Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So I guess Nevada gets to join Middle Tennessee in the "bumped for an ACC team" corner of the NIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Korranus posted:

So I guess Nevada gets to join Middle Tennessee in the "bumped for an ACC team" corner of the NIT

More like "bumped for a mediocre Big 12 team", but I think Nevada is barely safe.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Cholmondeley posted:

I keep expecting the Carolina meltdown.

Duke is on a 10-0 run, ugh.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Come on UNC don't give this away, I don't want to see even a glimmer of joy on a Duke fan's face

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

USU-UNM is either gonna be a blowout where Merrill and McEwan having 75 and 78 minutes kills them, or a nailbiter where UNM loses in classic dumb UNM fashion.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress Duke

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress Duke

Man, UNC did their best to choke that poo poo away, but couldn't. Happy to see Grayson Allen missing both of the final shots.

gently caress Duke.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Enjoy being a 2 seed Duke. Ha, 2 seeds, do they even let them into the tournament?

e: this is just a long winded fun version of gently caress Duke, to be clear

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 10, 2018

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I'm sure Carolina will have nothing left in the tank for tomorrow, and the Hoos will kill us, but I don't care. gently caress dook.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Korranus posted:

If they put Oklahoma in over MTSU I quit

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress Duke
Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning watch Duke choke like a bunch of fuckers in the evening.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Every Oregon game I've seen this season in the firsth alf has been me saying "wow this team is really bad." But they've won all those games too.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Troy Queef posted:

If they put Oklahoma in over MTSU I quit

I think Trae Young is cool as poo poo, and I still say Oklahoma shouldn't be in the tourney.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Vermont blew the America East final, that's one super dangerous 13 seed gone.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

elentar posted:

Vermont blew the America East final, that's one super dangerous 13 seed gone.

helluva shot from the UMBC guy to win it, though

more danger: Rhody is down 10 at the half to St Joe's

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Lafayette went down to Arlington too, gonna be pretty short of quality in the 13/14 range.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Big Orange

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Great start for UT.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Have yourself a game Mr. Bone

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

GO VOLS GO

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve got a Bone-er

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

It would be pretty funny if Davidson beat the Bonnies and Rhode Island to get in.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

elentar posted:

Lafayette went down to Arlington too, gonna be pretty short of quality in the 13/14 range.

Should be a good NIT on the other hand

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee dominating Arkansas, bring on the Cats.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Good luck New Mexico fans

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Rock Chalk!!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Good luck New Mexico fans

David Hall’s officiating, so I’m not too optimistic.

That being said, hope it’s a good game. SDSU is a good looking team right now.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
UH beat Wake Forest on some last minute Rob Gray heroics in the AAC tourney

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

b0ng posted:

UH beat Wake Forest on some last minute Rob Gray heroics in the AAC tourney

good luck in the AAC Wake, wish you nothing but success out there

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HIT THE GYM, LIGHTFOOT

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well this is a different halftime feeling than last night

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rock chaaaaaaaaaaaalk.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good job SDSU, UNM has it for a second, but just couldn’t keep the pressure up.

Good game though, definitely shows the MWC premier teams are in the upswing again.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Providence having a pretty solid weekend.

edit: maybe not quite solid enough though.

Buffalo looks set in the MAC, they could cause trouble.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 11, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That kid's a dead-eyed assassin

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Kyle Guy is 33% less punchable without the little man bun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Montana's set in the Big Sky.

Danger in C-USA, where Western Kentucky is in danger of letting Marshall into the NCAAs. No one wants that.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
This feeling of pride, is this what you fans of traditionally great teams feel like all the time? Just wondering.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UNC has shot out of their minds for most of this game but it's not going to be enough. Virginia Cavaliers: ACC champion, for only the 3rd time ever. (1976, 2014)

Will be pretty cold comfort though if they get knocked out of the NCAAs early again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Feh. They'll kill whoever the 16th seed is, and after that, every game is little more than a coinflip.

• Locked thread