomaly

i think it is utterly and completely fiction and mega cringe

that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to enjoy it if you like it but imo it is basically impossible to take seriously

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it’s a bunch of stupid people getting stupider because there’s psychoactive levels of arsenic in the well water.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

euphronius posted:

I don’t understand why the guy uses the shed to tine travel tho

One of the trickier parts of travel is making sure you don’t accidentally step into the same space as a wall, in front of a moving truck, inside of somebody else traveling to the same space/time, and/or any number of other bad situations to suddenly find yourself in. So a seemingly random shed can become an appealing destination once you apply a safety heuristic to your travel planning.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

coconono posted:

it’s a bunch of stupid people getting stupider because there’s psychoactive levels of arsenic in the well water.

But the Skinwalker Ranch isn't in Delaware?

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Houle posted:

It was a diner in the Stephen King book. I really liked it. Didn't focus too hard on how and just focused on the actual human interactions and cultural shift (ish).

No, not that one. Newer one. Fairy Tale.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It seems like if the skinwalker people were actually finding things it would break out of the confines of the TV show.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

hahaha I hate this fuckin poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

quote:

@Scaramucci would not have green lit this without thinking very hard about it. The reputational risk is material

Anthony Scaramucci, famously careful with his reputation

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Scornful Sexbot posted:

its real and there is a giant alien spaceship buried under the mesa

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Anthony Scaramucci, famously careful with his reputation

love our mooch

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

can't scrooch the mooch

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I work in tech... can I gently caress the aliens yet??? I assume I have to wait until after the conference. do you think it'll be like a take a number system or do you think it'll be based on how sexy the aliens find you? haha, wouldn't that be weird? I haven't spent any time thinking about it though. you guys thinking about this??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You have to sign up for the new app xenofilr

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I've only watched a few skinwalker episodes and seen clips here and there as well as people discussing it. I do think there is something unusual going on there, just too many stories and different people and organizations involved for it to be all made up, but the TV show is focused on making "good" reality TV and that doesn't often intersect with appropriate study of something like this.

If I had access i'd just go out into the middle of a field by myself every night and hang out until something happened. It wouldn't benefit a study of what is going on, but what I really want is more personal experiences. If I had a large budget I'd certainly approach it differently than the tv producers and cast.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Whatever was on Skinwalker Ranch was real but they drove it away a long time ago with all the fancy cameras and equipment and poo poo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

D-Pad posted:

I'm sure there are people who don't want to touch the poop (TikTok) so here is a side by side of the younger one that went into the shed and the older one that came out a day later:

Which honestly they definitely look like the same person and if it's a hoax they had to have used a father/son.

Here's the quora profile pic they found of the user who has questions on quora about time travel:

Also looks like it could be the same guy. The tiktok guy did more research on him and he was an editor for Nuclear Watch and had a big interest in sound and frequency and other stuff that adds to the whole what if of it all.

This is one of those I have a really hard time believing but I really want to. Just fun to wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duA5eWjHCjU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
imagine a super lovely time travel where you go into a seemingly abandoned shed for a day and then come out like 35 years older. what an absolute bummer that you basically got the worst of all possible monkey paw interpretations of "time travel" lmao

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Imagine you live for 35 years somewhere out there and come back 3.5 days later

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Winkle-Daddy posted:

imagine a super lovely time travel where you go into a seemingly abandoned shed for a day and then come out like 35 years older. what an absolute bummer that you basically got the worst of all possible monkey paw interpretations of "time travel" lmao
Made for an interesting novel, though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nobody would ever believe you, there's no proof, you have nothing to show for it, if you ever get caught you get black bagged. But nerds on the internet suspect and you don't even realize...

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Imagine you live for 35 years somewhere out there and come back 3.5 days later

Life do kinda feel like that though.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Nobody would ever believe you, there's no proof, you have nothing to show for it, if you ever get caught you get black bagged. But nerds on the internet suspect and you don't even realize...

Click the "?" on your posts for proof of your existence before this moment.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine a reflective orb landing on your property and not risking potential radiation poisoning to touch it a little bit

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i would simply taste the orb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

interpret dot? No, taste the orb

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

polish the orb. sniff the orb

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the tabloid scene from MiB hits a little harder for me now that I know their business model is catching and killing real stories lol

Google Butt posted:

imagine a reflective orb landing on your property and not risking potential radiation poisoning to touch it a little bit

if it's not glowing blue it's probably fine

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Listen, maybe I just want to be a prolific writer but don't want to type the drat keys with my hands like a loser

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/MvonRen/status/1786608439684370677?t=RPrjVEMs5f4iZKA9fzHIsw&s=19

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The fact that the orb looks like the Earthbound saucer has me more convinced it's real. Love that game.

Google Butt posted:

interpret dot? No, taste the orb

toggle posted:

polish the orb. sniff the orb
This. The orb came to you for a reason. It's your moral duty to investigate it, even if you're afraid.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

> GO WEST

> TOUCH ORB

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is there any more from the Shed Guy? that was interesting

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Makin the thread a promise that if any big mystery orb lands on my yard I'm taking a cordless drill to it on livestream

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't care

Everytime one of these fuckers goes anywhere the only question the should be getting is "where are the ships" and if they don't answer you should gruffly shove them and move on

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

is there any more from the Shed Guy? that was interesting

I got you fam:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLQcM4Ab/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Makin the thread a promise that if any big mystery orb lands on my yard I'm taking a cordless drill to it on livestream

o7