Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When he dropped her off at the mansion in New X-Men he introduced her as his sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
There wouldn't have to be so many clones, future babies, and babies that travel to the future and return as adults if they just aged characters at a reasonable pace. It would also solve the problem of what to do with 500 X-Men characters hanging around with nothing to do while they still keep crankin' out new ones.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Probably Magic posted:

It'd be much cooler if it were some random kid who finds out, "Holy poo poo, my dad was WOLVERINE?!" To a point, that's what happened to Logan anyway in his origin. Mirror that instead of making another stab in, "Logan's regretful past bites him in the rear end again."

This is basically Ultimate Comics X iirc

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I can't bring myself to read the issue again but are they implying that Raze is running around as an kid right now?

Yes. They showed Mystique popping out Xavier Jr. in the last issue and this one implies that apparently Raze is just a year older. Which means that drat, she had Wolverine's kid and then immediately went on to have another with Xavier. Either she is just trying to single-handedly repopulate the mutant race or she just really doesn't believe in safe sex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Yes. They showed Mystique popping out Xavier Jr. in the last issue and this one implies that apparently Raze is just a year older. Which means that drat, she had Wolverine's kid and then immediately went on to have another with Xavier. Either she is just trying to single-handedly repopulate the mutant race or she just really doesn't believe in safe sex.

Moira's been dead a long rear end time though. And that was a really long time before HoM.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Has there been anything that showed Logan and Laura bonding in a family way? I read all the X-force stuff with them, and other stuff surrounding schism, but there's things here and there, but nothing where he legitimately acts like a dad to her, but all the materials i've read describing their relationship, says its very father/daughter.

He took her to a carnival at the start of her solo series and offered to adopt her. Ironically, Gambit was the one who round up playing the 'mentor to the new teen X-man' role for most of the book.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

Moira's been dead a long rear end time though. And that was a really long time before HoM.

Marvel Time, man. Moira's likely been dead... oh, say three years at the very most.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

When Emma dug up Xavier's memories of Moira during Legacy, he was really sad about having to relive her death.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yvonmukluk posted:

He took her to a carnival at the start of her solo series and offered to adopt her. Ironically, Gambit was the one who round up playing the 'mentor to the new teen X-man' role for most of the book.

Yea, I remember Gambit is the one who gave her a place to live briefly before Wolverine started up the Jean Grey School. I remember that from the issues were she babysat the Richards kids.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I remember Gambit is the one who gave her a place to live briefly before Wolverine started up the Jean Grey School. I remember that from the issues were she babysat the Richards kids.

That entire series was pretty great, but that arc especially was a lot of fun.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
I just read the latest All-New X-Men, and am still confused by Jean's new power. What exactly is it, besides spraying orange junk all over the panel? Or purple stuff, I can't remember.

Did she just summon X-23 and stitch up her abdomen or something?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mystique seems like the type who would probably keep some DNA samples on ice for gross purposes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Marvel Time, man. Moira's likely been dead... oh, say three years at the very most.

Well the narration boxes in the last issue put Xavier Jr's birth at a year before the current conflict. So I guess Mystique could've hooked up with Prof X in the guise of Moira approximately 9 months before that. So with Marvel time dilation™, I'd say you're either right on the money and guess either Moira's been dead about 3 years... or Charles Xavier is a moron who just assumed "Welp, death's a rotating door anyway, I guess it's about time you're back Moira, let's have sex"

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury

TwoPair posted:

Well the narration boxes in the last issue put Xavier Jr's birth at a year before the current conflict. So I guess Mystique could've hooked up with Prof X in the guise of Moira approximately 9 months before that. So with Marvel time dilation™, I'd say you're either right on the money and guess either Moira's been dead about 3 years... or Charles Xavier is a moron who just assumed "Welp, death's a rotating door anyway, I guess it's about time you're back Moira, let's have sex"

Just cause she looked like Moira while giving birth doesn't mean she looked like her during the act of conception.

Reasons for looking like Moira during birth: misdirecting readers? Mystique truly likes messing with our heads that way.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Now, didn't she say something like "I'm sorry Charles, I can't do it" when X Jr was born? Maybe, because Comic Books, Charles foresaw his own death and booked some time with Mystique's uterus to drum himself up a shiny new clone body (explaining why X Jr looks just like Charles) and when the baby was born, Mystique had a crisis of conscience and decided she couldn't plug the Professor X Backup Soul Drive into the baby at the cost of its natural soul or whatever.

It's stupid, but still less stupid than a lot of X-stuff.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That is a reference to Mystique giving the kid up for adoption.

