Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,

you know you done hosed up right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

learnincurve posted:

I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,

Lol just lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

learnincurve posted:

The dumb flu

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Getting down with the bad posting sickness.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Reminder for ppl in the reports that the Ignore feature is good and cool.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

learnincurve posted:

*Everyone*????

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Loot fairy is still a oval office. Also how can someone not realize what wardeccs are? Dude was asking in chinese why he was able to be shot at.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/102241550/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Normal Barbarian posted:

Mac sometimes I still think about your metal band

I'm still scarred by the unitard

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

Wait, people both A) report inane shitposts just because they don't like it or the poster, and B) Use the ignore feature?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vanadium posted:

Hey could people who screenshot goonfleet dot com forums content please make their browser window a bit narrower, it's a pain to read on a phone if I have to scroll sideways all the time, ty

Hold your phone sideways

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

They must not have blocked prolific white noise poster 1001 Arabian dicks.

Cowards never win.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zodium posted:

The pubbies are reward oriented. They don't care about Mittani at all, because they have no idea who he really is, he's just text and images on their screen. What they care about is participating in and benefiting from the well-oiled machine they've been told Mittani was responsible for building. He isn't, and he never was. If the institution builders can stop being naive, become aware of the limitations to their pragmatic instincts, and act to short circuit his playbook by unequivocally disavowing and permabanning him, there's a small chance of righting the ship. But as that PC Gamer article shows, the windows of opportunity are already closing.

The pubbies care about content wars which are essentially uncontested structure pot shots, and ratting/mining. It's not community building, it's not some sense of in-game communal culture, it's just "where can I spend my in-game time doing what I want to do with the least resistance possible"- which... is in Delve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

The pubbies care about content wars which are essentially uncontested structure pot shots, and ratting/mining. It's not community building, it's not some sense of in-game communal culture, it's just "where can I spend my in-game time doing what I want to do with the least resistance possible"- which... is in Delve.

Don't underestimate the power of turf. People LOVE having and owning space. It's difficult to see if you've disabused yourself of the concept, but most people absolutely love having somewhere of their own.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's a precious thing in Eve to draw a line and defend it.

And to scrub out other people's lines.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Citizen Rat posted:

I really don't want to know anything more about it because as far as I am concerned the very last thing I ever want to know about Alex is that he stole his (ex?) girlfriend's grand piano. He doesn't play the piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpzZnHmrqxA

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Xolve posted:

Cowards never win.

I'm winning at not reading bad posts.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Don't underestimate the power of turf. People LOVE having and owning space. It's difficult to see if you've disabused yourself of the concept, but most people absolutely love having somewhere of their own.

Not just any turf, but really good turf! Where all of the inconvenient aspects of holding and supplying and managing and living in it are handled by Somebody Else, as if by magic.

And not just belonging to a tribe, but the best and strongest tribe.

All the warm bodies wailing and gnashing their teeth about ~oh no our glorious leader~ is very funny because his presence or absence has no inherent impact on their actual day-to-day spacelives or what they value in the organization, but they've allowed themselves to be convinced that he's a key and integral figure, and also that any attack on his behavior is actually an attack on their tribe (and by proxy, them personally) from ~outsiders~.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's never been a motivator for me- the whole empire-building thing just doesn't interest me. Never has.

hailthefish posted:

And not just belonging to a tribe, but the best and strongest tribe.

Most populous tribe and strongest tribe aren't really the same thing.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I'm winning at not reading bad posts.

That's fair- but don't pretend the last 3 EVE posts didn't stay on the first page greatly thanks to Globby bitching about things most people don't care about.

e: pre-coffee zombie brain, also- multi-quote is hard.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 21, 2022

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Zodium posted:

lmao I loving lost it at "He doesn't play the piano."

Right?! There’s a reason I generally don’t let people talk to me about him (beyond the fact that it’s just generally better for my mental health), because it’s the funniest thing I could hear about him. It presents so many questions, each one funnier to contemplate than the last.

