Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Like, if Trump wasnt't Trump, a plausible defense would be "I misread some forms, this entire thing is an honest mistake" and it would probably work

denying it happened is such a sham and yet it will succeed against all common sense because Trump still has his reality distortion field

Trump probably wants to be convicted since it means he can keep playing victim which helps his campaign. Because his supporters are all lunatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If all Americans committed to office work, the number of felonies would drop to zero. Remote workers have caused the rise in crime.

*farts*

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

here's the source (foreword by the guy who bragged about being in the epstein files 137 times)
https://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229

The author is John Eastman's lawyer.

His last book was co-written by Sidney Powell.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 14, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Powershift posted:

The author is John Eastman's lawyer.

His last book was co-written by with Sidney Powell.

it is inadvisable to take legal advice from this lawyer

Corvid Cacophony
Feb 16, 2019

Just a regular girl, living in a coding world
Oh No Please Stop!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

There's absolutely a kernel of truth when someone says there's too much criminalization because things like taking a bald eagle feather is at best a misdemeanor and could be a felony under the right circumstances. The answer is to stop making these things crimes and making them civil penalties, not to punt it "back to the states" to make them state felonies and not federal felonies? It's so loving stupid.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

The rancor has split the party on important House votes and spilled over into some of this year’s primary elections

perhaps they need a rancor keeper

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Its a felony to take an eagle feather, yet theres no law that says you cant gently caress an eagle. Case closed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kw0134 posted:

There's absolutely a kernel of truth when someone says there's too much criminalization because things like taking a bald eagle feather is at best a misdemeanor and could be a felony under the right circumstances. The answer is to stop making these things crimes and making them civil penalties, not to punt it "back to the states" to make them state felonies and not federal felonies? It's so loving stupid.

I remember this came up o Pawn Stars of all things when the pawn guy said it didn't matter if you thought the eagle feather was a turkey feather, still a crime

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If all Americans committed to office work, the number of felonies would drop to zero. Remote workers have caused the rise in crime.

*farts*

*Owns a bunch of commercial real estate*

*Nods in sagely agreement*

*Tries to fart but sharts*

*Blames immigrants*

Trash Future suggested turning office towers into mausoleums and frankly that's a really good idea. They can't be turned into comfortable residential spaces so why not make them towers of the dead?

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 14, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bald eagles were endangered for a long time, I think partly because people liked to hunt them for their feathers. So that law kinda makes sense, although I don't know how widely it gets enforced anymore.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

yeah I used to work at a bird of prey rescue and a big reason why they enacted those laws about (current and formerly) endangered bird feathers is because about 95% of the time, in order to obtain one, you had to do something really loving illegal - as in, actively loving with endangered species

one of our peregrines was human imprinted at the time of hatching back in the DDT era, he was totally hosed up (and also one of the top sperm donors for the program that got them off the endangered list eventually, cuz he was easy to deal with in that regard)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

kw0134 posted:

Yeah, but actually that is the problem, civil penalties are incredibly punitive to people that don't have much money and trivial to even the upper-middle class.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

He's absolutely right, but that's because there's a few outliers doing millions of felonies a day and that raises the average up.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Fabulousity posted:

why not make them towers of the dead?

we don't go to the cursed places from the before times

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Bald eagles were endangered for a long time, I think partly because people liked to hunt them for their feathers. So that law kinda makes sense, although I don't know how widely it gets enforced anymore.

It was Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) abuse that caused their laid eggs to have unusually brittle shells leading to Bald Eagles becoming endangered. Keep in mind Bald Eagles are trash eating scavenger assholes so they are the perfect symbol of the USA. Banning DDT and restoring the species is one of the few, "Hey, humans did a good!" stories of the last few decades.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I knew Zach de la Rocha in elementary school, we found an eagle feather at recess and I shoved it in my peehole and got arrested. He wrote the song "Freedom" about it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've never committed a felony. The American Dream really is dead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fabulousity posted:

It was Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) abuse that caused their laid eggs to have unusually brittle shells leading to Bald Eagles becoming endangered. Keep in mind Bald Eagles are trash eating scavenger assholes so they are the perfect symbol of the USA. Banning DDT and restoring the species is one of the few, "Hey, humans did a good!" stories of the last few decades.