I still find it really weird he isn't Legion's son - wasn't he introduced as Xavier's grandson? It would be a total mindfuck if he was Legion's son, X-men kill his grandfather and are totally fine with his father being deleted from existence.

Oh no now I'm picturing BoTA being written by Spurrier and it would actually be good. Argh.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis had yet another twist regarded Xavier Jr. planned for the end of this silly storyline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You seriously don't see how Chuck's gonna taker over his body?

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Rhyno posted:

You seriously don't see how Chuck's gonna taker over his body?

If that happens the future kid will fall into a coma until they wanna bring him back. It'd be ridiculous to bring him back this soon, especially with the whole "Last Will & Testament of Charles Xavier" storyline starting up soon.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Gumby posted:

I just read the latest All-New X-Men, and am still confused by Jean's new power. What exactly is it, besides spraying orange junk all over the panel? Or purple stuff, I can't remember.

Did she just summon X-23 and stitch up her abdomen or something?

It dosen't make any sense for her to have a new power to begin with. Was there anything Jean Grey couldn't do?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaleidoscope posted:

If that happens the future kid will fall into a coma until they wanna bring him back. It'd be ridiculous to bring him back this soon, especially with the whole "Last Will & Testament of Charles Xavier" storyline starting up soon.

The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier: "By the time you read this, I will already be alive again. Ha ha, ha ha ha, ha," and well it just goes on like that.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Bendis is obviously jealous that he didn't get to write his "Xavier is a dick" story that everyone else did 5-10 years ago, so here we go again!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Web Jew.0 posted:

Was there anything Jean Grey couldn't do?
Be interesting.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Diet Poison posted:

Now, didn't she say something like "I'm sorry Charles, I can't do it" when X Jr was born? Maybe, because Comic Books, Charles foresaw his own death and booked some time with Mystique's uterus to drum himself up a shiny new clone body (explaining why X Jr looks just like Charles) and when the baby was born, Mystique had a crisis of conscience and decided she couldn't plug the Professor X Backup Soul Drive into the baby at the cost of its natural soul or whatever.

It's stupid, but still less stupid than a lot of X-stuff.

One thing I've always wondered about is what happened to the first body that the Shi'Ar cloned for Xavier. Is it on ice somewhere? Or did they bury or cremate it after the cloning process? It's creeps me out.

Maybe Mystique found it and . . . did some gross stuff.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

It was disposed of in accordance with time honored Shi'ar death rites, fired into a newly cleaned sliding glass door and then feed to a neighborhood cat.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Cabbit posted:

It was disposed of in accordance with time honored Shi'ar death rites, fired into a newly cleaned sliding glass door and then feed to a neighborhood cat.

Heh, took me a second. That's good stuff. Also tangentially reminded me of one of my favorite lines from The Crow movie: "Caw! Caw! Bang! gently caress, I'm dead!". If only Deathbird and some of the other boring Shi'Ar characters could go out that way...

More on topic, I do hope the future Brotherhood gets torn up, and we don't see them again. Probably won't get that lucky if Bendis gets stuck on them as antagonists. I'm also totally in agreement that Beast has/will betray the team via their totally fool-proof letters-to-our-future-selves scheme. Oh well, maybe we'll have our next Charlie X body, once the Axis event is over and his brain is pulled outta the Red Skull's dome.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 15, 2014

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Madrox posted:

Heh, took me a second. That's good stuff. Also tangentially reminded me of one of my favorite lines from The Crow movie: "Caw! Caw! Bang! gently caress, I'm dead!". If only Deathbird and some of the other boring Shi'Ar characters could go out that way...

More on topic, I do hope the future Brotherhood gets torn up, and we don't see them again. Probably won't get that lucky if Bendis gets stuck on them as antagonists. I'm also totally in agreement that Beast has/will betray the team via their totally fool-proof letters-to-our-future-selves scheme. Oh well, maybe we'll have our next Charlie X body, once the Axis event is over and his brain is pulled outta the Red Skull's dome.

I want them to end the Brotherhood by the X-Men finding the Mystique kids and have them raised in loving homes. End it all with the power of love!

corillon fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 15, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So while I knew what was going on in Uncanny Xmen, the issue was really badly disjointed and didn't mesh with the last issue at all. It was like it went back at retconned the end of the last issue by a few minutes.

I did like Scott telling Logan to trust Quentin for a moment, as Quentin has come to trust Logan.

