Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Is Holt McCallany one of the people talking throughout this trailer? Because it sounds weirdly like Chris Pine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

weekly font posted:

I never heard of Day of the Tryphids before the podcast and I'm with y'all that the worldwide blindness plot sounds way more interesting than killer plants.

e: hoo boy that was a real bad guess on that spelling of Triffids!

Ioan Tryphydd

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Filmstruck is loving awful.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For those that care, there's a new Night Mind

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Repo Man's okay.

How about Repo Chick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eThZr9If_I8

Holy poo poo, I had no idea Alex Cox also did a sequel to Straight to Hell and some weird psuedo-sequel to the Searchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJgAiPCVx1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPJpr_0Dd8

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Filmstruck is loving awful.

Poor selection? Or what? I was curious about it but I'm already signed up for 3 streaming sites.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Blisster posted:

Poor selection? Or what? I was curious about it but I'm already signed up for 3 streaming sites.

Absolutely awful streaming, I think I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten through a movie without it pausing to buffer and still have fingers left. I gave up on watching a movie today because it would literally pause to buffer every twenty seconds, and it would buffer for longer than the amount of content I was able to watch before the next buffer. For context, I can stream crisp video from every other service without any problem, it's just that Filmstruck seems to have built their infrastructure using popsicle sticks and glitter glue.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is it me or is that trailer really badly mixed?

How could they not start and/or end this trailer with a through the door shot?
I assume the movie has at least one of those.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 1, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

ruddiger posted:

How about Repo Chick?

Turns out all of us are Barbie girls, in a Barbie World.

It's a'ight.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Repo Chick and The Wicker Tree came out around the same time and let me just say they are both disappointing as hell.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DrVenkman posted:

LOGAN was fantastic. It's almost not fair to refer to it as a superhero movie. It feels more like THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES.

Holy loving gently caress, everyone knows what movies you're talking about. All-caps is a weird script thing and you know it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

He didn't even include year of release orr director of photography though. How the hell am I supposed to know if he is talking about Logan (2010, d.p. John Grove II) or Logan(2017, d.p. John Mathieson)?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

FreudianSlippers posted:

He didn't even include year of release orr director of photography though. How the hell am I supposed to know if he is talking about Logan (2010, d.p. John Grove II) or Logan(2017, d.p. John Mathieson)?

XMEN 7 THE WOLVERINE 3 LOGAN

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How does professor x come back? What timeline is this?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tenzarin posted:

Everyone wisely pretends X-Men 3 never happened.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
"WOLV3RINE". You would think people would pronounce it "wolverthreen", but for some reason everyone says "wolvthreerine". After a while, you do the same.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Tenzarin posted:

I think it actually this is the timeline he got sent back to in DOFP? Wait but is that also the Apocalypse timeline? In any event DOFP is the one that really ignored Xmen 3.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

porfiria posted:

I think it actually this is the timeline he got sent back to in DOFP? Wait but is that also the Apocalypse timeline? In any event DOFP is the one that really ignored Xmen 3.

The dark timeline at the start has a living Professor X anyways, and he has a cameo at the end of The Wolverine.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Hopefully they're just using it as an excuse to abandon canon and tell whatever loving stories they want.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Skwirl posted:

The dark timeline at the start has a living Professor X anyways, and he has a cameo at the end of The Wolverine.

Right that's what I'm saying--the Picard body is alive in DOFP even though it's destroyed in 3 and he's a disembodied consciousness or something. Also, The Wolverine doesn't match up with DOFP because Magneto and Xavier have teamed up and are recruiting Wolverine to do something in The Wolverine stinger--and then it's like 10 years later in DOFP and robots have taken over. So whatever mission they wanted him for failed or had nothing to do with the robots?

Actually maybe Logan is the neo-DOFP timeline? Because that reality didn't cease to exist it just morphed into a better one because Bolvar Trask didn't get Mystique's blood or whatever. I don't like that idea though--I wanted Wolverine to get a happy ending in one reality at least :(

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Repo Chick and The Wicker Tree came out around the same time and let me just say they are both disappointing as hell.

