Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

rock your body right
back street's back, alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUwWMPW0gU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

no they will not posted:

Smack My Bitch Up

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

There, finished Phantom Blood.

I'm actually surprised how little was actually cut, yet it felt so much faster than the manga.

Bruford still demonstrating Real Recognize Real. Zeppeli's death WAY more brutal than I remembered. Tarkus owned. Jonathan even more obviously just Kenshiro when animated.

Teaser of Kars right at the end of episode 9 got me hyped for Battle Tendency.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Pretty sure that's Santana.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I'm starting in on early Stardust Crusaders...Jotaro is a complete rear end! old Joseph is the best JoJo.

Edit: I love the implication that Jotaro wasn't 100% sure that his Stand would stop the bullet.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 6, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

jivjov posted:

So I'm starting in on early Stardust Crusaders...Jotaro is a complete rear end! old Joseph is the best JoJo.

Edit: I love the implication that Jotaro wasn't 100% sure that his Stand would stop the bullet.

Jotaro really grows on you, especially if you subscribe to the theory that he's always trying to think of awesome one-liners, and that's why he's so quiet. And he's really just a mama's boy at heart.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

hoobajoo posted:

Jotaro really grows on you, especially if you subscribe to the theory that he's always trying to think of awesome one-liners, and that's why he's so quiet. And he's really just a mama's boy at heart.

Yeah, I loved what I saw of Jotaro from D'Arby the Gambler forward; he just starts out really...harsh

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There, finished Phantom Blood.

I'm actually surprised how little was actually cut, yet it felt so much faster than the manga.

Bruford still demonstrating Real Recognize Real. Zeppeli's death WAY more brutal than I remembered. Tarkus owned. Jonathan even more obviously just Kenshiro when animated.

Teaser of Kars right at the end of episode 9 got me hyped for Battle Tendency.

The cut to the ED when Zeppeli accepts his fate will always be iconic. One of the best anime moments period. God. :perfect:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BaDandy posted:

The cut to the ED when Zeppeli accepts his fate will always be iconic. One of the best anime moments period. God. :perfect:

:agreed:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jotaro is what happens when you grow up without a dad and too many movies.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Jotaro is a good lad who means well, he'd do anything to protect his family as we saw in part 3 and as we see in later parts.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jotaro is what happens when you grow up without a dad and too many movies.

And watching Columbo on a regular basis.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jotaro is Clint Eastwood.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

tubthumping imo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

i actually hated jotaro a lot when i first read the pt3 manga to the point of where i stopped really early but the anime sold me on him from the get-go
it probably has to do with his sick theme and voice
it took me until justice because i'm dumb but once i realized that jotaros entire schtick is that he just asspulls victories in the dumbest, most direct way possible i really started to like him

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

its gonna be Bittersweet Symphony

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Holly inherited the "your next line is" thing from Joseph, and when Jotaro entered his rebellious phase he started throwing out random one-liners and gently caress you mom's to throw her off

Its why when he says "shut up, bitch!" Holly hears [I'm fine mom, don't worry about me]

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

hoobajoo posted:

He fell in the water one time and decided "Man I really want to just do this forever" and then he became a marine biologist and spent the rest of his life playing with dolphins and poo poo. That's just adorable.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jivjov posted:

Yeah, I loved what I saw of Jotaro from D'Arby the Gambler forward; he just starts out really...harsh

it also helps to remember that jotaro is silent most of the time because he's trying to think of goony one liners for every situation

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Jotaro is Clint Eastwood.

It was really awkward when Jotaro spent a marine biology conference arguing with a chair.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

It was really awkward when Jotaro spent a marine biology conference arguing with a chair.

Clint Eastwood was arguing with his stand, [Proud to be an American]

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Clint Eastwood was arguing with his stand, [Clint Eastwood]

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I love Jotaro's new outfit. It's so dumb.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I just remembered that i'll be on a trip this weekend and will have to wait until monday to find out what the ending theme is.

You guys are free to make fun of me if it's not All Star.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clint Eastwood was arguing with his stand, [Lee Van Cleef]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Clint Eastwood was arguing with hamon because he's old as gently caress.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The Stand With No Name

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Stand Torino

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

clint eastwood has an automatic stand called [obama] that others can sometimes see. he's not fond of it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Meant to comment on this yesterday but I was a bit tied up: if you're reading this thread and you're a new fan but you're feeling intimidated because of all these series veterans posting, making in-jokes and telling you to read the manga, please don't be. It's just that we're in the midst of a golden age for Jojo fans the world over and we're all very excited. We love first time reactions, newbie speculation, and liveblogging episodes. Please, join us. If you enjoy Jojo, you're welcome here.

:justpost:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bad Seafood posted:

Meant to comment on this yesterday but I was a bit tied up: if you're reading this thread and you're a new fan but you're feeling intimidated because of all these series veterans posting, making in-jokes and telling you to read the manga, please don't be. It's just that we're in the midst of a golden age for Jojo fans the world over and we're all very excited. We love first time reactions, newbie speculation, and liveblogging episodes. Please, join us. If you enjoy Jojo, you're welcome here.

you should put this in the OP, OP, IMO

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

:yeah:

The Jojo community has been, in my experience, the most eager to embrace new fans of any franchise. When we tell you to read the manga, it isn't from a place of elitism, it's us asking you to come and join us in discussing the series as a whole and appreciating the quality this series has maintained up to the present.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

^^^

I only got into JoJo like 2 years ago but I'm pretty much fully caught up (barring one part) and it's great being able to talk with people discovering the series for the first time and reliving that experience! Also more JoJo discussion is always welcome!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So why does Old Joseph hardly ever bother to use Hamon? He trots it out a couple times, but I would think it would supplement his Stand abilities quite well

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
He's kind of a dope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Most of the Stand users are normal humans.

Thus, Ripple's not very useful.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I read 1-5 back in 2007, killing time during the summer before my first year of college. It was so weird and good, but at that point, all I figured we were ever going to get was the OVAs.

Sometime in 2013, I'd heard that David Production was working Phantom Blood so I synced up with some buddies online and made a lifelong fan out of at least one of them.
Here we are in 2016.

Diamond is Unbreakable is being simulcast.
I can watch it with subtitles on my PlayStation, legally.

What did we do to deserve this? Could Araki be so benevolent?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

jivjov posted:

So why does Old Joseph hardly ever bother to use Hamon? He trots it out a couple times, but I would think it would supplement his Stand abilities quite well

He's got a few moves in the Capcom game that involve using Overdrive or hitting someone with ripple through Hermit Purple's vines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Most of the Stand users are normal humans.

Thus, Ripple's not very useful.

Even if you're not going to sunlight power them to ashes, I thought Ripple stuff still made you hit harder

• Locked thread