Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

PadreScout posted:

Leveling in ArcheAge again. If you wanna see what the lower levels are like, get a feel for the game watch the stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/padrescout

Is he using his mouse pointer to click and drag the view around as he moves or does he have something set?

When I get close into my char like that I find I'm constantly micro-adjusting my viewing angle with the mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

sct posted:

Streaming again: http://www.twitch.tv/sctx

We are launching our Eznan Cutter tonight at 7PM EST. Ill stream the event, of course.

Sooooooo early! Us west coast people are sad.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

Is he using his mouse pointer to click and drag the view around as he moves or does he have something set?

When I get close into my char like that I find I'm constantly micro-adjusting my viewing angle with the mouse.

I'm just using the mouse.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Did anyone watch the Trion stream just now?

I opened it and the first thing I hear is "and the winner is Phosphia!".

What did I win? :v:

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Goons and boats

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Join the navy they said...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

sct posted:

We are launching our Eznan Cutter tonight at 7PM EST. Ill stream the event, of course.

This is happening now, we are murdering boats with cannons.

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...

Interstellar Owl posted:

So what's the consensus on this so far? Debating on buying in on the Alpha myself.

It's not bad. I personally hate the Korean feel of it - but the griefing and rear end hat potential is off the charts.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

sct posted:

This looks really awesome. Any europeans playing the US alpha? What's the ping like?

Sie
Apr 26, 2009

Estraysian posted:

This looks really awesome. Any europeans playing the US alpha? What's the ping like?

Of the little that I have played of it so far, I've not had any issues from the UK.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Looking for guild invite for West, in as Bondematt.

Edit: :stare: Well that was fast

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Estraysian posted:

Same, I'm currently sniping dudes from the big ship and it's pretty fine

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm a bit confused as to why the game is in "alpha" when it's already launched overseas? Were there heavy changes besides localization, or what?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Deki posted:

I'm a bit confused as to why the game is in "alpha" when it's already launched overseas? Were there heavy changes besides localization, or what?

Localisation, Changing of systems to fit with western MMO styles

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Stormgale posted:

Changing of systems to fit with western MMO styles

Ok, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why they were doing a long, expensive alpha if they're not actually developing anything.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Deki posted:

Ok, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why they were doing a long, expensive alpha if they're not actually developing anything.

That and they have to change the games infrastructure to work over a wider area, for example they are changing how some abilities work to work better with higher latency.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
You guys owe me a loving boat

clandestine cactus
Feb 5, 2009

Hot Rope Guy

Sh4 posted:

You guys owe me a loving boat

Goon on Goon violence is the best violence.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Nothing like a large group of goons calling out "Anchors Aweigh" and "Contact, port side"

:911:

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
I logged out on a random island with my trade pack. I'm really out of it due to taking a few T3s but I'll be on later... if you guys are still out in the ocean.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also they still need to integrate the 1.0 and possibly the 1.2 patches into the build before releasing it.

Guuse
May 11, 2009
Could I get a west guild invite please? Character name is Ferdyn.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

What's the best way to cross the sea? I have a harpoon clipper and tried crossing it from Solis but I got swarmed by Seabugs. Do I just cross it in a party or stop and kill whatever bugs jump on my ship?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

KaneTW posted:

What's the best way to cross the sea? I have a harpoon clipper and tried crossing it from Solis but I got swarmed by Seabugs. Do I just cross it in a party or stop and kill whatever bugs jump on my ship?

You can usually avoid the bugs if you are watching and skirt around them - as long as you don't plow right through the middle of a group you can usually outrun any of the mobs out there.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.
So tonight was absolutely amazing. We finished Robs boat and took her out for her first voyage. Total packs stolen tonight? 27!

Here is one of the first large battles we had. http://www.twitch.tv/m/495150

If this doesn't convince you to buy the game nothing will.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Captaining the Goon Roger was a pleasure, netting us about 27 trade pack.

Now if only we can train the rest of the crew to not jump into the water all willy nilly....

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

5/1/2014 was a successful day.

Warmed up our ships up with some olympics.

Built a bigass ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwgjJy46Umw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzuAr4bOtQ

Stole multiple hours worth of labor and sold it.

And finally returned home safe, with some extra booty.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I got to watch the boat gymnastics followed by the goon rendition of the Battle of Manila Bay at work tonight. It was glorious.

My new video card should be here tomorrow to replace my dying 560, and then I'll be leveling up my guy over the weekend and hitting up the guild for an invite.

I'm in as Grimhowl, still trying to figure out what build I'm going to go with. Currently Battlerage/Auramancy, undecided on a third (as I'm still sub level 10).

Choibai
Jan 10, 2009

kloa posted:

For those of you freezing every few seconds, switch to dx9 and you should be good to go.

Awesome thanks. Not sure why dx11 would cause this as my system was running the game at a consistent 60fps but the change to dx9 did the trick.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

sct posted:

So tonight was absolutely amazing. We finished Robs boat and took her out for her first voyage. Total packs stolen tonight? 27!

Here is one of the first large battles we had. http://www.twitch.tv/m/495150

If this doesn't convince you to buy the game nothing will.

video needs to be in the OP

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Got my 770 in today. Game looks awesome at the highest settings and at 80+ FPS. Lemon King's tweaks dip it lower than I like. Now I'm contemplating losing my 2500k for a new processor and motherboard. :negative:

But it'll be worth it when I get this monitor!! http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UM95-P-ultrawide-monitor

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Add this to your collection of Archeage vides https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A857QUl_gY4&t=75s Dancing cats with cars.
So how do the gliders interact? Can you shoot them down?

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Anyone else's game lag to like 10 fps whenever they try to place crops on their farm? I'm getting a constant 50-60 fps at literally every other part of the game, which makes this especially weird.

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

I can't figure this out as there isn't a visible option (if it's even possible). Is there any way to disable timestamps in the chat windows?

Krieger
Jun 7, 2008

You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.
Was great fun last night with the boat and about the 30 or so goons that piled on to it.

I think that is the thing that makes this MMO considerably more fun than a lot of the more recent ones I've played. I logged on last night, hardly did any leveling and instead was planting crops, then suddenly off on a galleon of goons stealing precious cargo from other players. Whilst shuffling.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Considering Trion's other titles do you think monetization will be sensible? I think all the bad changes in the Korean version happened because XLgames is too dumb for proper monetization.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

I noticed Bondbreaker in the Battlerage tree no longer gives -50% physical reduction and Shrug It Off in Auramancy no longer gives -50% magic reduction after today's patch.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Considering Trion's other titles do you think monetization will be sensible? I think all the bad changes in the Korean version happened because XLgames is too dumb for proper monetization.

Depends on how they decide to run the game. If they run it like Rift, yeah, should be pretty sensible. If they run it like Defiance, this game is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Willias posted:

Depends on how they decide to run the game. If they run it like Rift, yeah, should be pretty sensible. If they run it like Defiance, this game is hosed.

Was literally about to post this myself but I hit refresh first.

Rift is an excellent example of F2P done right but Defiance is a train wreck in every way imaginable. You'd really think it was done by a different company considering how hosed up it is.

• Locked thread