Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Glenn Quebec posted:

How did urine catch the other fleet anyway wasn't he just at kings landing talking poo poo?

lol if you think the people making the show care about things like this. Probably haven't even looked at the dumb map they have at the start of every episode. Danny didn't want to stay on Dragonstone for long, but she was also gonna send half her army to take over Casterly rock like sailing around the entire continent is no biggie. Time and space are whatever the script needs them to be.

Anyway I guess a nice pair of tits makes this a decent episode? I would've liked to like the fight scene but it was so loving dark and shaky it was hard to tell what was happening. Why does everything cool and interesting on this show happen at night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The timeline/distances poo poo is really loving up my enjoyment of the show and that kind of thing usually doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

There's no real coherence in who can be where at a certain point because they just seem to teleport around Westeros to be where ever the plot needs them so literally anyone can end up interacting with anyone, whenever.

It's sloppy writing and has just turned the show into the equivalent of watching someone play a mediocre RPG and use fast-travel a lot.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

StarMinstrel posted:

Cersei's throne and giant empowering crossbow. Doggies and Arya.

i'm the crossbow that looks and functions almost exactly like the crossbow in the hobbit used for the exact same idea of puncturing the weak spot in a mythical dragon

an entire hour and the only well written line was varys explaining that the world as a whole is more important than a blonde who inherited dragon wealth

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want to gently caress Varys right in his plump butthole

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lol that nude scene is a top post on reddit at number four. mission acomplished, show writers.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
From the beginning of the series, I'd believed nothing could be better than imagining Theon getting punched in the face forever.
There was a slight lessening of that when he was Ramsey's bitch, but now I'm back to just wanting him to be face-fisted for eternity.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Panamaniac posted:

From the beginning of the series, I'd believed nothing could be better than imagining Theon getting punched in the face forever.
There was a slight lessening of that when he was Ramsey's bitch, but now I'm back to just wanting him to be face-fisted for eternity.

Jesus, why? Talk about punching down. He's a completely hosed shell of a human being, and you want him to be tortured even more?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I just want Theon to be gone. It's not like he's doing anything except standing around being miserable while his sister keeps reminding him he has no dick.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yeah he was one of the few really havin fun in this episode and is growing on me.

When Thero jumped and he gave a huge laugher, I also laughed at exactly the same time. I feel like he was giving an audience reaction.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Zzulu posted:

I want to gently caress Varys right in his plump butthole

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think Measie Williams hosed up the wolf scene. Nobody can tell what Arya's feeling was supposed to be.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That is, because she is a so called "bad actor"

Bring back Ned and Tywin. They were interesting in every scene they were in

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think Measly Williams was supposed to be scared of wolf and then sad that the wolf left. But I'm not sure.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I liked the goofy boat scene and wish there was more stuff like that than constant talking and overly long sex scenes.

Also what's the point of having dragons if you're not going to use them? Just let them gently caress up a city or two and it would make getting the rest of the people to surrender a lot easier.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Her trying to eat a piece of bread was the weirdest part of the episode.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Her trying to eat a piece of bread was the weirdest part of the episode.

Haha It's true, so true.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Does Ed Sheeran sing another song?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Naysayer: "I'll bet you this season will suck."
Pragmatist: "Euron."

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

chrys needs to upload her imgur review of ep. 2 asap, I'm not watching this crap

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Waltzing Along posted:

You can not ruin what is already ruined.

Sam/Jorah gore scene was over the top.

that poo poo was way funnier than dark age surgery has the right to be

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also what's the point of having dragons if you're not going to use them? Just let them gently caress up a city or two and it would make getting the rest of the people to surrender a lot easier.

I'm going to make a prediction that the sunk fleet is going to make travel times suddenly matter for the Tyrell army so she's gonna have to use her Dothraki and Dragons to seige KL after all, at which point the sweet ballista maester frankenstein invented will be used to kill one.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If a dragon doesn't just take a dump on that stupid ballista and laugh in dr. frankenstein's face i'm going to be a bit upset.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
"Hey what if we just like... Built a BIGGER crossbow?!?" - black magic magician man

I would have preferred some kind of virulent Dragon-poison or something more in keeping with his character's story than "pull one of the ballista off the city wall and call it a day".

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Crazyeyes posted:

"Hey what if we just like... Built a BIGGER crossbow?!?" - black magic magician man

I would have preferred some kind of virulent Dragon-poison or something more in keeping with his character's story than "pull one of the ballista off the city wall and call it a day".

Aside from zombie mountain, this guy comes off as such a hack it's kind of great.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

whatever7 posted:

I think Measie Williams hosed up the wolf scene. Nobody can tell what Arya's feeling was supposed to be.

I thought the wolves just left because they couldn't figure out who the gently caress Arya is. Since she gave up her identity and name to the many faced god, it would make sense imo.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!
if this show was any good bronn would rescue the bad pussy and become king of dorne

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

If Euron could just smash Asha's fleet the way he did, what reason does he have to ally himself with Cersei, especially when she has basically nothing at her disposal? He just wants to marry her that bad? I don't have a handle on what his big picture motives are.

The giant crossbow thing really annoys me as well -- I don't understand why they didn't just go with introducing the dragon horn. I don't think it would've been too late to do so and it would make more sense on multiple narrative levels.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Whoa, you can throw stabby things at animals??? mind blown

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why wouldn't a giant crossbow work exactly? That seems like exactly the kind of weapon you want when flying lizards are coming

Shoot one right in its face

bada bing bada boom, dead dragon

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Cersei is a dick for wrecking that old dragons skull

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Why wouldn't a giant crossbow work exactly? That seems like exactly the kind of weapon you want when flying lizards are coming

Shoot one right in its face

bada bing bada boom, dead dragon

It seems exactly like the kind of weapon to miss said lizard by a few hundred feet and then get absolutely hosed due to 5 minuues reload time.
Whoever is advocating giant crossbows as anti-dragon defense systems is sabotaging that stronghold.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Now put a green fire bomb at the tip of the ballista as well, for an improvised rocket launcher :getin:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
theres no reason why it wouldnt work, but its the most underwhelming solution

"look out, there's a dragon, it's going to take all your skill to beat back this flying behemoth of fire and steel scales-"
"i shoot it with a rocket launcher"
"... it's dead, your adventure is at its end"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It seems exactly like the kind of weapon to miss said lizard by a few hundred feet and then get absolutely hosed due to 5 minuues reload time.
Whoever is advocating giant crossbows as anti-dragon defense systems is sabotaging that stronghold.

Yeah they should use all the other weapons at their disposal, like ???????????????????

Heavy missiles is the only thing they got. Wait for a dragon to get on the ground or start hovering like they've always done so far and then shoot it in its butt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I mean it'd be cool if they had like a wizard with them to fight the dragon or like a gryphon or wyvern but they don't

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

To be fair when the necromancer poison and potion rasputin frankenstein wizard man takes her into the dungeon to show her what he's whipped up to kill dragons it's kind of a let down that the answer is "a real big crossbow."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
please pay attention MOROSN

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
it also implies that in like the thousand years of the targetian dynasty nobody thought of using a ballista to shoot at things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Did anyone outside of Europe come up with the ballista? Or all the other cool european stuff that all the lesser uncool countries failed to come up with