Saving peregrines from extinction was way cooler than saving bald eagles from extinction, which was also cool

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, but actually that is the problem, civil penalties are incredibly punitive to people that don't have much money and trivial to even the upper-middle class.

That could be solved by Finnish style day fines.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Note that the particular law I'm citing is the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, so if you gently caress around with a Canada Goose, which is by no means endangered at all, that's a felony.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kw0134 posted:

Note that the particular law I'm citing is the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, so if you gently caress around with a Canada Goose, which is by no means endangered at all, that's a felony.

I prefer Montcler

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

kw0134 posted:

Note: gently caress around with the goose and you, yourself, may be endangered.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kw0134 posted:

the lesson is to not gently caress around with birds

Dash the Peregrine attacked me once while I was cleaning his mew because he did NOT like that my female boss told me my animal care duties for the day in front of him, and getting chased into the airlock by that tiny ball of razors haunts me to this day

I had to hit him with a broom lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

On that note, don't mess with Crows either. They remember everything and will ruin your life forever.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

kw0134 posted:

Canada gooses are big stupid noisy cowards and we let them get away with too much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I didn't realize Hollywood money was a thing until the other day I was watching Revolver and there's a scene where Andre 3000 is holding up a bill that has 10 in the corners but TWELVE in print across the back.

Eh, that's a little different because they were deliberately going for a slightly off world in that movie. Like all bills were in denominations of three.

Banksy once talked (IIRC in Exit Through the Gift Shop) about the time his team wanted to do a gimmick at a festival where they would distribute fake money but realized that it was too easy to mistake for real and scrapped it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrQwerty posted:

yeah I used to work at a bird of prey rescue and a big reason why they enacted those laws about (current and formerly) endangered bird feathers is because about 95% of the time, in order to obtain one, you had to do something really loving illegal - as in, actively loving with endangered species

one of our peregrines was human imprinted at the time of hatching back in the DDT era, he was totally hosed up (and also one of the top sperm donors for the program that got them off the endangered list eventually, cuz he was easy to deal with in that regard)

Who wants to jack off the falcon today guys???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

oh you had to have a degree and certs for that

edit: and also be a woman because in his humble opinion he was a 6' tall shredded straight cisgendered adult human who was god's gift to women

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 14, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Denim Dude posted:

also in my best norm macdonald voice; congratulations that's only the 500th time that joke has been told.

Keep posting through it, you're almost there!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 14, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

priznat posted:

Buddy,

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Goddamn egghead elite with their nimble bird jacking fingers

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you don't jack the falcons off you wear the falcon sex hat.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Harvey Birdman is going to have a field day when he takes you to court for sexual harassment of a falcon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

sadly, it was a lot less funny irl

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

priznat posted:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Saving peregrines from extinction was way cooler than saving bald eagles from extinction, which was also cool

You're right, peregrine falcons are awesome. Bald Eagles eat poo poo on the side of the road, but peregrines? They smack the gently caress out of pigeons at 180+ MPH and come back around to catch them. Their eyes and nostrils are designed to deal with those speeds.

Maybe ospreys are more awesome. Maybe.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

I wasn't gonna plug this but since we're all bird-jerkin, the oldest bird conservation org is treating it's employees like guano.

https://cwa-union.org/AudubonPayInequity

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Evergreen:

Asterite34 posted:

Every picture of a Mar a Lago party is like if John Waters directed Eyes Wide Shut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fabulousity posted:

You're right, peregrine falcons are awesome. Bald Eagles eat poo poo on the side of the road, but peregrines? They smack the gently caress out of pigeons at 180+ MPH and come back around to catch them. Their eyes and nostrils are designed to deal with those speeds.

Maybe ospreys are more awesome. Maybe.

peregrines have built-in aviator sunglasses that go over their other hard eyelid it's cool as poo poo

I was hiking one time in the sandias and got caught in a stoop and it was crazy as poo poo, that bird and its shadow just passed so fast down a cliff out of sight and then I just got blasted with air and the sound

edit: dash also poo poo on my chest while I was giving a presentation to grade-schoolers about conservation, and peregrines have articulated cloacas because they live on cliff faces. it is called a slice.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 14, 2024