Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

blue squares posted:

I really like this idea. Given that there are over 100 new members to my chapter, possibly as many as 200 new people who have turned up at meetings since the election, I don't know if that's doable as a stated, 100% effective service for past members, unless I get some people who sign up to join the committee and help. What I'll do is add this as a goal of the committee provided I get additional people to help with that project. Which is great, because then I have tasks beyond just me for anyone who wants to help with this committee!

Well if there's anyone that would be perfectly situated to grab new members to swell their own ranks, it seems like it would be you! And after the backlog is dealt with, you'd also be perfectly placed to pass them along.

So yeah I wouldn't bother adding the conditional "if I get enough people", just mention that obviously your priority would be packing your own workgroup until you have sufficient manpower to place everyone who needs to be placed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

El Mero Mero posted:

Spotted this on the street in Moldova recently and thought of the good DSA folks in here

This is awesome, thanks for posting it!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

logikv9 posted:

:siren: Hello DSA thread. :siren: Your lovely OP has organized a gangtag for those of you who have donated a minimum of $5 to the DSA, if you choose to have it.

If you would like it, please quote this post along side proof of a donation of sufficient quantity. Proof can be simply quoting an older post you made previously that itself contained donation proof, or if you are a new donor that wants it, quote this post alongside proof of that donation.

I can nearly guarantee that your title will be safe and sound underneath your avatars within five (5) business days, or whenever I check this thread, really. :hai:

also for the OP list, I'm in NYC also - gracias comrades

Crusader has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Feb 22, 2017

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

logikv9 posted:

:siren: Hello DSA thread. :siren: Your lovely OP has organized a gangtag for those of you who have donated a minimum of $5 to the DSA, if you choose to have it.

If you would like it, please quote this post along side proof of a donation of sufficient quantity. Proof can be simply quoting an older post you made previously that itself contained donation proof, or if you are a new donor that wants it, quote this post alongside proof of that donation.

I can nearly guarantee that your title will be safe and sound underneath your avatars within five (5) business days, or whenever I check this thread, really. :hai:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

logikv9 posted:

It's always fun doing this and then wondering what parts actually need mosaicing

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

logikv9 posted:

I got capitalism'd but just wanted to quote and say thank you for this~

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BERNIE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

logikv9 posted:

Thanks!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

logikv9 posted:

:getin:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

also everyone donating to national that's awesome but talk to your local chapters about donating to them. we receive no money from national and often spend out of pocket on printing and other stuff.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

jarofpiss posted:

also everyone donating to national that's awesome but talk to your local chapters about donating to them. we receive no money from national and often spend out of pocket on printing and other stuff.

Wait, really? Money only flows upstream, never down?

That is seriously lame!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GlyphGryph posted:

That is seriously lame!

I imagine at some point with enough donations and members that would change

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

logikv9 posted:

Hello friend

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

thing

ChickenOfTomorrow has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Sep 28, 2021

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
caught up

remember if it doesn't look good post itt for a fix. when i'm doing it it's all in bbcode so idk how it will look when actually applied

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

logikv9 posted:

caught up

remember if it doesn't look good post itt for a fix. when i'm doing it it's all in bbcode so idk how it will look when actually applied

Sorry, I may be retarded but I don't see mine. Am I missing something? :(

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
an admin needs to approve the title changes that I submit, so while it's in the queue you have to wait for an admin to show up :sweatdrop:

It'll take no longer than a few hours and as soon as they click the green check mark it'll show up for everyone

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oh, okay. I'm not retarded! YAY!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Put me down for PA in the OP.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I imagine at some point with enough donations and members that would change

Possibly but I believe chapters can establish local dues in bylaws too. Regardless, national is operating on almost no money for the most part. Hopefully the momentum keeps up and they actually wind up with a budget to work with.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

That is seriously lame!

i think they had like 4 salaried people but are now hiring some additional organizers.

rbefore march last year they were probably operating on an under $200k budget

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

logikv9 posted:

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Very well:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

logikv9 posted:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Also how the gently caress do I get into whatever chat they're using now, I've filled in 3 separate forms

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

apokaladle posted:

Also how the gently caress do I get into whatever chat they're using now, I've filled in 3 separate forms

this thread is the best chat

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

thing

ChickenOfTomorrow has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Sep 28, 2021

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

How do you get into the Rocket Chat? Patience. Remember how long it took to get your DSA card? This is similarly slammed.

Heh I don't think I'll get the card for some time, so point taken. I think the first couple times I tried to get in they were still using Slack too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The infrastructure thing is such a huge problem. :(

There's actually a sign-up here to volunteer with the National Tech Committee. Anyone has anything they could contribute should sign up.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/834542689093820416

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got my rocketchat invite almost instantly.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

logikv9 posted:

also add me to OP for panhandle shithole

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I got my rocketchat invite almost instantly.

I just resubmitted my info and got in pretty much immediately this time, so I'd recommend that to anyone waiting.

Bockscar
Jun 17, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
One of the guys running the meeting tonight has a fuckin tattoo of an Apple Store on his leg... fail

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Woof Blitzer posted:

One of the guys running the meeting tonight has a fuckin tattoo of an Apple Store on his leg... fail

guillotine

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

That, plus my fears of what they'll look like when I hit my advanced years, is why I won't get a tattoo.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

That, plus my fears of what they'll look like when I hit my advanced years, is why I won't get a tattoo.

just get cool tattoos and they look cool even when you're old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

jarofpiss posted:

just get cool tattoos and they look cool even when you're old

Is a sabcat a cool tattoo because