Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd love a video shortcut that's just this

code:
[video type="youtube"][/video]

And a " button at the top of the keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Snowy posted:

I'd love a video shortcut that's just this

code:
[video type="youtube"][/video]

And a " button at the top of the keyboard

You can paste YouTube videos using long press and it'll do exactly what you're asking for. Just select the "video" option.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

TBeats posted:

You can paste YouTube videos using long press and it'll do exactly what you're asking for. Just select the "video" option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mTepIBykd4

Oh neat, thank you!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TBeats posted:

I gave up after trying it a few times a while back with no success. I'll try it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stPqr6B_zEY

Oh goddamn it I've been wasting my life. "Paste" of course gently caress everything.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I was going to say, I thought either we already had it doing that somehow, or we were able to buy into the forums' own replacement scripts when you actually submit the post.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This has been happening occasionally when switching back to the app and freaking me out as that's my work computer.

What's up?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I don't know why your phone would be posting tiny screenshots but I can't reproduce it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

anthonypants posted:

I don't know why your phone would be posting tiny screenshots but I can't reproduce it.

Har har

Talking about the paste from my Mac pop up.

I can rarely use Awful's built in imgur upload because it fails with error 0 95% of the time.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Jealous Cow posted:

This has been happening occasionally when switching back to the app and freaking me out as that's my work computer.

What's up?

Awful checks the clipboard when it comes to the foreground to see if there's a forums URL on there it can offer to navigate to. You've signed into iCloud on your work computer and have enabled the shared clipboard feature. So it syncs your clipboard contents before Awful looks at the clipboard.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

Awful checks the clipboard when it comes to the foreground to see if there's a forums URL on there it can offer to navigate to. You've signed into iCloud on your work computer and have enabled the shared clipboard feature. So it syncs your clipboard contents before Awful looks at the clipboard.

Thanks. Can I disable it for just Awful? Don't see any obvious options in the app or Settings.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

No but maybe we should add it if clipboard requests now hit the network...

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

No but maybe we should add it if clipboard requests now hit the network...

For me it hangs the app for 2-3 seconds when it happens. It also makes me nervous because I may have sensitive information in my computer's clipboard, so I wish I had finer tune control over what apps can access it.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I think if you're going to connect your personal phone to your work laptop you should expect these sorts of things to pop up. It looks like you can't disable the shared clipboard without disabling Handoff entirely, and maybe it would be a good idea to do that on your work laptop.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

anthonypants posted:

I think if you're going to connect your personal phone to your work laptop you should expect these sorts of things to pop up. It looks like you can't disable the shared clipboard without disabling Handoff entirely, and maybe it would be a good idea to do that on your work laptop.

I probably will.

Now if I could only figure out why I always get error 0 when attempting to attach an image. Changing networks/switching off wifi doesn't help. Force quitting doesn't help. I just can't post images.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
feature request: allow me to literally spend 2-4 hours a day in the app and not have it murder my battery

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

question: do you read the trump thread?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Yes

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
yes

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Focusing on things I can figure out:

I've added a toggle for the feature where Awful chances your clipboard for a forums URL. It defaults to on, but if you have handoff trying to paste from another device whenever you open the app, you should be able to turn it off.

Additionally, awhile back Spanky the dolphin came up with some alternate colors (with light and dark variants) for the app itself, which several users were interested in (I'm one of them.) I was able to use them just by keeping my edits around on my system, but obviously no one else could. So I've added the option to use it as an alternate theme.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
In the latest beta I'm noticing that embedded YouTube videos now have a blinking circle in the upper left of the video before you hit the play button on them. Has that always been there? What is it?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

GutBomb posted:

In the latest beta I'm noticing that embedded YouTube videos now have a blinking circle in the upper left of the video before you hit the play button on them. Has that always been there? What is it?
I've noticed that too, and it's a YouTube thing. It happens for me on desktop browsers.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Potential new throbber I made just now:

Could be good for a change?

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

spanky the dolphin posted:

I second this

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Well I've got them here if you want to try it out. Available in blue and grey. Maybe try the blue one on the thread loading page first? :shrug:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I am deeply ok with the app displaying random throbbers of they're all of this quality.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Coq au Nandos posted:

I am deeply ok with the app displaying random throbbers of they're all of this quality.

Yeah I was wondering if it was possible to cycle them for the thread loader. If it is I think we'd need an extra one - 3 seems more deliberate.

Any suggestions let me know.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Odd question: does anybody use the automatic theme switching based on brightness? I'm wondering if it's discoverable enough or if less people actually requested it than I thought, but either way, I'm surprised I haven't heard any complaints/bug reports.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I seriously just turned it on two days ago after seeing it in your mock-up of the other color scheme and wondering if it was in the current app. Sometimes it takes a moment to switch back and forth, but other than that, no problems yet.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I seriously just turned it on two days ago after seeing it in your mock-up of the other color scheme and wondering if it was in the current app. Sometimes it takes a moment to switch back and forth, but other than that, no problems yet.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. I delivered it 6 months ago and never heard about it afterwards, so that's why I'm asking. Maybe there's a way to make new features more discoverable, or maybe it's just not that big of a deal :shrug:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like dark mode 24/7.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

carry on then posted:

Odd question: does anybody use the automatic theme switching based on brightness? I'm wondering if it's discoverable enough or if less people actually requested it than I thought, but either way, I'm surprised I haven't heard any complaints/bug reports.

I do. Seems to work fine.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Beautiful

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

withak posted:

I like dark mode 24/7.

Me too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

withak posted:

I like dark mode 24/7.

Same

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Yeah I was wondering if it was possible to cycle them for the thread loader. If it is I think we'd need an extra one - 3 seems more deliberate.

Any suggestions let me know.

:frogout: Obviously

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Love that frog but he'd be a bit of a nightmare redrawing unfortunately. I was thinking maybe this one::roflolmao:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Love that frog but he'd be a bit of a nightmare redrawing unfortunately. I was thinking maybe this one::roflolmao:

That's a good one. :ohdear: is another great SA specific smilie.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

How about this?

Here's a link to all the png sequences, I've made a slight tweak to the :v: one too to make it a bit smoother FYI.

Link.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 19, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

gently caress you're fast. That looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I just discovered that the app, at least on my iPhone, will upload pictures to imgur for me rather than forcing me to go through a bunch of steps including visiting imgur. I've gone from never ever posting pictures from my phone to being able to do it whenever I want! This may have been a feature for forever, but I wanted to give big props for it. I carry an Android too for work reasons, will it also work on that?

• Locked thread