Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

img036
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

pootiebigwang posted:

I'm actually interested if anyone else has had a run in with anyone over the images they have made. While not gas stations, I have had a couple of awkward conversations with the locals here, especially since I tend to take photos of the neighborhoods and communities around my area. Had a particularly heated conversation with a man over this image:

Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

He came out and threatened immediately to call the police and was hollering to hell and back about how I didn't have the right to take a photo of his property. Had to tell him that I have been documenting the area for a while and showed some other images of the neighborhood so he could get an idea of the project I was working on and so he could see that I didn't mean anything out of disrespect or malice. Situations like that occur often here, at least for me, it doesn't help that I live in the south where the whole "This is my property, what are you doing on it?" :bahgawd: mindset is very real.

Yup, I took some pictures of a factory (while standing on the street), owner was like oh ok that's cool, and then like the shop foreman came out and started going on about how people shouldn't be taking pictures, how there's nothing of interest, how would you like it if i came to your house, etc.

Whatever, the pictures didn't turn out well, and also a few weeks later the factory burned to the ground

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 22, 2015

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

by Jimbo, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

^coool^

coool

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

e: I'm interested with feedback on this one, post wise. Too much saturation, no details in the water, uninteresring tones/colors ? This is from this mystery 2€ paradies german grocery store roll.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 22, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

unpacked robinhood posted:

e: I'm interested with feedback on this one, post wise. Too much saturation, no details in the water, uninteresring tones/colors ? This is from this mystery 2€ paradies german grocery store roll.

it looks like it was drawn in ms paint

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

edit - i'm dumb

Too much black border, you can get the same effect by cropping most of it out. I don't get the processing either, you blew away every bit of detail the water or island may have had.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

New Monkey Island lookin good

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
more like this ?

I suspect the photo is a bit shiite from the start, I'll shoot that again with actual film and get a scanner one day.

e:yeah its blurry as poo poo, I don't know what happened.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It looks like really lovely digital noise/oversharpening. How did you scan it?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ansel autisms posted:

It looks like really lovely digital noise/oversharpening. How did you scan it?

I tried a new lab for prints and scanned one with a regular flatbed. I only ordered two but the other one doesn't look quite as bad.

Probably a combination bad shooter/bad film/bad luck.

I'll hopefully get a V550 this year and start having more control over this part of the process.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Do the prints look that bad? Seems like they scanned the negs badly and made prints from bad scans. Tons of digital artifacts.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ansel autisms posted:

Do the prints look that bad? Seems like they scanned the negs badly and made prints from bad scans. Tons of digital artifacts.

Yes they are really alike, I haven't changed anything on the double exposure one I linked earlier. My scanner just picks up what I can see with a loupe (e: looking at the print I mean)

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 22, 2015

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I guarantee you the negatives look better.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

more like this ?

I suspect the photo is a bit shiite from the start, I'll shoot that again with actual film and get a scanner one day.

e:yeah its blurry as poo poo, I don't know what happened.

I'm kinda into the look of this.

ape
Jul 20, 2009
I like the pic but yeah the scan is bad. They cranked up the noise reduction to 11.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

It looks like you used the Mavica to 'scan' the film.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

alkanphel posted:

I actually thought it was a Mavica shot at first...

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

alkanphel posted:

Haha, Mavica crossed my mind as well.

img006

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Anime Sandwich posted:

New Monkey Island lookin good

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

From a commercial job last week

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

I did a thing...

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

img024

img025

img020

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Wild Bill's by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Pointblank
Jan 1, 2004

It is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Clementi by alkanphel, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Hilliard Towers by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

That is sick. Looks like an anime scene or something cartoony at least.

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Pretty apprehensive about posting in here due to the consistent quality in this thread, just starting out.

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
lot by Phillip Chicola, on Flickr

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

pootiebigwang