Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

For an explosives run, is any mod necessary or the vanilla game handles damage/splash damage/etc. in an okay (i.e. not underpowered) way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

So my guns keep falling off the walls in Lombard Station. Is there any way to fix it?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

DemonNick posted:

So my guns keep falling off the walls in Lombard Station. Is there any way to fix it?

Huh. Not sure why that would be happening. Checking now. All of the guns or just specific ones?

Edit: Also if you have an auto-save before you knocked the weapons off I'd load that up just in case and make a save.

Edit 2: I've looked at the weapons and tested it in my game and I can't get anything to budge. I'm not even sure how you'd get them to move, none of the weapons have any physics data and the GECK lists them as static objects. If you have a loadlist I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 11, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2021

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnicarus posted:

Awesome Lombard!

Thank you Omnicarus, you are awesome!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've also been using Signature Armor and Weapon, really like the mod. I've got to ask, though, is there a console command to -remove- some of the perks I've chosen? At level 45+ I feel unstoppable and I think I pushed the stuff a bit too far, but I'd rather not re-level the equipment from scratch.

Also, I wasn't quite clear on how the durability perk worked. At level 3 it says you can repair the armor with scrap, but does that mean it also replaces the increased durability of the armor?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

harrygomm posted:

FOMM is broken and is causing crashes, the LAA patch is causing hardlocks and NVSE is freezing up the game as I try to exit. Is there a way to manually update these to work with the new DLCs and such, or is it time to play the waiting game?

What waiting game? FOMM, NVSE, and the LAA Patch listed in the OP all work with the latest version of NV. Something must be broken on your end. The only way to update all of those programs is manually. None of them automatically update themselves. If you're absolutely positive that the problems are originating in any of these utilities, download them again and re-install.

EDIT: I should also mention that they all work with the DLCs, as well. Including GRA and CS.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 11, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I've got space on my ammo shelves in Lombard Station and I must know what I'm missing :spergin: Omnicarus, what goes:

1) Below the regular 5mm cartridges
2) Above the missiles
3) To the right of powder charges
4) Between the tiny tots/timed mini nukes/low yield nukes and the C4
5) Below the flamer fuel, to the left of the ordnance box
6) On the shelf to the right of the desk

I must fill all shelves :f5:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

I've got space on my ammo shelves in Lombard Station and I must know what I'm missing :spergin: Omnicarus, what goes:

1) Below the regular 5mm cartridges
2) Above the missiles
3) To the right of powder charges
4) Between the tiny tots/timed mini nukes/low yield nukes and the C4
5) Below the flamer fuel, to the left of the ordnance box
6) On the shelf to the right of the desk

I must fill all shelves :f5:

1) 5mm JSP
2) Rockets from LR
3) High Yield Time Bombs from GRA
4) Mad Bomber grenades and mines from GRA
5) Gas tanks from DM
6) Throwing Knives, Proton throwing axes from OWB, Tomahawks from HH.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Fina posted:

Also, I wasn't quite clear on how the durability perk worked. At level 3 it says you can repair the armor with scrap, but does that mean it also replaces the increased durability of the armor?
No, it's in addition to.

And I'm afraid there's no 'unleveling' ability.

Or, well. I suppose you could remove some of the perks it gives you with the console...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Omnicarus posted:

1) 5mm JSP
2) Rockets from LR
3) High Yield Time Bombs from GRA
4) Mad Bomber grenades and mines from GRA
5) Gas tanks from DM
6) Throwing Knives, Proton throwing axes from OWB, Tomahawks from HH.

Awesome :toot: Does anything go left of the C4 and right of the stun grenades?

E:

Does the Dead Money gold get a special place?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 11, 2011

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

Huh. Not sure why that would be happening. Checking now. All of the guns or just specific ones?

Edit: Also if you have an auto-save before you knocked the weapons off I'd load that up just in case and make a save.

Edit 2: I've looked at the weapons and tested it in my game and I can't get anything to budge. I'm not even sure how you'd get them to move, none of the weapons have any physics data and the GECK lists them as static objects. If you have a loadlist I'd be happy to take a look at it.

