Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
im retarded. where can i find love???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I am really fascinated by how someone can obviously know something is wrong, and know that everyone else knows it's wrong, but still cling to the pretense that it's right.

If she actually thought FC worked, she could get out of this entire mess by having another FC wizard come in and demonstrate this vegetable's alleged intelligence and his consent to their "relationship". If it worked, that would work. She'd be able to do that. She hasn't, and to my knowledge she hasn't even tried. She won't, because she knows she can't, because she knows it's bullshit. Any impartial observer can clearly see this, and she must realise that, so why keep pretending it's really true?

This would actually be a good tactic for her to use in court, precisely because it is bullshit. Another FC practitioner would obviously, without any coaching necessary, claim that the guy really wants to tell everybody FC works and the lady is his twoo wuv, thus corroborating her story. They wouldn't be able to independently confirm details or whatever, though, so they'd probably get slaughtered on cross-examination.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

loquacius posted:

This would actually be a good tactic for her to use in court, precisely because it is bullshit. Another FC practitioner would obviously, without any coaching necessary, claim that the guy really wants to tell everybody FC works and the lady is his twoo wuv, thus corroborating her story. They wouldn't be able to independently confirm details or whatever, though, so they'd probably get slaughtered on cross-examination.

thankfully the judge declared his court a no ventriloquist zone.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I heard some moron at burning man talking to the cleanup crew saying something like "when I look at the faces of the people I put my hands on I know I have made their lives better, I can see it in their expression". It seems like this really prevalent thing for undercover cops to have a specific need to make physical contact with people when they want to establish a groundpath with for the purposes of reading DNA, then the typical excuse when confronted is that they are some kind of psychotic sex pervert or brainwashed cult personality. Sure, they can stereotype an entire generation as a myriad of mentally disturbed rapists, that's cool, we'll tolerate that. I don't know if anyone here has tried to go up to a random person in the streets and pet them like a dog, but I'm guessing it wouldn't work out so well for them. Anyways that's my 2 cents, seems like this rape and molestation thing has gone big time and it seems the most common cop-out is the crazy sex pervert persona. hosed up times when people would rather be known as a rapist than a cop, really gives you a bearing on the public opinion of military/police in America.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I heard some moron at burning man talking to the cleanup crew saying something like "when I look at the faces of the people I put my hands on I know I have made their lives better, I can see it in their expression". It seems like this really prevalent thing for undercover cops to have a specific need to make physical contact with people when they want to establish a groundpath with for the purposes of reading DNA, then the typical excuse when confronted is that they are some kind of psychotic sex pervert or brainwashed cult personality. Sure, they can stereotype an entire generation as a myriad of mentally disturbed rapists, that's cool, we'll tolerate that. I don't know if anyone here has tried to go up to a random person in the streets and pet them like a dog, but I'm guessing it wouldn't work out so well for them. Anyways that's my 2 cents, seems like this rape and molestation thing has gone big time and it seems the most common cop-out is the crazy sex pervert persona. hosed up times when people would rather be known as a rapist than a cop, really gives you a bearing on the public opinion of military/police in America.

DJ??????

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Can someone sum up for the lazy (me) how exactly this was reveled to everyone? Like we are talking about someone who literally can't talk. Did someone walk in?

Like Ahh Fugg posted what comes from her to the New York Times. But how do you get caught in the first place?

I can only assume that she told everyone that they did it, happily... And if that's the case that amount of delusion she has is larger than goatse rear end in a top hat.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nude posted:

Can someone sum up for the lazy (me) how exactly this was reveled to everyone? Like we are talking about someone who literally can't talk. Did someone walk in?

Like Ahh Fugg posted what comes from her to the New York Times. But how do you get caught in the first place?

I can only assume that she told everyone that they did it, happily... And if that's the case that amount of delusion she has is larger than goatse rear end in a top hat.

