Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
One of my most vivid footie memories is being in primary school and the teacher putting the radio on for the first match of World Cup 2002, and being amazed at France getting owned in the first game by Diops goal. To 11 year old me there was no way the champs would lose to some nobodies in their first tournament and I remember insisting on being Senegal in playground footie for the rest of the world cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Who's ready to re-open the debate about how racist "negrito" is?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/30/edinson-cavani-fa-investigation-social-media-instagram-post

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Quote not edit

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

very strangely, it was not racist when suarez said it, but it actually is racist now, in my opinion.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

We did this on Discord and it's not good.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s a term of endearment!!!! I’ll print the T-shirt’s

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
You're all my negritos

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Bape Culture posted:

It’s a term of endearment!!!! I’ll print the T-shirt’s

quote:

In the post – which was later deleted – the words “gracias negrito!” are used to thank a follower congratulating Cavani on his performance in the match at St. Mary’s.

how ironic, this one seems to be with good intent but lol you'd think he'd remember how that went for suarez

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Cavani hosed up.

The proper term is negritx

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Out pops a smiling Mason Greenwood

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Cavani hosed up.

The proper term is negritx

Lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the sex ghost posted:

One of my most vivid footie memories is being in primary school and the teacher putting the radio on for the first match of World Cup 2002, and being amazed at France getting owned in the first game by Diops goal. To 11 year old me there was no way the champs would lose to some nobodies in their first tournament and I remember insisting on being Senegal in playground footie for the rest of the world cup

lol @ being born in the 90s

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Automatic eight match ban IMO.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jippa posted:

He didn't win and has a couple of players injured after having a fully fit squad for 2 seasons. Instead of adapting his playstyle like everyone else he just bullies reporters.

Is the reporter ok?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
seems like n*****o really is a term of endearment in Uruguay, King Kenny was right and liverpool should be awarded the 11-12 league title retrospectively

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

the sex ghost posted:

seems like n*****o really is a term of endearment in Uruguay, King Kenny was right and liverpool should be awarded the 11-12 league title retrospectively

It's insane that Cavani saw his international team-mate, Suarez, get banned for this exact same thing and still went ahead and posted it. Next he's going to say that biting is a common sign of respect in Uruguay.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

J Hume posted:

It's insane that Cavani saw his international team-mate, Suarez, get banned for this exact same thing and still went ahead and posted it. Next he's going to say that biting is a common sign of respect in Uruguay.

It's been a long time since I read a hundred-page pdf about Suarez and the exact socio-political implications of 'la concha de tu hermana', but iirc 'negrito' didn't come up anywhere and was just weird newspaper bullshit

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

It's been a long time since I read a hundred-page pdf about Suarez and the exact socio-political implications of 'la concha de tu hermana', but iirc 'negrito' didn't come up anywhere and was just weird newspaper bullshit

I had to look it up, but it talks about the use of the word “negro” and “negrito” in a couple places and they actually said it can be used in an inoffensive way.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

FullLeatherJacket posted:

is this the white paper

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Dutch people frequently still hold and defend Zwart Piet events!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm uniquely qualified on this subject as a Spanish speaker who's also very familiar with racism (due to being a Chelsea supporter)

Cavani saying "Gracias negrito" to a friend is not racist.

Suarez saying "No hablo con los negros" to Evra to wind him up is racist.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

oliwan posted:

is this the white paper

it was actually my dissertation

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I'm uniquely qualified on this subject as a Spanish speaker who's also very familiar with racism (due to being a Chelsea supporter)

Cavani saying "Gracias negrito" to a friend is not racist.

Gracias negrito.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Now I'm remembering the bit where Suarez claimed that he was pinching him in a friendly way and I'm lolling

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1333467194005614593

This is one of those "You have a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain" puzzles, isn't it?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Gracias negrito.

Thanks blackie.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Thanks blackie.

Mods!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What’s the cheapest way to get BT sport for Boxing Day? Now tv through a fire stick or something?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bape Culture posted:

What’s the cheapest way to get BT sport for Boxing Day? Now tv through a fire stick or something?

Illegal streaming is still the cheapest way op

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Nothing wrong with a cheeky christmas peep through the neighbours windows either op

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Nothing wrong with a cheeky christmas peep through the neighbours windows either op

We already know what Ash does up against windows

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Illegal streaming is still the cheapest way op

And nowTV is the jankiest of apps.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1333467194005614593

This is one of those "You have a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain" puzzles, isn't it?

God forbid anyone see the pitch while holding alcohol and turn into a pillar of salt.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1333563459108270080

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
kicking themselves they didnt think of this earlier

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

ilmucche posted:

God forbid anyone see the pitch while holding alcohol and turn into a pillar of salt.

Seriously. Going to NFL games in the last couple of years just highlights how insane it is to still have this ban - any drink related behaviour problems at matches are as much due to the restrictions and overpricing - causing everyone to get smashed in the pub beforehand.

People who wanna try to kill themselves with drink still can.

I say they start trialling it now, and class it up with some warming gluhwein for Xmas.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Don't get these problems at rugby games and you can drink in the stands at those

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They call the ref “sir” it’s beautiful

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Hey guys. I heard Edinson Cavani is a big racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Don't get these problems at rugby games and you can drink in the stands at those

Yes but have you met a rugby fan