Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Juando290 posted:

I love that they photoshopped the other buildings out of the windows.

I was wondering if they did or if that's just how much construction has happened in NYC over the past 10-12 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

MrQwerty posted:

peregrines have built-in aviator sunglasses that go over their other hard eyelid it's cool as poo poo

I was hiking one time in the sandias and got caught in a stoop and it was crazy as poo poo, that bird and its shadow just passed so fast down a cliff out of sight and then I just got blasted with air and the sound

edit: dash also poo poo on my chest while I was giving a presentation to grade-schoolers about conservation, and peregrines have articulated cloacas because they live on cliff faces. it is called a slice.

Sorry I do research for Chuck Tingle and noticed the phrase "articulated cloacas" with the curious justification about cliff faces.

I know it's late but can you explain further. Birds, lizards and bird lizards interest my employer.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
articulated cloacas is a good username

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

cuz it's his "BRAND"?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

priznat posted:

Reebok pumps are fuckin cool still to this day
Every time I wear mine in public I get stopped and people want to know where I got them. One dude tried to buy them off me in Eugene but he didn’t wear a 13.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JediTalentAgent posted:

Talking about the fake money thing again, there was some PBS documentary years ago where a guy admitted to making and distributing fake money BUT he worked his way around it by trading them to people as art and letting them know that it was absolutely fake. Quite a few of the examples shown are obviously fake at a first glance, then a few others might pass for legitimate if you were quickly flipping through them.

https://archive.org/details/SecretsofMakingMoney
Starts at the 31:00 mark

I don't think anyone mentioned To Live And Die In LA (1985) - where Willem Defoe is an fine artist turned counterfeit printer.

Apparently they had a convicted counterfeiter on set, and they showed the process in enough detail that it inspired a bunch of copycats. Director Billy Friedkin (yeah I call him Billy) has basically admitted that he used the counterfeits as walking -around money so he got a bunch of poo poo from the Secret Service and they were picking up fake bills for a long time after the shoot wrapped. So yeah, they could make good fakes on a movie set in the 80s, America has some of the most fakeable currency in the world .

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Akratic Method posted:

I was wondering if they did or if that's just how much construction has happened in NYC over the past 10-12 years.

It's impossible anything new would have been built recently, everyone knows businesses are fleeing NYC in droves because of crooked pro-crime judges;

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Oh my god :discourse:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It's the "No, I can't believe this BS either". look on the young Barrons face that makes me chuckle every time.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The Trump Thread: Two Dicks rRubbing Together, Forever

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
all legal scholars have said when trump dies the "3 felonies per day" average will become 2

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Deptfordx posted:

It's the "No, I can't believe this BS either". look on the young Barrons face that makes me chuckle every time.

That's probably the first time hes been allowed into that room.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wheeled him in on the lion, and back out again, forbidden by Don to touch the floor.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:dudsmile:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

oh god.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
this is what they don't want you to know about 9/11

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A second dong has hit Trump Tower.

Watch Don start a fucken tweet

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Never gets old

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

wish i could find the one before it got scrubbed into getty
The toy limos is :discourse: Even a child's toys should be ostentatiously project wealth.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Eric Trump tweets from dad's trial despite electronics ban.

quote:

Eric Trump was spotted tweeting in the middle of his dad’s trial on Monday by a NBC News reporter—an apparent violation of rules put in place by Judge Juan Merchan that ban the use of electronics inside the New York City courtroom. There was no indication on whether Eric, Donald Trump’s second youngest son, will face punishment or not. Eric has regularly appeared in the first pew behind Trump at his hush-money trial, often sharing his displeasure with the proceedings on X. On Monday, Eric reportedly didn’t wait to fire off his thoughts on the trial, tweeting during the testimony of Michael Cohen—his dad’s former fixer who’s now the prosecution’s star witness against him. “I have never seen anything more rehearsed,” Eric wrote, alluding to Cohen’s testimony.

A Trump flouting the rules? :monocle:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

MrQwerty posted:

wish i could find the one before it got scrubbed into getty

and that man's name was Hideo Kojima

Right click on image, reverse google search finds this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

his entire stated plan of getting the homeless to unwittingly pass off the fake currency he gives them as real and get arrested only works if the fake currency he is passing off is realistic enough for the homeless person to make the assumption that it is a real bill.
in order for them to be arrested for passing counterfeit bills he first has to convince the homeless that his fake bills are real money, which is what makes them counterfeit rather than how accurate they are to actual bills.

jesus bills on the other hand are only trying to trick you into thinking it's real money to the degree that you pick it up and put it in the bin.

You're all way overthinking this. He bought a prop and is making poo poo up for engagement.