I’m kinda surprised this hadn’t come up in the previous thread but I guess it was something the goths knew about that never made it known on the internet. Ah well. Now you do know! And it makes many things much more hilarious.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FirstnameLastname posted:

Reminder: 5 out of 6 of the r/eve mods are also mods of r/conservative and they started invising any comments and posts i made without giving any reason and removing anything by anyone that referred to any specific allegations while leaving up a thread calling xtrasquishy a nazi and did absolutely nothing about people spreading accusations of me doxxing people or people doxxing people on my behalf and invised my posts responding to them

just fyi- reddit ADMINS, not the moderators, started removing posts because it contained real names, and pictures posted without the individuals consent, this is considered doxxing by reddit adminstrators, and the moderators are removing it because, guess what, they don't want the subreddit quarantined. you also have 2 subreddit mods that post itt, some as recently as literally today who can vouch.

Kaysette posted:

someone make the joke

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

someone make the joke

the one where if people used the ignore feature we wouldn't have to deal with the schism crashing down on us?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mekchu posted:

maybe, but again only time will tell if either one of us are correct or not.

how is ganking in EVE/AO these days or did you quit them?

albion is good, has always been good, but the ganking and pvp, although mechanically more fun than eve, is less fun with respect to the griefing aspects, scamming aspects, the meta aspects and the overall effect you have on people and the game. on a note though, albion radars are still a thing and can give you a massive bump up in ganking effectiveness especially when gimmick solo ganking. there are still the cool albion spots where there is decent through traffic where you can just afk til you hear sound effects, alt tab in and then go for the kill, overall 7/10 game

eve ganking is far more impactful, but much harder to get into, and since u can scam people it's also a means to an end

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Micromancer posted:

the one where if people used the ignore feature we wouldn't have to deal with the schism crashing down on us?

no the one where if you can block people harassment doesn't exist

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.
grand theft piano

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Welp, I did a thing and looks like they nuked the thread while I was asleep.

I updated the OP of the 6 year old ratting guide that was the top pinned thread in PVE.

I feel like I did it the most polite way I could, I didn't delete any info, I just added the most comprehensive summary post from the old thread to the OP.

Kinda surprised I'm not banned tbh.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Atrum is lobbying publicly and probably privately too in order to have bans reversed for people who did things that they would normally have been able to get away with.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Durendal posted:

All that Adj post is missing is a tag line at the end that reads “The Mittani sends his regards”

The Adj sends his regards.

Feliday Melody posted:

Atrum is lobbying publicly and probably privately too in order to have bans reversed for people who did things that they would normally have been able to get away with.

Atrum is a good person and hopefully is at least moved to high up in the organization.
I still use his gankmail template whenever I gank someone in high or lowsec, offering protection plans, and asking them to rate on a scale of 1-10 their gank, ending with a 'Yours in Christ'

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

And yet he’s still a punk motherfucker.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/addressing-community-safety

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

quote:

Anyone found breaking EVE Online’s Terms of Service will be blocked from applying for the EVE Online Partnership Program, Council of Stellar Management, Interstellar Services Department, or any other program at the discretion of CCP. Further, we will not officially collaborate, support, or allow them to participate in any CCP-led community contests, tournaments, initiatives, or projects.

quote:

Anyone found breaking the Event Code of Conduct or deemed a danger to others will not be allowed to participate in official player gathering events, such as Fanfest. We also will not officially support or attend player events that harbor such individuals and do not abide by the Event Code of Conduct.

just saying these two things that ccp is rolling out as policies already happen, and are already the way they do things.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Deemed a danger to others not being allowed to attend event screams of “normal person saw those FB posts and is horrified”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If American conservative wanna scream at me for being a leftie snowflake and that Merc should have doubled down then I got some news for them about Iceland

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
deadtear where did you buy your mountain, somewhere in the Carolinas/Appalachia or are you rich AF and bought property out west? I assume the former since you're talking about infinite water and not firestorms and smoke

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

If American conservative wanna scream at me for being a leftie snowflake and that Merc should have doubled down then I got some news for them about Iceland

we get it you passed the turing test, you can use the bot in other threads now

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

show us how to cook, globby

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rudeboy Detective posted:

just boil the ribs ok

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Feliday Melody posted:

Why would A non SA affiliated organization allow SA style poo poo posting?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

a rare good globby post lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

BigPaddy posted:

Why would A non SA affiliated organization allow SA style poo poo posting?

imagine not shitposting 24/7