Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

still no pettis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Ragin' Al will win the championship, then use the post fight interview as a platform to promote his real estate again and quit on the spot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pettis might get an additional 2 hours to make weight, but MMAJunkie guy is saying he saw the Embedded cameras setting up so he thinks something might happen "soon"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This is absolutely wild and there's still plenty of time for more fights to get canned, somehow

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

fuckin khalabeeb

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The question now is will Pettis get an extra 2 hours if he misses weight. New York policy is that for championship fights you can get another 2 hours to make weight, but no one is sure if that rule applies to championship fights that are literally scheduled during the weigh in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am a huge know nothing about weight and fighting but why does a guy annihilate himself to make his naturally 180lbs body 155 when he could just fight middleweight or welterweight

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

bring back the super high quality laser projectors they used to put Conor ane Mendes' faces on the mat. Use that to project a 13 year old playing Super Street Fighter as Guile against computer Zangief on the highest difficulty. Tell us it is Pettis vs Khabib. Save Pettis a weight cut and a lot of pain

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am a huge know nothing about weight and fighting but why does a guy annihilate himself to make his naturally 180lbs body 155 when he could just fight middleweight or welterweight

because the middleweights are making their naturally 205lb bodies dessicate in order to compete with their brethren

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Cuz he'd be tiny in that weight class because of the dudes coming down from 205+ to make 180

Unless everyone stops cutting weight, everyone has to cut weight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
id way rather see raging al fight khabib than pettis. also no wonder artem is so loyal to conor drat lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

After you weighin you can put weight back on, so if you can weigh-in at 155 and you can get yourself back up to 180 for the fight itself that's an advantage over someone who walks around at 155.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Because the guys above and under him are also destroying themselves to cut weight, so middleweight is full of guys coming down from heavy and he'd be the small fish, whereas dropping yourself a class puts you on the larger side of the pool. It's a stupid broken system from top to bottom

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rigel posted:

The question now is will Pettis get an extra 2 hours if he misses weight. New York policy is that for championship fights you can get another 2 hours to make weight, but no one is sure if that rule applies to championship fights that are literally scheduled during the weigh in.

Looks like if he misses weight they are going to give him the extra 2 hours.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wish my richest friend would grab 20 dudes and run up on everyone who is ever mean to me

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

FS1 is scheduled to show some silly poo poo called Monster Energy Supercross during the PPV. Are they contractually required to show that, or can they toss that for free UFC? I'm wondering if the UFC is locked into PPV at this point, especially since they've already made all the .arrangements with cable providers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's Showtime

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The man has his dick out, hopefully it doesn't weigh too much

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rigel posted:

FS1 is scheduled to show some silly poo poo called Monster Energy Supercross during the PPV. Are they contractually required to show that, or can they toss that for free UFC? I'm wondering if the UFC is locked into PPV at this point, especially since they've already made all the .arrangements with cable providers.

Fox and the UFC are uhhh, not on great terms right now.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

if they pull it off the air looks like its 8-10 years in a federal supermax according to the wikipedia article i read

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
man weight cutting is some real tragedy of the commons bullshit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
TOWEL UP

needs to redo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Pettis got to cut 0.2 pounds in 2 hours and we have a "main event"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

They will give him 2 hours. He'll get that last 0.2 pounds easily.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Memento posted:

man weight cutting is some real tragedy of the commons bullshit

I learned a new term today so there's that

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
so like 90 grams?

That's breathing-in-and-out kind of weight

so he'll gently caress it up somehow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Dan Didio posted:

Fox and the UFC are uhhh, not on great terms right now.

What this guy said, the UFC contract is coming up and the backstory is they are shopping around including Netflix was interested.

Emphasis on was.

We haven't even gotten into how this dumpster fire is going to affect corporate negotiations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pettis comes back 1 hour and 59 minutes from now, weighs at 154.9. Suddenly the weight guy notices he hadn't calibrated it properly and now everybody has to come back and do their weigh-ins again. It's just that kind of day.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Memento posted:

so like 90 grams?

That's breathing-in-and-out kind of weight

so he'll gently caress it up somehow

'OK do it fast I'll hold my breath'

'now you're a pound over, what the gently caress dude'

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Pettis is going to walk back up to the scale, perfectly on weight and then pass out getting off of it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Pettis comes back 1 hour and 59 minutes from now, weighs at 154.9. Suddenly the weight guy notices he hadn't calibrated it properly and now everybody has to come back and do their weigh-ins again. It's just that kind of day.

It really is

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, I know Pettis is very tough and game and has a very strong ability to snatch up submissions, but like, he is the one dude on this card who does not need another career-altering beating.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

alright so lets break it down first off start of the week tony furby or wateva the gently caress twists his fuckin ankle or somethin at fox studios that goblin lookin mothafucka is out of the picture, but it's not even the real belt or whatever the gently caress eveyrone knows its like one of those fuckin burger king crowns it dont mean dick. so he's out sittin on his rear end and what does dana white do joe rogan? he puts out the fuckin bat signal and max haddaway this kid is a fuckin mean hawaiin steps up. suddenly that fuckin conor mcgengar is a savage he's out here off the jet wid 20 goons and he comes in he throws da fuckin dolly at khalabeeb so he's in jail and then on the one hand you got haddaway those quack fuckin doctas held him back, now if it were me joe rogan id tell the doc yaint stoppin dick alright? then all of a sudden ya got anthony heppatitis this mothafucka is jus sittin around scratchin his bawls cos he got nobody to fight after coner shattered that winda all over mike chimosas face and fuckin ray burg not ta mention. then you got rose namabahamas or benihanas kamehamehas or whatever fuckin name is shes tryin to mentally prepare for joanna zondaykick shes got that fuckin polish immigrant mentality joe rogan you got enough to worry about widdout people throwin fuckin poo poo atcha

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

That's not enough stuff. I need more.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Also, I know Pettis is very tough and game and has a very strong ability to snatch up submissions, but like, he is the one dude on this card who does not need another career-altering beating.

After seeing Rockhold beat the poo poo out of Chris Weidman and then Bisping beat the poo poo out of Rockhold I'm gonna go ahead and take the anything can happen stance because this sport is wild

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Last time Anthony Pettis fought he tapped out after getting injured getting taken down so hey good luck against Khabib I guess.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

After seeing Rockhold beat the poo poo out of Chris Weidman and then Bisping beat the poo poo out of Rockhold I'm gonna go ahead and take the anything can happen stance because this sport is wild

For sure, I'm just saying, realistically, he's probably going to cop an rear end whooping.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
khabib vs pettis was a very compelling fight in january 2015

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

For sure, I'm just saying, realistically, he's probably going to cop an rear end whooping.

And I get that, I really do - and you're probably right

But on the very small chance he wins? We all win. The perfect end to this shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Mr. Carlisle posted:

And I get that, I really do - and you're probably right

But on the very small chance he wins? We all win. The perfect end to this shitshow.

dreams do not come true in mma

• Locked thread