I reloaded the auto-save and that worked. My load order's a mess to be honest so it's probably something in there. I've never really had a knack for organizing them, but I'll post my load order when I get home. I just figured it might be on your end since UHNV has that problem whenever the walls are updated and apparently it was a problem with how his walls are set up. Yours seem pretty similar, so I figured it might be the same problem. As for what weapons, it's pretty much anything long from the melee and energy walls (super sledge, Gauss rifle, that kinda thing).

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

No, it's in addition to.

And I'm afraid there's no 'unleveling' ability.

Or, well. I suppose you could remove some of the perks it gives you with the console...

Or disown it, then reown it to put it back at half power or so...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Kharmakazy posted:

Or disown it, then reown it to put it back at half power or so...
Or that, yes.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Awesome :toot: Does anything go left of the C4 and right of the stun grenades?

Left of C-4 is Satchel Charges, Right of stun grenades are flashbangs from LR.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
First bit of "modding". :toot:

I branded the letters. Unless I'm mistaken, the base texture is from Arenovalis re-texturing pack.

So when can I expect the delivery of my modder's certificate of cool?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Rinkles posted:

First bit of "modding". :toot:

I branded the letters. Unless I'm mistaken, the base texture is from Arenovalis re-texturing pack.

So when can I expect the delivery of my modder's certificate of cool?

Brand the knight from this onto the grips of a .357, maybe.

Might be better on ivory grips...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Strudel Man I continue to love your mods to death as it has defeated my innate desire to start characters over and over for some reason. The only sad part was running out of things to throw onto my stuff at level up :negative: None the less excellent job and I can't thank you enough.

Only other mods I'm running are NV bounties 1/2. Only thing about them that piss me off is that I am never ever able to sneak up on the drat bounties with my 100 sneak and stealth field... because the events are all scripted. I read note, 40 goons instant spawn who can see men anyhow and I blow off all their legs with my nail gun. Once or twice makes sense, they planned for my arrival... But every freaking time.

But the stories are kind of interesting still looking for that legion gold... I haven't don a single story quest since installing bounties... I should probably get back on that. Also, dent looks and awful lot like the Stranger...

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Kharmakazy posted:

Also, dent looks and awful lot like the Stranger...

He's actually a reference to another game. Have you tried pickpocketing him?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Captain Walker posted:

He's actually a reference to another game. Have you tried pickpocketing him?

I have not, but I assume hes supposed to be from Deus ex.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Kharmakazy posted:

I have not, but I assume hes supposed to be from Deus ex.

Yup, and he's carrying a copy of "Jacob's Shadow"

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Captain Walker posted:

Yup, and he's carrying a copy of "Jacob's Shadow"

Never played it. SO im just going to keep on thinking he's the mysterious stranger.
He was all like... Use a stealth boy to go into the shadow compound... I was all like sure buddy. :Reloads nail gun: Runs head long thought the entire place blowing everyone's legs off. Poor loot. Lots of things to kill. I love that when you taunt them more enemeies seem to show up out of nowhere.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Kharmakazy posted:

Never played it.

In before 400 people tell you how wrong you are to have not played the greatest game of the 2000's. I consider this game, not Human Revolution, the most fitting successor in terms of how many outcomes there are to most situations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Captain Walker posted:

In before 400 people tell you how wrong you are to have not played the greatest game of the 2000's. I consider this game, not Human Revolution, the most fitting successor in terms of how many outcomes there are to most situations.

I've been trying to win it on steam gifts, but no dice so far.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

I'd like to thank this thread (and that 6-7? part modding guide on New Vegas Nexus) for making my second playthrough of New Vegas loving incredible.

I'm using Ojo Bueno UHQ textures and my GTX580 is happy to finally get a work out :toot:

Strong Female fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 11, 2011

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Where's the night sky from? It looks freaking sweet.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Anyone know if there's a way to activate all the radio stations while in the DLC? Running through the boring bits again is kind of a chore without the radio.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Seashell Salesman posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to activate all the radio stations while in the DLC? Running through the boring bits again is kind of a chore without the radio.