She said she raped him because it was better than what she really did.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Nude posted:

Exactly 100% this. To DJ's horrified parents. She told them so they could support and bless "their" decision to pursue the relationship openly and full time

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Serrath posted:

Exactly 100% this. To DJ's horrified parents. She told them so they could support and bless "their" decision to pursue the relationship openly and full time

Well thanks for answering. Jesus Christ.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Serrath posted:

Literally over dinner, I think.:laffo:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

anna stands behind DJ in the witness stand, drinking a glass of water while 'he' testifies to the insightfulness of her essays.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

woah

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:haw:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Nude posted:

The only thing she's deluded about is how easily others are fooled. For reasons I just explained, it is not possible that she legitimately believes FC is a real thing.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

The only thing she's deluded about is how easily others are fooled. For reasons I just explained, it is not possible that she legitimately believes FC is a real thing.
I'm willing to put her in the "totally fuckin' batshit" column. This is a woman who goes to plays about disabled black people being oppressed in between writing essays on how disability is a conspiracy to oppress black people. She was well into broke-brained white guilt territory before this even started, and even if she doesn't think FC is real, she really does think that what she says he's saying is what he's thinking.

She's stuck in some self-aggrandizing feedback loop where profoundly disabled black people are so innately perfect that of course she falls in love with a profoundly disabled black man, and she's so amazing for understanding their plight that of course he loves her back, and of course he has all the same opinions as her, because her opinions are perfect and of course an innately perfect being like her diaper-making GBS threads beau would have them too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I'm willing to put her in the "totally fuckin' batshit" column. This is a woman who goes to plays about disabled black people being oppressed in between writing essays on how disability is a conspiracy to oppress black people. She was well into broke-brained white guilt territory before this even started, and even if she doesn't think FC is real, she really does think that what she says he's saying is what he's thinking.

She's stuck in some self-aggrandizing feedback loop where profoundly disabled black people are so innately perfect that of course she falls in love with a profoundly disabled black man, and she's so amazing for understanding their plight that of course he loves her back, and of course he has all the same opinions as her, because her opinions are perfect and of course an innately perfect being like her diaper-making GBS threads beau would have them too.

Also, someone posted a few pages back that it turns out her mother invented FC, so probably a good reason she would believe it entirely there, if true.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Also, someone posted a few pages back that it turns out her mother invented FC, so probably a good reason she would believe it entirely there, if true.

I just had a chilling premonition of her daughter's future :ohdear:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

loquacius posted:

I just had a chilling premonition of her daughter's future :ohdear:

its really good that she's going to the clink for that very reason

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

RFC2324 posted:

I don't think that's 100% accurate, but her mother certainly was an early/lifelong proponent of FC.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I hate fat Rosie

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah this is wrong. FC was invented in Denmark and mostly took hold in Australia.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Heath posted:

Yeah this is wrong. FC was invented in Denmark and mostly took hold in Australia.

This statement lead to me look up a little more info, and holy poo poo, how is this still legal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facilitated_communication#Sexual_abuse_allegations_and_facilitator_misconduct

This Stubblefield case isn't even the most recent case of abuse due to FC

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Captain Yossarian posted:

I hate fat Rosie

same

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

RFC2324 posted:

This statement lead to me look up a little more info, and holy poo poo, how is this still legal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facilitated_communication#Sexual_abuse_allegations_and_facilitator_misconduct

This Stubblefield case isn't even the most recent case of abuse due to FC

Molesting retards for fun and profit.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
For all the dumb fucks that piss and moan about the SJW menace this pity > love > abuse cycle seems a much more compelling argument

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Dreddout posted:

Malcom XXY

god drat

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

quote:

On February 3, 2010, Gigi Jordan of New York was found by police in the Peninsula New York Hotel. She was incoherent from a drug overdose. Jude Mirra, her 8-year-old son, was also found, dead from a mixture of painkillers and anti-inflammatories which Jordan force-fed him. Jordan, at the time, was under the impression Mirra wanted to die because of alleged sexual abuse typed out during sessions involving FC. Despite testifying that she was "by Jude's side at all hours of the day," Jordan believed the biological father, her ex-husband, had been abusing the boy for years and that Mirra's diagnosis of autism was actually a catatonic psychosis brought on by the alleged abuse. To Jordan, the killing was "altruistic filicide"; a mercy killing.[134][135]

