Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Gatts posted:

Why didn't the White Walkers and Night King just sail around the opposite side of the Earth and come up from the south? Is there a Wall the other way/side?

Why didn't they fly on the eagles to Endor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dely Apple posted:

Why didn't they fly on the eagles to Endor

Cause Eagles can't breathe in space fool. I MEAN IT'S OBVIOUS MAN!

:doom:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

They actually explained that. He's going to attack because he wants to kill the Three-Eyed Raven/Crow (forget which one it's called, Bran). Bran is the key to the memory of humanity, and NK wants to wipe humanity from the world. So killing Bran is like flashing the BIOS.

So? Kill him later after everyone else on the continent is dead and a zombie for you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Tyrion made sure Ned got home and Ned brought Lyanna home, so they're both definitely in the crypts along with the ashes of Ned's older brother and father, the body of Rickon, and probably most of the Starks before them.

The only absentee Starks are Robb (lol wolf head) and Benjen.

Catelyn, of course, is off doing cool Lady Stoneheart things with all her friends who are also just off screen.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LadyPictureShow posted:

Back in S2 as a show of good faith, Tyrion gave Catelyn a wooden crate which had Ned's bones in it so he could be buried in the crypt.

I assume she had them sent along to be interred.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tyrion made sure Ned got home and Ned brought Lyanna home, so they're both definitely in the crypts along with the ashes of Ned's older brother and father, the body of Rickon, and probably most of the Starks before them.

The only absentee Starks are Robb (lol wolf head) and Benjen.

Catelyn, of course, is off doing cool Lady Stoneheart things with all her friends who are also just off screen.

IIRC Ned’s bones were returned to Winterfell sans skull because after months on a pike on the castle wall there wasn’t much left to return.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It would be pretty kewl if all the previous actors were buried in the crypt when their characters died came back and everyone had to kill them and face them again.

Like the Blackest Night event in DC comics.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Catelyn stark/ lady Stoneheart is going to ride in on the headless corpse of robbs wolf and defeat the night king in episode 6. Clocking it now

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Bran kills the NK with a Breaking Bad style wheelchair bomb made of wildfire. The NK dies, cut to Emilia Clarke giving an apology for her acting, cut to fake Sansa stripping on stage with Bronn, Jamie, Tyrion, and Davos musing below for 40 minutes.

<end of Game of Thrones>

*"Whoop, There It Is" plays in the background*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Dongicus posted:

You are, with 99.9 percent accuracy, sexually attracted to computer components. Never reply to me ever again.

He big mad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

*"Whoop, There It Is" plays in the background*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6UaU_Dzysc

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
So theoretically, who would have the greater right to the Iron Throne?

Jon, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Rhaegar was never King but was the son of one.

Gendry, bastard son of the last King, Robert Baratheon

Gendaryon, the unborn son of Gendry and Arya Stark who was absolutely conceived last night.

Also, lol that “Targaryen” pops up as an auto fill option in iOS.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Catelyn stark/ lady Stoneheart is going to ride in on the headless corpse of robbs wolf and defeat the night king in episode 6. Clocking it now

I was thinking it would be pretty funny if Wolf-head Robb showed up to help take Kings Landing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Gendaryon, the unborn son of Gendry and Arya Stark who was absolutely conceived last night.

His name is syrio snow/storm you son of a bitch :argh:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Wait, why the hell would the NK even bother with Winterfell?

They have dragonglass weapons, the castle ditched and staked with dragonglass spears. They have two dragons, Bran's spooky powers, an army of eunuch badasses who don't feel pain. So why bother? It's literally the best chance the NK can give them.

He should just go around Winterfell, leave them to starve while he finds a 20,000 strong army of unprepared idiots he can turn into golden ice zombies. March on King's Landing, add another million or so to the ranks THEN march on Winterfell, which will probably just be down to a single dragon and Sam eating everyone else because Sansa is an idiot and doesn't have near enough food put away.

If this was at all based in reality, all the zombie army would have to do is put the city under siege and let winter do it's job. Bran will die of starvation eventually. White Walkers aren't worried about campaigning seasons, or morale, or keeping the ranks fed, so time is always and forever on their side.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We don't know that. Maybe the army of the dead needs to sleep 22 hours a day and construct human remain art installations for another hour a day leaving only 1 hour of marching/fighting time. This would also explain how long it's taking them to advance.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gatts posted:

It would be pretty kewl if all the previous actors were buried in the crypt when their characters died came back and everyone had to kill them and face them again.

