Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Almost everything in mario has a face which is disturbing when you think about it.
The hills have eyes

What you don't know is that Giant Mario eats the hills and then clouds too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Almost everything in mario has a face which is disturbing when you think about it.
The hills have eyes

There's a difference between having a face and being alive. Maybe a smiley face is just a commonly naturally occurring formation in that world

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Guys, I really don't think I've been so excited to play a console like this since the Gamecube/PS3. Both the Wii and Wii U destroyed my hype, but I still got them because of Zelda (Wii U kinda screwed me over in that sense) but I'm actually genuinely excited for this one. Don't let me down Nintendo pls

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

InFlames235 posted:

Guys, I really don't think I've been so excited to play a console like this since the Gamecube/PS3. Both the Wii and Wii U destroyed my hype, but I still got them because of Zelda (Wii U kinda screwed me over in that sense) but I'm actually genuinely excited for this one. Don't let me down Nintendo pls

All of Nintendo's energies focused on one system+third party cross platform titles+all non-phone mobile Japanese games= the Switch is gonna own

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Did they ever tell us how a shy guy feels when a Yoshi eats him?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's exactly what classifies it as a podoboo according to masterson's hierarchy

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Nintendo survival horror starring goomba.
Nintendo, hire me please.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Moose-Alini posted:

I think that's from a comic from like 1990.

I'm just learning that Princess Peach and Toadstool are the same person though.

Nah, it's in the manual for Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Bowser used his evil magic to turn the citizens of the mushroom kingdom into bricks and stuff. The ones that give you coins and power-ups are ensorcelled mushroom people who are trying to aid your quest.

e:
I'm pretty sure that was retconned/ignored out of existence by SMB3, though.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wicka posted:

lmao at anyone who still can't comprehend that the ad didn't feature real switch game footage

They asked the person that acted in the interview. The actual screen on the switch was turned on and the actor played it, and that's what they captured on film. Some footage on the TVs were overlaid in post production.

Funny side note: When they run over to the arena, instead of holding an actual Switch, it's just a block of wood painted black.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

He did say the units were real. He didn't say they actually played it, or that the units were even turned on.

They had a room for the actors to learn to play Splatoon on Wii U, so they could pretend to be playing it on the Switch controllers. They didn't have actual copies of Splatoon Switch running on set.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

They asked the person that acted in the interview. The actual screen on the switch was turned on and the actor played it, and that's what they captured on film. Some footage on the TVs were overlaid in post production.

Funny side note: When they run over to the arena, instead of holding an actual Switch, it's just a block of wood painted black.

For as much as we like to go on about rooftop brunch parties, I really want to live in the alternate reality where Splatoon has an immensely popular pro league like that, though why the hell these pro teams aren't given a green room in a gigantic arena is beyond me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what's weird to me is how the actor keeps bringing up that they got to meet mario. especially after they clear up that he doesn't mean martinet. he just emphasizes the mario meet and greet

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

what's weird to me is how the actor keeps bringing up that they got to meet mario. especially after they clear up that he doesn't mean martinet. he just emphasizes the mario meet and greet

Dude, don't diss the actor, it's the closest we peons on the internet will ever have to an uncle who works at Nintendo.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Boten Anna posted:

For as much as we like to go on about rooftop brunch parties, I really want to live in the alternate reality where Splatoon has an immensely popular pro league like that, though why the hell these pro teams aren't given a green room in a gigantic arena is beyond me.

Purple.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats a ban sorry limacrap

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

nope

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

InFlames235 posted:

"Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats a ban sorry limacrap

Only ethanol can call me that :mad:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I am glad the generally accepted personification of the Switch is a doggo instead of like, a sexy anime lady.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

People seem upset about this post-production screen overlay on the reveal trailer? Have they never looked at a screen on a low angle before? Geez louise, some people, I'm telling you...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I am glad the generally accepted personification of the Switch is a doggo instead of like, a sexy anime lady.

Just wait for the nep nep games to get to the Switch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reiley posted:

People seem upset about this post-production screen overlay on the reveal trailer? Have they never looked at a screen on a low angle before? Geez louise, some people, I'm telling you...

they're just people who are looking for reasons to complain and the chunky nature of that footage gave them one. the fact that the footage is totally irrelevant to anything is a sore subject, i guess. i am fully aware that people are tired of this topic, but people keep bringing it up again and it is simply the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my entire life.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Viewtiful Jew posted:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Viewtiful Jew posted:

A fat anime lady with lopsided tits and warts

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Can we just stick with the cute dog?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

wicka posted:

they're just people who are looking for reasons to complain and the chunky nature of that footage gave them one. the fact that the footage is totally irrelevant to anything is a sore subject, i guess. i am fully aware that people are tired of this topic, but people keep bringing it up again and it is simply the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my entire life.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Whenever a new Zelda title (not a Zelda tech demo) is shown one of the first negative things some people always point out are how much they hate the actual grass textures, how ugly the ground looks and everything is ruined because they don't bullshot the footage and lather it all up.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

:classiclol:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Whenever a new Zelda title (not a Zelda tech demo) is shown one of the first negative things some people always point out are how much they hate the actual grass textures, how ugly the ground looks and everything is ruined because they don't bullshot the footage and lather it all up.

loving sick of all this half-assed grass in my video games.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

I never played Mario 64

:stare:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

wicka posted:

why do you think you know more about how well the switch runs than the actor in the commercial?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

It's not that great of a game imho.

I never had a 64, I played it a little at friends houses and just thought it was ugly as gently caress. I got the DS around launch I bought the remake though. It was aight. I never even finished it. I don't think I liked a 3D Mario until I got SM3DW. After that I got the 3DS one and also liked that.

Vaguely related; I beat every level on SMW this weekend. That was rad. I haven't done that since I was a kid. I completely forgot after you finish star road all the turtles turn into Mario faces. Also, gently caress Tubular. That level always hosed me as a kid too. It's literally the only level in the whole game that gave me trouble.

:words:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ddogflex posted:

I never had a 64, I played it a little at friends houses and just thought it was ugly as gently caress. I got the DS around launch I bought the remake though. It was aight. I never even finished it. I don't think I liked a 3D Mario until I got SM3DW. After that I got the 3DS one and also liked that.

Vaguely related; I beat every level on SMW this weekend. That was rad. I haven't done that since I was a kid. I completely forgot after you finish star road all the turtles turn into Mario faces. Also, gently caress Tubular. That level always hosed me as a kid too. It's literally the only level in the whole game that gave me trouble.

:words:

You sure are a rebellious dude with cool opinions :D

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

ddogflex posted:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do you think if we're good, Nintendo will release a mini 64 with Mario 64 and Perfect Dark and Mischief Makers?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do you think if we're good, Nintendo will release a mini 64 with Mario 64 and Perfect Dark and Mischief Makers?

I'm more hype about mini SNES tbqh

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ddogflex posted:

Just sent out a memo, you will be banned from purchasing the Nintendo Switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm more hype about mini SNES tbqh

Can you imagine how rad that would be? Gimmie that classicest of classic eras.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reiley posted:

Just sent out a memo, you will be banned from purchasing the Nintendo Switch.

that's not the nintendo way .......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

why do you think you know more about how well the switch runs than the actor in the commercial?

i didn't say anything about how well the switch runs and neither did he. i said you are not looking at real gameplay footage, and you aren't.

• Locked thread