Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't be impressed with a 100$ VN any more. There should be another zero at the end of that price. At least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Duke Nukem really let himself go

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Has anything good ever used any of the subtitles "Origins", "Origin", or "Absolution"?

vvvv okay, so I'm hearing just Condemned, then

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 25, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Discendo Vox posted:

Has anything good ever used any of the subtitles "Origins", "Origin", or "Absolution"?

I hate to give it to an AssCreed game, but...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Discendo Vox posted:

Stranger of Paradise, Condemned, Ys Origin

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Discendo Vox posted:

Does Doom 64 count?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Silent Hill Origin is fine

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Discendo Vox posted:

Dragon Age.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Thank you for reminding me to replay Hitman Absolution.

Here's a game called You're Fired! Revenge! that's basically about getting fired and showing back up to your office to murder your coworkers.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Discendo Vox posted:

The playstation port of final fantasy was fine.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, there was the company Origin that was pretty cool and made Ultima and Wing Commander and helped kick off the careers of the people who made Thief/Deus Ex, until they got killed by EA and got their name exhumed for some Steam knockoff or whatever

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Item Getter posted:

Well, there was the company Origin that was pretty cool and made Ultima and Wing Commander and helped kick off the careers of the people who made Thief/Deus Ex, until they got killed by EA and got their name exhumed for some Steam knockoff or whatever

EA didn't build origin, they bought it

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Rayman Origins is fun.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

leper khan posted:

EA didn't build origin, they bought it

Yeah, I meant bought and then killed.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://www.pcgamer.com/i-played-that-dollar2000-steam-game-and-its-ridiculous-price-is-probably-for-the-best/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Making your $2000 game easily beaten in less than 2 hours feels like a huge design flaw considering how Steam refunds work

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RatHat posted:

Making your $2000 game easily beaten in less than 2 hours feels like a huge design flaw considering how Steam refunds work

Fwiw the article says it was deliberate so :shrug:

Other games have done the same gimmick

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the most basic bitch in the world's declaration of how brilliant and special he is.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
seems pretty clear that they hope to ensnare someone that forgets to refund or goes over the time limit, if they actually wanted people to play their game for free they could just release it for free and have a separate supporter DLC pack

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Do refunds on Steam only go into your wallet balance and not back to you as real currency? I wouldn't want to dump thousands of dollars into my account all at once just because I bought the lovely expensive game with the intention of refunding it after I beat it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Real money, except in the event that the payment method you used is no longer valid.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Also depends on the thing you're buying, but the purchase screen is pretty explicit upfront if you won't be able to refund.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I usually get my refunds in steambux just because I know I'll have something to use it on eventually, but real money hasn't ever been a problem either. I'd have to wonder if it's any different for a $2000 game rather than the small amounts I'm usually dealing with.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't think you can even have more than 200 dollars in your steam wallet at once

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I don't think you can even have more than 200 dollars in your steam wallet at once

Millions of Dollars in your tax haven Steam account.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

The limit is 2000 dollars. So the game is probably some weird money laundering scheme involving tf2 hat barons.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Schwarzwald posted:

I can't be impressed with a 100$ VN any more. There should be another zero at the end of that price. At least.

Buddy, have I got the game for you today.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently they went free? How much did it use to cost?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had not realized you could use zalgo font in a steam description :unsmigghh:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Great Beer posted:

The limit is 2000 dollars. So the game is probably some weird money laundering scheme involving tf2 hat barons.

This…

Actually makes a ton of sense.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

anilEhilated posted:

Apparently they went free? How much did it use to cost?

quote:

Most expensive game on steam

As some of you know, I discovered an exploit in Valves new pricing engine.
This lead me to push the price as high as I could as a joke (inspired by hidden and unknown)
The game costed a whopping 505000$ to buy for a while, I got called Tang Xiaolong the money launderer and this has been a pretty stressful experience (I wish I had enough money to need to worry about laundering it)

This is fantastic. I love this.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, that is genuinely great.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/microtrailers/status/1621521793638072325

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2282130/Man_2/

Enrique

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man 2: Hyperman

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I'm holding out for Man 3 https://store.steampowered.com/app/2293650/Man_3_The_Social_Media_Wars/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good news everyone! This game is on sale:

Now you can pay $2.24 instead of $2.99 for what is apparently a static screen of usernames with the amount of time they've been idling. God only knows how this even got on my wishlist, but steam was right there to notify me it was on sale!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Terrible Awful Games: God only knows how this even got on my wishlist

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Terrible Awful Games: God only knows how this even got on my wishlist

Man I dunno, do we want to lose 'pif paf'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Terrible Awful Games: you have to say 'pif paf' out loud to wishlist