Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
http://youtu.be/Og-UlI51Pjc Hahahahahahahahaha.

(Game of Thrones RPG trailer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

Yeah, that game looks so incredibly bad. I don't know whose wise idea it was to sell the license to Cyanide of all studios. I imagine a lot of bigger/more talented publishers would pay out the rear end for it right about now.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

IRQ posted:

But yeah loving amazing, they're sperging about "spoilers" from that loving video game. I don't even think that horrible thing actually had anything to do with the books. Oh I guess it mentions a country named Dorne which is somehow a spoiler. I don't even know. :psypop:

Anyone who is that into the show and hasn't got round to reading the books yet can go gently caress themselves.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I for one, cannot wait until having a "Wild Cards" tag makes every single post I make liable to get me probated for the next quarter of a year because some TVIV sperg thinks spoiling him is the center of my universe.

And that video game looks ridiculously terrible. :downs: "Let's take one of the only fantasy works known for not being a cliche and make it into one overlong cliche." :downs:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

mind the walrus posted:

And that video game looks ridiculously terrible. :downs: "Let's take one of the only fantasy works known for not being a cliche and make it into one overlong cliche." :downs:

Scarface McStabby takes issue with that statement.

It's like they're trying to make a Bronn simulator and got everything wrong.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

whowhatwhere posted:

I wonder is this is supposed to be a Druid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whowhatwhere posted:

It looks better than the RTS.

So does bowel cancer, but hey.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Elindale posted:

Wait ... Let me see if i've got this right ... so Winter Comes every 6-40 years, right?

... And no one has seen the White Walkers in at least several hundred years, probably longer?

And the Wall was (likely) built after the last White Walker invasion to "safeguard the realm Neeps" ...

Does this mean that the Wall has never actually been used in a fight (except against those hobo wildlings)?

A season normally lasts 2 to 7 years or so, but it's usually about 3 or 4, I think. Winter and summer usually last about the same, and this very long summer and subsequent coming winter is quite unusual. The last time the Others invaded legend says the winter lasted for a generation, but if that happened it seems that it was probably because of their invasion and magic and whatnot.

The Wall's never been used in a fight against the Others, but it seems that the very presence of the Wall is what's been stopping it, both by physical barrier deterring such an invasion, and by spells woven into the structure of the Wall preventing them from being able to cross.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 29, 2012

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail had more/better sets and extras and it was literally made for less than the show spent breeding and training the direwolves which ended up being mostly cut out anyways because that stupid breed can't be trained.

Monty Python probably put more effort into drinking than HBO did creating that set.

Perhaps they should get Terry Gilliam to do animations of the battles. I'd watch the gently caress out of that.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
All these knights of summer... green as summer grass in summer.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dendra posted:

hello bad thread, i figure i should come back here to coincide with the new HBO season.

please rape me with lemoncakes to make me feel welcome, tia

Welcome back, Dendra!

whowhatwhere posted:

Flash of side boob at 1:19. Those randy bastards.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 29, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nimec posted:

The sight of green summer grass' summer greenness' arousal was arousing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I can't wait for someone to assume my avatar really is a spoiler. Maybe I should have attributed the quote to Tywin.

Nimec posted:

Now I'd like Don Henley to sing The Knights of Summer. He'd even fit into the ASoIaF world, given the whole "nearly killed a 16-year-old hooker with quaaludes" thing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Now I'd like Don Henley to sing The Knights of Summer. He'd even fit into the ASoIaF world, given the whole "nearly killed a 16-year-old hooker with quaaludes" thing.

The Red Wedding, directed by Roman Polanski.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Fog Tripper posted:

Flash of side boob at 1:19. Those randy bastards.

Finally, a game that appeals to the GuRRM's unique ... sensibilities.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

IRQ posted:

featuring Charles Manson as Roose Bolton

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
Well, GRRM is in Euro-land now. Lots of writing getting done I suspect. Football starts up in a few months. Looks like another productive year for The Fat Pink Mast.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

IRQ posted:

Just keep him away from Sansa and Arya.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Junkenstein posted:

Anyone who is that into the show and hasn't got round to reading the books yet can go gently caress themselves.
Amen.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Nobody on King's Road
Nobody on Dorn's beach.
I feel it in my bowls
The winter's within reach

Empty bladder, empty colon
The gas is building up
I'm flying on a dragon
Though I don't know where to go

But I can feel you
The brown poop runnin down my buns
You got your pubes combed back and your
period flowing on baby
I can tell you my shits from berries will be so strong
After the shits from the summer have gone.

Ba na na na nan na na na Ba nana nana na

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

We can only hope a Supernatural-style "SOON" preview is part of the new season, just to further enrage TVIV.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I've never even read the books, I just read chapter summaries in Tower of the Hand because gently caress reading I am a man

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I had my servants act out all the important scenes like Sansa and Jeyne discussing lemoncakes.