In reality, he does like every other chud when he sees a homeless person around his car: roll his windows up and look at them with contempt and disgust. That's what assholes ever do, and that guy is an rear end in a top hat.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

ok some real innovation that "X, the everything app" could introduce to bring users back to the platform is a "shut the gently caress up, nerd" button, paired with a green/red +/- icon that shows the ratio of likes to being told to get hosed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Akratic Method posted:

Nah it isn't that (all the high-rise construction has been in midtown and the financial district), but I would still love to know what that view is out the window. I'm not going to assume any of it is photoshopped without a good reason. What building is he supposedly in?

(You can get that kind of view looking westward from Jersey City for example, and I'm not sure what that bridge is—maybe this is the view northwestward from Trump International and that's the GWB?)

man I dunno, maybe :shrug:

e:

MrQwerty posted:

cuz it's his "BRAND"?

Richie Rich had a more tasteful mansion

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 14, 2024

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Akratic Method posted:

fwiw, I think that’s the Whitestone bridge. You definitely don’t get that view from Trump tower.

Trump tower is the very professional arrow. View is probably from somewhere in the circle.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kw0134 posted:

Note that the particular law I'm citing is the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, so if you gently caress around with a Canada Goose, which is by no means endangered at all, that's a felony.

I have a co-worker who ran over a goose in the parking lot of the office and the security and facilities guys had a whole lotta fun telling him about the Migratory Bird Act while he got increasingly more anxious until the sheriff called him back a few hours later like "You said you was an accident? OK, yeah, I don't even know why you're calling about this, we don't care about a fuckin' goose."

Then I printed out a "MISSING" flyer for the goose and left it under the windshield wiper of his truck.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cthulu Carl posted:

I have a co-worker who ran over a goose in the parking lot of the office and the security and facilities guys had a whole lotta fun telling him about the Migratory Bird Act while he got increasingly more anxious until the sheriff called him back a few hours later like "You said you was an accident? OK, yeah, I don't even know why you're calling about this, we don't care about a fuckin' goose."

Then I printed out a "MISSING" flyer for the goose and left it under the windshield wiper of his truck.

:lmao: genius

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Always a pleasure to catch up on Night Krew posts

DO SOMETHING!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

kazil posted:

DO SOMETHING!

Trumo saying anything about the judge should have been punishable, I don't really care I just want to see Trumo in an orange jumpsuit to match his stupid orange face

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

kazil posted:

DO SOMETHING!

Accusing the judge of essentially taking bribes is gonna work out real well for ol dongus tormp

MrQwerty posted:

cuz it's his "BRAND"?

Wes Anderson's The Art of The Deal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

DO SOMETHING!

Every morning baby wakes up and needs his nappy changed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

POO SOMETHING!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

More clowns for the circus

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Does he mean 'has a conflict of interest' when he says 'conflicted'? The judge does not seem notably conflicted to me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HopperUK posted:

Does he mean 'has a conflict of interest' when he says 'conflicted'? The judge does not seem notably conflicted to me.

"he is so mad"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

More clowns for the circus

What Secretary position is that loving wierdo Vivek aiming for?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Secretary of Offense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HopperUK posted:

conflicted = allowing the law to do its job

not conflicted = kicking the can down the road until after the election (When I win bigly and can make the charges magically go away (I'm so smart)) aka Judge Cannon

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sometimes I try to do the mental exercise of picturing what this all would look like if Trump were like, a normal regular human being.

Like let's just grant for the sake of argument that CONFLICTED!! was a real thing, that there was some legitimate grievance against the court behind it. What would Human Trump do? He would have his LAWYER stand out in the cattle cage and make a LEGAL statement about what that grievance is, using LEGAL language. He would understand that he himself is not qualified to explain why the case is without merit or why the judge should be recused or how the case is political in nature. No matter what his own ego would demand him to do himself, he would have Blanche or someone hold a press conference and lay out the charges clearly and succinctly and ONCE.

But this fuckin guy, he has to just go out there every morning like a coffee ritual and rattle off the same list of meaningless words as though THIS time, the audience will gasp in horror at the word CONFLICTED and all the journalists with PRESS in their hatbands will rush to the row of payphones and crash into all the booths at the same time so the booths all fall over in a single rigid unit.

Just as an experiment though! Granting that all his grievances are real things. Imagine how someone who actually is being unfairly targeted and unfairly prosecuted ought to be acting at this point. Imagine how someone would show class, decorum, restraint, how they would say things like "I am confident that the facts of the case will be borne out and the jury will find in my favor" or "I genuinely believe I have done nothing wrong". But he can't even talk like that, he has to squawk his catchphrase soundboard like a goddamn parrot every single day.

He's just such a loving weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Yes. The judge's daughter works for Democrats or something. Trump is just really bad with thinking, words, not being a piece of poo poo, etc.