Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He's not being arrested for being a rapist though. He's being arrested for helping Chelsea Manning expose war crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only reason he was arrested was because he was publishing things that were embarassing to the president of ecuador, who was the person who could choose to shield assange or not via diplomatic immunity

whoopsie!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's being arrested for not cleaning out his cat's litter box and refusing to shower.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
at this point assange has spent more time in solitary than manning, who was charged, prosecuted, and convicted of felonies

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/cowboyfox_/status/1115782449416626176?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

luxury handset posted:

at this point assange has spent more time in solitary than manning, who was charged, prosecuted, and convicted of felonies

Remember when Julian Assange hinted that murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich was the guy who leaked the DNC emails to him, which he used in coordination with the Trump campaign to aid in his election

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Some of these people are amazingly wrapped up in their own worlds, drat.

Rotting corpses are fascinating. Wtf.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's not being arrested for being a rapist though. He's being arrested for helping Chelsea Manning expose war crimes.

He got arrested for jumping bail over the Swedish extradition request.

The Met then re-arrested him in conjunction with the American extradition request being sent through diplomatic channels, and when Sweden reactivates theirs, he’ll be arrested again. That’s how it works.

Odds are the UK government will take the easier extradition to do; i.e. the one to an EU country for a non-political crime where the defendant has exhausted all appeals.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

Try living couple of meters away from a putrid smelling corpse on a hot day and tell me how much you like them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Andrast posted:

Do American schools have all the kids in a classroom read the same book and then the teacher talks about it with the class?

That was exactly what we did in my poor redneck Ohio public school system. Every grade except 8th grade was just reading from Elements of Literature and then maybe one or two entire class novels. 8th grade still had Elements of Literature but the teacher also, probably out of pocket, had a shitload of books that were in groups of 4. The class would divide into groups and pick books from her library to read. They weren't exactly winners though with me reading: Down a Dark Hall, Doomstone, The Hot Zone, and Alive. But it was more freedom than we got in any other grade.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How do they do it in non-American schools?

https://twitter.com/pamfoundation/status/1116294393533796352

zoux has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Apr 11, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Luckyellow posted:

Try living couple of meters away from a putrid smelling corpse on a hot day and tell me how much you like them.

I'm just checking that you're not attributing this to me, it's one of the people in the quoted tweet.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

TinTower posted:

He got arrested for jumping bail over the Swedish extradition request.

The Met then re-arrested him in conjunction with the American extradition request being sent through diplomatic channels, and when Sweden reactivates theirs, he’ll be arrested again. That’s how it works.

Odds are the UK government will take the easier extradition to do; i.e. the one to an EU country for a non-political crime where the defendant has exhausted all appeals.

gently caress off, tory bootlicker

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Brawnfire posted:

You keep getting me with these.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

You keep getting me with these.

Is this all because I didn't use quotation marks? I gotta punctuate better.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Brawnfire posted:

Is this all because I didn't use quotation marks? I gotta punctuate better.

It's fine, you just haven't quite established a recognizable brand yet. Keep it up and you'll be the next lottery of babylon in no time.

I believe in you.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Volcott posted:

It's fine, you just haven't quite established a recognizable brand yet. Keep it up and you'll be the next lottery of babylon in no time.

I believe in you.

One LoB is enough. Other people, use quotation marks or the quote markup.

Just my opinion, of course.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I’ve been thinking a whole lot about the role of male womb envy in the role of trans ideology, especially after reading about how trans folks essentially bully doctors into giving them lethal doses of hormones and expect to get a “period” and “female heart attack symptoms”.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1116297339738546176?s=19

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I’ve been thinking a whole lot about the role of male womb envy in the role of trans ideology, especially after reading about how trans folks essentially bully doctors into giving them lethal doses of hormones and expect to get a “period” and “female heart attack symptoms”.

lethal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1116365436323553283

Also:

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status/1116285679728832518

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I personally think MeToo is a neoliberal conspiracy to hurt rape victims even worse

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Assange was a piece of poo poo who actively perverted Wikileaks into its current role as a front for the Russian government. He pushed out the other original members of Wikileaks and forced them to sign NDA's so they wouldn't talk about his fuckery. He openly criticized the people who leaked the Panama Papers. He helped support the rising tide of fascism across the world. And yeah, he almost certainly raped and sexually assaulted two women in Sweden.

But hey, he released some bad poo poo about the Iraq war twelve years ago (and didn't edit out the names of Iraqi citizens), so therefore he's a true crusader for justice and transparency.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kosuke_haruhito/status/1116070227580555264

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ahahahahahahahaha

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/kosuke_haruhito/status/1116083798926450688

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

Assange was a piece of poo poo who actively perverted Wikileaks into its current role as a front for the Russian government. He pushed out the other original members of Wikileaks and forced them to sign NDA's so they wouldn't talk about his fuckery. He openly criticized the people who leaked the Panama Papers. He helped support the rising tide of fascism across the world. And yeah, he almost certainly raped and sexually assaulted two women in Sweden.

But hey, he released some bad poo poo about the Iraq war twelve years ago (and didn't edit out the names of Iraqi citizens), so therefore he's a true crusader for justice and transparency.

show us your blue lives matter tattoo

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think it's okay for them to arrest Julian because he had a gross beard.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

50% can be achieved by turning off their monitor.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

With all the talk about reading lists, one tweet cuts to the heart of the human condition.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Standard Measure posted:

show us your blue lives matter tattoo

You've got a real hard-on for defending the rapist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Byzantine posted:

With all the talk about reading lists, one tweet cuts to the heart of the human condition.

In one way or another, we all just want to see fakku

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/maryscavenger/status/1116306146447515648?s=21

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

felch me daddy jr. posted:

what does this mean and who moved this thread to TBB?

You can have a gay character, but they have to be killed off to show that being gay is inherently tragic/leads to ruin. It was really explicit in the old pulp gay romances, and a strong subtextual reading in more literary stuff like A Separate Peace. Nowadays the big moral lesson has faded away, but it's still a popular thing to do for some cheap drama, especially for lesbian characters.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

The guy saying they're trying to get it on the ballot has to be a troll.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing at the lethal dose of estrogen.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zoux posted:

In one way or another, we all just want to see fakku

The best thing that site ever did was advertise social media functionality that would post what you were reading to Facebook as an April Fool's joke.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

zakharov posted:

The guy saying they're trying to get it on the ballot has to be a troll.

The only way I can *kind of* understand this is if he is very, very confused about the Catalan referendum.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Me in 1998: Wow the internet will deliver knowledge and foster new relationships and understanding across the world

The internet in 2019:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

You've got a real hard-on for defending the rapist.

You think Chelsea Manning was treated too well.