Future calling out Betsy for being a fake ninja and a white girl in a japanese girls body was pretty amusing too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Why is no one talking about that Doop picture from Wolverine & The X-Men? You know the one I'm talking about. I want that airbrushed on the side of a van.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

Why is no one talking about that Doop picture from Wolverine & The X-Men? You know the one I'm talking about. I want that airbrushed on the side of a van.

It was too awesome to put into words.

He's even got a TIGER!!!!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

twistedmentat posted:

So while I knew what was going on in Uncanny Xmen, the issue was really badly disjointed and didn't mesh with the last issue at all. It was like it went back at retconned the end of the last issue by a few minutes.

I did like Scott telling Logan to trust Quentin for a moment, as Quentin has come to trust Logan.

Future calling out Betsy for being a fake ninja and a white girl in a japanese girls body was pretty amusing too.

Huh? What were you reading? Cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't the new Uncanny X-Men, which was pretty good, although the big drawn out "just who is the villainous mastermind" was over and done with pretty drat quickly. The actual text, something like "there are far too many versions of us running around" made me smile, though. And Hijack saved the day, in typical "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for these meddling new X-Men, whose power sets I don't know" fashion.
edit: Now that I've gotten around to it, you were talking about plain ol' adjectiveless X-Men. I literally forget everything about that comic every month until I read the new one. And now that Bromo Superior looks to have wrapped up, I'm done with it.

I'll be happy when this WatX arc wraps up. Too many fake-rear end futures to keep straight.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 19, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Diet Poison posted:

Huh? What were you reading? Cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't the new Uncanny X-Men, which was pretty good, although the big drawn out "just who is the villainous mastermind" was over and done with pretty drat quickly. The actual text, something like "there are far too many versions of us running around" made me smile, though. And Hijack saved the day, in typical "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for these meddling new X-Men, whose power sets I don't know" fashion.

I'll be happy when this WatX arc wraps up. Too many fake-rear end futures to keep straight.

It hit all the right notes to fix the situation that the story was in, but I felt it jumped around a lot. The story was good, but the presentation was lacking.

And I realized that the reason it rewound time was to show Hijack, oops.

It did continue the theme of the powers that be going "maybe we shouldn't poo poo on mutants so much?" Not quite as ringing of an endorsement like Thors in the last issue of Uncanny Avengers, but Hill at least got it though her head they need to work with them not against them.

Oh and hey, peoples powers will be back to normal now!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Thank God for that. Dark Beast showing up out of nowhere just to die was kind of weird, though, unless I'm forgetting an earlier appearance.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

twistedmentat posted:

Never even thought of this. gently caress do I ever hope it's true.

And re: Dark Beast: No, that was totally out of nowhere. I don't even remember the last time we saw him. Uncanny X-Force?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

So Bendis just did a reveal with no build-up at all? God I'm glad I stopped reading his X-books.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

twistedmentat posted:

That whole thing is so dumb. It lasted 20 issues, maybe tying in to some big climactic event, then it turns out to be literally NANOMACHINES. In one line and a poop joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For a moment I thought it was going to be revealed to be Cassandra Nova, because last time there was nano-sentinels she was behind it.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
What the gently caress, Bendis? I don't think this explains the hosed-up powers, but... Dark Beast? Really? Has the Age of Apocalypse been mentioned in this book AT loving ALL?

Wow.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I don't know whether he had always been this bad and I didn't notice it before, but it feels like Bendis has stopped giving a poo poo since he started his X-Men run. The big underlying plot that's been running for two years randomly gets solved in two panels and it's... nanomachines and Dark Beast (who is terminally ill now for some reason)? Did he just pick two random things out of a hat and call it a day?

My biggest problem with Bendis right now, beyond all else, is that he really doesn't seem to give a poo poo about the stories he's writing anymore. It always feels like he's writing in the heat of the moment, without regard to what anyone else is doing or what he was writing a few months ago. I'm sure he has his run planned out, but so far this whole thing has felt really improvised, in a bad way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But, really, yeah, if you saw this presentation, he is far more invested in his own projects than this run. Why is he even writing X-Men in the first place is a mystery when he clearly does not give a poo poo. Here, people (at least me) assumed he was the one who picked the X-Men as his new toys to ruin and not someone at Marvel who told him to go do it, but the latter is looking more like the case the longer this circus of mediocrity continues.

No one mildly invested could write something as abysmal as this latest issue. Not even Chuck Austen at his worst showed so little interest in the crap he was shoving out -- yes, it was the worst garbage, but you at least felt he did care about said garbage.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 19, 2014

• Locked thread