Apparently in order to do it, you have to edit the scripts that start the DLC to not deactivate the stations and possibly edit the stations to broadcast to everywhere. It seems like it'd be a bit troublesome, but I am still a babby modder so I don't really know for sure.

Speaking of DLC and radios, would anyone be interested in a Mysterious Broadcast: Extended? It'd be a viable radio station for listening to while in other DLCs without having to force RNV or MMR to work. I'm thinking I might do that one as a follow-up to Mojave Music Radio: Extended if there's any interest.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Apparently in order to do it, you have to edit the scripts that start the DLC to not deactivate the stations and possibly edit the stations to broadcast to everywhere. It seems like it'd be a bit troublesome, but I am still a babby modder so I don't really know for sure.

Speaking of DLC and radios, would anyone be interested in a Mysterious Broadcast: Extended? It'd be a viable radio station for listening to while in other DLCs without having to force RNV or MMR to work. I'm thinking I might do that one as a follow-up to Mojave Music Radio: Extended if there's any interest.

As long as you keep the couple jazz songs it already plays I'd download that for sure.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
So Project Reality's Echoes of the Past, yeah? Has anyone else heard disembodied screaming while using it? Because hearing distant, disembodied screams while walking between Lombard and a de-populated Goodsprings, in the middle of the night, is creepy as poo poo. :stare:

EDIT: Here, have a video of this behavior in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1Ch1tUHTU

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 11, 2011

BigLove
Nov 19, 2009

SourceElement posted:

So Project Reality's Echoes of the Past, yeah? Has anyone else heard disembodied screaming while using it? Because hearing distant, disembodied screams while walking between Lombard and a de-populated Goodsprings, in the middle of the night, is creepy as poo poo. :stare:

EDIT: Here, have a video of this behavior in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1Ch1tUHTU

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Echoes of the Past is supposed to do.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

SourceElement posted:

Yeah this was clearly a good idea for a "project reality" mod that most people download for weather effects and sky textures. Can't wait for next version. People want sky texture mod and suddenly the courier has been fully voiced by uncle Rupert. :allears:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2021

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*

harrygomm posted:

Oh and NVSE is causing hardlocks whenever something dependent on it is called.

NVSE causes crashes to desktop after transition every eight or so cell transitions or fast travels for me, which is a shame as so many great mods are dependent on it. I've tested this extensively, comparing a vanilla install with all DLC, which is rock-solid stable, to one with just NVSE layered on top, no other mods or .ini tweaking and all remnants of prior installation purged, which results in regular, frequent crashing.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gutrot posted:

NVSE causes crashes to desktop after transition every eight or so cell transitions or fast travels for me, which is a shame as so many great mods are dependent on it. I've tested this extensively, comparing a vanilla install with all DLC, which is rock-solid stable, to one with just NVSE layered on top, no other mods or .ini tweaking and all remnants of prior installation purged, which results in regular, frequent crashing.

Finally my reticence to use NVSE finally pays off! :tinfoil:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I would love for a extended version of the station. Just keep it's theme of old blues and jazz and maybe rename the station (I love that it always available, but hate how it always called the Mysterious Station). Maybe just call the station "Old World Blues" or something similar.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Ugh, but then it would take even longer for Begin Again to finally play.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Yes, please do this. I'd never turn it off. Even though there's only what, two or three songs on the station I left it on throughout the entirety of OWB.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Strudel Man posted:

Glad to hear it. :)

I've got half a mind to go back in and rework Bottomless so you can take it with thrown weapons, though, since they definitely need it...

Bottomless Red Glare :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Does anyone have the update to FOMM that stops it from crashing when you update its BOSS list? The mediafire link (from the quote below) has expired.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?5yycy0v84dz65n4

Extract to your FOMM folder and overwrite. Now you will be able to update it.