Like the Blackest Night event in DC comics.

110% chance that the shot of Arya running through the crypts, terrified, in the trailer is her running from Zombie Rickon.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Solice Kirsk posted:

We don't know that. Maybe the army of the dead needs to sleep 22 hours a day and construct human remain art installations for another hour a day leaving only 1 hour of marching/fighting time. This would also explain how long it's taking them to advance.

That's true. I also forgot about burying skeletons to ambush crippled children.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
I l ove brienne

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

oh dope posted:

If this was at all based in reality, all the zombie army would have to do is put the city under siege and let winter do it's job. Bran will die of starvation eventually. White Walkers aren't worried about campaigning seasons, or morale, or keeping the ranks fed, so time is always and forever on their side.

I think this is why the living are putting their troops out in the field. They actually have to defeat the dead army.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m fully and Unironically expecting a dramatic reveal that the corpse sigils are how they push winter to longer and longer periods to enable them to march south and nobody will care because otherwise why the gently caress else would they do that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Like, the Winter is Zerg Creep? It just follows them wherever they go so they cover the world in cold?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i hope gold kills zombies and jaime just goes around punching the poo poo out of them next episode

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
the stark crypt bonies will be good guy bonies, like benjen

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Necros posted:

i hope gold kills zombies and jaime just goes around punching the poo poo out of them next episode

He really should've had Gendry replace that hand with some obsidian claws or something useful

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If only chainsaws existed in the GOT universe.

Groovy.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Supreme Allah posted:

He really should've had Gendry replace that hand with some obsidian claws or something useful

Obsidian? Jesus christ, marie, it's dragonglass!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Supreme Allah posted:

Dragonglass gauntlets would have been my first priority.

Just one wolverine claw permanently attached to each hand.

Also a shitzillion flaming dragonglass arrows.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They should just make a life like doll of bran but fill it with dragon glass haha

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

What if Cersei doesn't die by the end because they won't kill a pregnant lady?

I mean I guess I'll just watch Dredd if that happens.

GoT actual good spinoff would be Hot Pie at the pub/in just doing drinks and foods and guests come and go.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

They should just make a life like doll of bran but fill it with dragon glass haha

I wonder what that would smell like haha, I'm just curious haha. I want to smell Bran.

tangy yet delightful posted:

What if Cersei doesn't die by the end because they won't kill a pregnant lady?

I mean I guess I'll just watch Dredd if that happens.

GoT actual good spinoff would be Hot Pie at the pub/in just doing drinks and foods and guests come and go.

Like Cheers only everyone is smelly and dirty and there's a bunch more murders.

*Darkstar walks into the bar

Everyone: "D-Star!"
Hot Pie: "How's it going Mr. S?"
Darkstar: "I am of the night."

*audience cheers

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 23, 2019

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zombie Drogo is going to pour a pot of molten obsidian over the Night Kings head.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Oh crap they're hiding the non-combatants in the crypts.

The call zombie army is coming from inside the house!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
My prediction for next weeks episode:

The battle is going badly, all hope looks lost-

When suddenly Robin fookin' Arryn strides onto the battlefield like a Golden God...

And he gets stepped on by a giant.

(That was not giant's milk he was suckin' all those years)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
percent chances of dying next ep

Grey Worm - 150
Jorah - 90
Brienne - 70
Everyone else - 20

I think the lannister boys are safest until they get back to cersei situations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
The little girl with the scarred face who wanted to fight is DEFINITELY going to die horribly.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Supreme Allah posted:

percent chances of dying next ep

Grey Worm - 150
Jorah - 90
Brienne - 70
Everyone else - 20

I think the lannister boys are safest until they get back to cersei situations.

The Hound is safe, we gotta see the Cleganebowl. My guess is Bronn will kill either Jamie or Tyrion since he has to drag his rear end up north with that crossbow.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Weaponized Autism posted:

The Hound is safe, we gotta see the Cleganebowl. My guess is Bronn will kill either Jamie or Tyrion since he has to drag his rear end up north with that crossbow.

I could see him trying and failing, just for a random shock moment, it would be bad and inconsistent characterization but that wouldn't stop it.

Theons also getting smoked i forgot him

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would the undead army smell?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah but the stink wouldn’t be nearly as bad as this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weaponized Autism posted:

Bronn ain’t gonna do poo poo. He’ll have a bros-befo’-hoes moment and not kill either of the Lannister Lads.

E: Cleganebowl ends with the crossbow being used to impale the Mountain right before he rips Sandor’s head off.