Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You loving garbagemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Lover Boy is on!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I for one wholly support Rob Howley as Wales coach-for-life

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rugby's only hope is..................Scotland!?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Lmao Shaun Edwards giving ireland the finger

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I was looking forward to going into work with a wales loss tomorrow, but I guess it is good for the engerland

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Shaun Edwards for Lions mascot.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Wales bad, Ireland worse. Wayne Barnes still a gaping rear end in a top hat.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't think he's been that bad to be honest

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yeah Barnes hasn't really Barnesed anything international since about 2015. Good fun game, with both teams loving up chances. Feels fair as a score, and North now probably has to be in Lions contention again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

His chummying up with everyone is still awful though. He's the ref, they are not your mate

'barnsey'

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I think technically that Ireland try should have been disallowed. No real quibbles with that. I thought Wales got away with murder at the ruck though,off their feet and cleaning guys out that hadn't even joined it a couple of times. Barnes never said a word about it. We hosed up enough that it made no difference anyway. But that was not a good Welsh performance, they weren't great at all.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Vagabundo posted:

How the gently caress did the All Blacks manage to lose to this Ireland team last year?

Because you didn't manage to get their halfbacks off the pitch at any point.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Thought the score flattered Wales a bit, but they did enough and took the chances (finally).
Henshaw joined the maul in front of the ball carrier, seemed pretty clear cut to me.
Thought Barnes was pretty decent, although the yellow for Sexton seemed harsh. He didn't have much of a chance to move.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Henshaw did gently caress up by not binding onto Rory but the game was more than that, not the sort of performance you'd expect from a team chasing a championship and Wales deserved to win.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I think this game highlighted just how important Murray and Sexton are to the Irish game plan, they really seem to lose their edge without them, especially Murray.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

I think this game highlighted just how important Murray and Sexton are to the Irish game plan, they really seem to lose their edge without them, especially Murray.

Yeah, Murray in particular has been having a great run of form. Anyway, Scotland tomorrow are going to save the day, Hogg's been lightening lately so I reckon a Hogg try to win it. I'm going to be a few beers deep probably surrounded by English people, that would make up for a lot.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I thought Paul O'connell's comment that Wales were a good team playing badly was astute.
Ireland were a good team playing badly tonight.
Sexton was immense though, nailed on for the Lions now I think.

Gatland is going to have nightmares about picking the back row.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Yeah, Murray in particular has been having a great run of form. Anyway, Scotland tomorrow are going to save the day, Hogg's been lightening lately so I reckon a Hogg try to win it. I'm going to be a few beers deep probably surrounded by English people, that would make up for a lot.

If you're pinning your hopes on Scotland to not Scotland harder than they've ever Scotlanded before... I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

If you're pinning your hopes on Scotland to not Scotland harder than they've ever Scotlanded before... I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

I'm sure they'll Scotland the poo poo out of it, but that's all tomorrow. Tonight they're a team on form against an English team with everything to lose. I think it will be a better rugby match than today anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo did both sides try to lose that game. So many insane interception passes, so many dumb plays at the breakdown, so many missed kicks in a stadium with the roof closed.

It was fun, it was violently brutal for a period in the first half, it was nice to see North do something useful without getting his brains scrambled further, it was fun trying to work out exactly what Sexton felt had been done to his face, but that was not a game of two sides playing at their best.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

it's a pretty great game for North to never be able to describe to his grandkids/a doctor.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
CJ Stander was also tireless. Anyone catch the Chiefs vs Highlanders? That was more rain than some countries get in a year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DickEmery posted:

I thought Paul O'connell's comment that Wales were a good team playing badly was astute.
Ireland were a good team playing badly tonight.
Sexton was immense though, nailed on for the Lions now I think.

Gatland is going to have nightmares about picking the back row.

The only thing that'll stop Sexton from being the starting 10 is possible injury.

The provincial games on Lions tours are notoriously tough affairs and the domestic sides they play have historically gone into the games with the intention of knocking the poo poo out of the Lions players. Expect to see Sexton get battered in some of the games they play against Super Rugby sides.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

3 crusaders taken from the field with injuries within the first 20 minutes...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TRISHY posted:

3 crusaders taken from the field with injuries within the first 20 minutes...

All 3 of the NZ teams playing have looked awful tonight. These injuries aren't going to help any.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I'm really enjoying the talk of killing the Brumbies.
I kinda hope the ARU does it so Rugby in Australia can finally submarine its way below Argentina.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Schlesische posted:

I'm really enjoying the talk of killing the Brumbies.
I kinda hope the ARU does it so Rugby in Australia can finally submarine its way below Argentina.

What? You can't get rid of the Brumbies before we kill the Kings.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Australian rugby is in crisis. South African rugby in crisis. French rugby in crisis. Wales and Scotland not in crisis but not brilliantly managed. I feel a bit concerned for world rugby at this point.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

But yeah, apparently the ARU has agreed to cut from 5 teams to 4 teams in closed door meetings. Waiting to see how the TV Rights holders react to the deal.

It puts the Force, Rebels and Brumbies in real danger.
There are rumblings of a Brumbies-Rebels merger. If it's a (and I think it is a) merge the Brumbies into the Rebels then the ARU has shot its most successful market in the balls. And knowing how ridiculously fickle the ACT market is, they'll never get a genuine foothold there ever again.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Spamtheman posted:

CJ Stander was also tireless. Anyone catch the Chiefs vs Highlanders? That was more rain than some countries get in a year.

Yeah, I saw the Chiefs-Hurricanes game. I thought it was pretty loose, no-one could really get much going, but it was still a good game in the end

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Commentators for Italy - France:

Miles Harrison, Ben Kay, Shane Williams.

:suicide:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Obligatory "gently caress you, ITV".

Also obligatory "loving hell, Parisse".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely shockingly poo poo tackling from Italy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Italy's line defence is just piss.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Greg should get someone to tailor him a suit if he's going to go that strong a look for a TV spot.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Bit of a shock to the system for the Hurricanes playing against some decent opposition. I wonder how different a story it would have been if the weather was better.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sung by a children's choir. To ensure it sounds as dumb as possible.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jesus christ Scotland why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Scotland scotlanding very early today :(