Yeah, yeah.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

porfiria posted:

Right that's what I'm saying--the Picard body is alive in DOFP even though it's destroyed in 3 and he's a disembodied consciousness or something. Also, The Wolverine doesn't match up with DOFP because Magneto and Xavier have teamed up and are recruiting Wolverine to do something in The Wolverine stinger--and then it's like 10 years later in DOFP and robots have taken over. So whatever mission they wanted him for failed or had nothing to do with the robots?

Actually maybe Logan is the neo-DOFP timeline? Because that reality didn't cease to exist it just morphed into a better one because Bolvar Trask didn't get Mystique's blood or whatever. I don't like that idea though--I wanted Wolverine to get a happy ending in one reality at least :(
:wtc:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

porfiria posted:

If you think that poo poo is confusing and full of plot holes you should try reading the comics some time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Skwirl posted:

If you think that poo poo is confusing and full of plot holes you should try reading the comics some time.

The movies at least have the good sense to not give a poo poo

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

The movies at least have the good sense to not give a poo poo

The movies have completely recreated the excesses of the comics.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

X-Men is basically a soap opera. Things like logic or time don't really factor into it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Especially since you only get a movie every couple years, there are like 14 X men comics every month for the last 60 years. Its a lot to draw from.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Especially since you only get a movie every couple years, there are like 14 X men comics every month for the last 60 years. Its a lot to draw from.

They didn't start doing multiple X-Books until the 80's, and at least at the start the same guy was writing all of them so the logistics of the plot beats mostly worked at least, even though the content of them was loving bonkers at times.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The post-credits scene of X3 shows that Xavier transplanted himself into the body of a braindead person. I assumed he just makes everyone else see him as Patrick Stewart, since he can probably do that. And he's still crippled because that guy was braindead for a really long time.

Does anyone else think it's funny that everyone has the technology to make super advanced robots, but no one just fixed professor x's legs or gave him an exoskeleton or anything? Because "being in a wheelchair" is a core part of his character. Like, floating chair? No problem.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

The movies have completely recreated the excesses of the comics.

I don't really remember the movies getting that hung up on continuity beyond the broad strokes but I guess there's like a half-dozen I haven't seen

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

Does anyone else think it's funny that everyone has the technology to make super advanced robots, but no one just fixed professor x's legs or gave him an exoskeleton or anything? Because "being in a wheelchair" is a core part of his character. Like, floating chair? No problem.

There's like 30 characters with highly advanced cyber-arms but if missing an arm is a core part of your character, you're outta luck dipshit.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sizzler University

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Is "Invasion From Inner Earth" worth seeing?

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

There's like 30 characters with highly advanced cyber-arms but if missing an arm is a core part of your character, you're outta luck dipshit.

Gary's mutant genes may have left him with only one arm, but it's fine with him cause that arm's got three hands. Introducing...Triand.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FishBulb posted:

Sizzler University

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

Is "Invasion From Inner Earth" worth seeing?

No idea but I like the title.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Part of the beauty of Deadpool is that, in one throwaway gag, they make it explicit that they don't care about 'timelines' and neither should you.

Deadpool is an X-Men movie, bt-dubs. It's also the X-men movie which fixes all continuity issues.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

No idea but I like the title.

If this dang pasta cooks quick enough I'll report back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

If this dang pasta cooks quick enough I'll report back.

Let me know how the pasta turns out as well and what you put on it, I love pasta, but I've sworn off it partly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JJ Abrams said that Mark Hamill might get an Oscar nomination for Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi. From everything I read about Logan, the Academy might just give a nomination to Patrick Stewart instead. And maybe Hugh Jackman.

Snak posted:

Going into Manchester by the Sea completely blind.

You have to appreciate the VFX work they put into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjfSNDnnBo

• Locked thread