Jude, who was diagnosed with autism, was not able to speak. Jordan indicated that Mirra, through FC, had told her "I need a lot of drugs to die peacefully" and "I wish you do it soon." Although Jordan and Mirra communicated by typing together on a Blackberry, no witnesses ever observed Mirra type by himself. In reviewing typed messages provided by Jordan of her son's disclosures, court officials questioned whether Mirra had the capacity to understand or spell words like "aggressively" and "sadistic".[134][136]

Jordan also believed her second ex-husband, a pharmaceutical executive, was stealing millions of dollars from her and wanted her killed. Both men denied the accusations. No evidence of any crimes committed in connection with the case were found against either of the two men.[134] In November, 2014, the jury accepted Jordan's claim of extreme emotional disturbance and found her guilty of first-degree manslaughter in the death of her son.[134]
:catstare:

lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Jesus Christ

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i cant even think of a joke for that story gently caress

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

i cant even think of a joke for that story gently caress

>kill youre famil

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I'm willing to put her in the "totally fuckin' batshit" column. . . . even if she doesn't think FC is real, she really does think that what she says he's saying is what he's thinking.

I guess I could see that.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

*Mother, slapping a young autistic boys limp wrist against an ipad:* stop killing urself, stop killing urself.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

im gaye posted:

>kill youre famil

thanks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

maybe its like a zombaby thing. you can only call it/self rationalize it as a the metaly broken offspring as "miracles" for so long. eventualy you break. thats what i think happend to her.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Dreddout posted:

Molesting retards for fun and profit.

http://www.touchingbase.org/

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
Hmm, from that other case where a 51 year old woman was molesting a similarly disabled 21 year old dude.

quote:

In another incident she admitted she "play wrestled with him on the bed" and "touched his penis and had also done so with her mouth".

quote:

Defence lawyer Anna Smith, from Bosscher Lawyers, called for Ms Schweiger to be placed on community service and have no conviction recorded as she hoped to one day return to her role.

Yeah that seems reasonable and cool. It's actually really unfortunate because these are straight up the most vulnerable people in society, utterly unable to (legitimately) communicate about the abuse to anyone. In both cases the abusers were only discovered and arrested because they mentioned the rape/assault to non-insane people.

It's a crime where being caught is basically at your own discretion, makes you wonder how common this weird poo poo is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Are the facilitated communicators all women?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Heath posted:

Are the facilitated communicators all women?

predominantly

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

If she actually thought FC worked, she could get out of this entire mess by having another FC wizard come in and demonstrate this vegetable's alleged intelligence and his consent to their "relationship". If it worked, that would work. She'd be able to do that. She hasn't, and to my knowledge she hasn't even tried.

The judge blocked expert testimony on FC. It's in the article from the OP:

NYT Magazine posted:

Each side called in outside experts to meet with D.J.: Howard Shane of Harvard for the prosecution and Rosemary Crossley for the defense. But before the trial began, the judge ruled that facilitated communication failed New Jersey’s test for scientific evidence. That put Anna’s defense team in a legal straitjacket.

And I wouldn't be so hard on the daughter. She's a teenager who can't cope with her mom being a rapist, and she's yet another victim of her mom's actions. Even going by the rapist's loony worldview, she callously hosed over her daughter by "making love" to someone who "appears" to be unable to consent. (Either that, or the mom is so deluded she thought literally everyone would hail her as a hero.)

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wasn't the daughter originally a normal teenage girl until her mother prescribed her so many drugs it permanently altered her brain chemistry to turn her into whatever the gently caress she is now

pretty sure someone said that earlier in this thread

• Locked thread