I am a busy businessman.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Victarion seized the dusky woman by the wrist and pulled her to him. “She will do it. Go pray to your red god. Light your fire, and tell me what you see.”

Moqorro’s dark eyes seemed to shine. “I see lemoncakes.”

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Junkenstein posted:

Seriously. I mean, they're long, but they aren't exactly dense stuff that's hard to breeze through.

Truepost:
I saw an actual Pear Shaped Man at work the other day. He was at least 6'5", and you know how Big Bird has a hulahoop in his waist? This guy looked, I poo poo you not, exactly like that. He was an upside cone on top of a right side up one. He had the whole neck-head thing going on, like that pear shaped duck who showed up in Ducktales some times, but you could tell where his jaw bone must have been because he shaved above it (a few days ago) and clearly thought that was a job well done, ignoring the scraggly tufts that went down another 6 inches. His nails were long. This is Jersey, so when I say they were about the length of the average woman who comes in here I'm not saying "hurr wymn" I mean they could have been acrylics they were so damned long. Except that they weren't, because they don't make acrylics in that gross yellowish translucent color.

And his voice.

His voice was higher than the GRUM's.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
This is crucial: was he eating Cheez Doodles?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

smarion2 posted:

Nobody on King's Road
Nobody on Dorn's beach.
I feel it in my bowls
The winter's within reach

Empty bladder, empty colon
The gas is building up
I'm flying on a dragon
Though I don't know where to go

But I can feel you
The brown poop runnin down my buns
You got your pubes combed back and your
period flowing on baby
I can tell you my shits from berries will be so strong
After the shits from the summer have gone.

Ba na na na nan na na na Ba nana nana na

Aww poo poo, Get Your Bowels Ready It's About To Go Down
Everybody In The Place Hit The loving Deck
But Stay On Your Motherfucking Toes
We Running This, Let's Go

I'm On A Dragon (I'm On A Dragon)
Everybody Look At Me 'cause I'm Flying On A Dragon (Flying On A Dragon)
I'm On A Dragon
Take A Good Hard Look At The Motherfucking Dragon (Dragon, Yeah)

*fartz*

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 29, 2012

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

whowhatwhere posted:

This is crucial: was he eating Cheez Doodles?

At that exact moment he was not, no.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Seriously. I mean, they're long, but they aren't exactly dense stuff that's hard to breeze through.

Truepost:
I saw an actual Pear Shaped Man at work the other day. He was at least 6'5", and you know how Big Bird has a hulahoop in his waist? This guy looked, I poo poo you not, exactly like that. He was an upside cone on top of a right side up one. He had the whole neck-head thing going on, like that pear shaped duck who showed up in Ducktales some times, but you could tell where his jaw bone must have been because he shaved above it (a few days ago) and clearly thought that was a job well done, ignoring the scraggly tufts that went down another 6 inches. His nails were long. This is Jersey, so when I say they were about the length of the average woman who comes in here I'm not saying "hurr wymn" I mean they could have been acrylics they were so damned long. Except that they weren't, because they don't make acrylics in that gross yellowish translucent color.

And his voice.

His voice was higher than the GRUM's.

Jerseysucks.txt

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Is a Pear Shaped Man a subcategory of the Grrmalike?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

savinhill posted:

Is a Pear Shaped Man a subcategory of the Grrmalike?

Gurm is the Pear Shaped Man.

Man I wish I could post that entire story. You guys without it are missing out.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

IRQ posted:

Gurm is the Pear Shaped Man.

Man I wish I could post that entire story. You guys without it are missing out.

Are you sure? I feel like I've been changed for the worse having read the whole thing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Octy posted:

Are you sure? I feel like I've been changed for the worse having read the whole thing.

Methinks you don't understand why this is called the Bad Thread.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

Methinks you don't understand why this is called the Bad Thread.

I admit to being a late comer to this thread and therefore have little knowledge of its history and little 'wars' with the other GRRM threads.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
War of the GRRM threads, battle for Book Barn.

Lots of lives were lost.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

So did we win or lose?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Octy posted:

So did we win or lose?

Only the crows and Gurm won.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Octy posted:

So did we win or lose?

In the Game of Threads, you win or you die.

This is like the 8th iteration, draw your own conclusions (allusion to beric dondarrion goes here)

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

bigmcgaffney posted:

In the Game of Threads, you win or you die.

This is like the 8th iteration, draw your own conclusions (allusion to beric dondarrion goes here)

This thread is Lady Catelyn now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Rape Jake. posted:

This thread is Lady Catelyn now?

yeop

sexy as hell is what it is