Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm not gonna yell at anyone. If you pray anything 5 times a day I don't trust you.

same lol if you dont go to the mosque once a year on eid or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shaocaholica posted:

Is it haram to call takbir on climax? What if you’re just jacking it? Gay climax?
Apparently, it's okay to say for basically any reason. That article author said it while eating a kebab, and while taking a poo poo.

These Muslim folk don't seem to take blasphemy very seriously.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nut to Butt posted:

They're an eccentric tribe, and this guy says hallua aardvark hundreds of times a day because he's just like your average normal guy.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
How many times over would Bernie have won

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
yeah what if somebody was passing his stall in the shitter after he had successfully completed making GBS threads his guts out due to stomach flu and heard him utter “allah akbar!” and got the wrong idea

poor guy :qq:

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Nut to Butt posted:

Apparently, it's okay to say for basically any reason. That article author said it while eating a kebab, and while taking a poo poo.

I don't think the Muslims ever had the equivalent of Martin Luther either. So they never got into the discussion about institutional faith versus personal faith. Or never got reactionary groups like the Jesuits.

Silly Muslims, you just divide yourselves on whether an old redundant title should be hereditary or not.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
if you think i'm unreasonable go ahead and read the top comments on that NYT piece, everyone is rightfully calling it out as a bunch of bullshit

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
another thing going down in NYC right now is that apparently two publications nobody outside of new york has ever heard of have been dissolved by their owner because the journos unionised and now all of twitter is whining about it. lol owned

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol if you pray to anyone but the proper gods like Odin.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

PathAsc posted:

:yeah:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

IronClaymore posted:

I don't think the Muslims ever had the equivalent of Martin Luther either. So they never got into the discussion about institutional faith versus personal faith. Or never got reactionary groups like the Jesuits.

Silly Muslims, you just divide yourselves on whether an old redundant title should be hereditary or not.
My understanding is that the closest Islam ever came to Reformation was mainly embodied by the Mutazila movement, which argued something similar to Enlightenment philosophy with regards to the use of reason and logic to more fully understand God's creation. They lost out to the Ashari school, which basically asserted clerical/canonical infallibility and rejected reason. That's not the whole story, but Asharite Islam is essentially orthodox Sunni Islam, a.k.a. what ~90% of Muslims practice. The whole "death to apostates" thing isn't exactly conducive to discussion, either, especially in the context of a religion that, for example, describes the correct method to piss (seated, as the Prophet [PBUH] did).

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Nut to Butt posted:

My understanding is that the closest Islam ever came to Reformation was mainly embodied by the Mutazila movement, which argued something similar to Enlightenment philosophy with regards to the use of reason and logic to more fully understand God's creation. They lost out to the Ashari school, which basically asserted clerical/canonical infallibility and rejected reason. That's not the whole story, but Asharite Islam is essentially orthodox Sunni Islam, a.k.a. what ~90% of Muslims practice. The whole "death to apostates" thing isn't exactly conducive to discussion, either, especially in the context of a religion that, for example, describes the correct method to piss (seated, as the Prophet [PBUH] did).

man that muslim school trait mechanic in crusader kings was pretty wacky sometimes huh

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PathAsc posted:

gotta admit, the pagans got one thing right

they converted to christianity

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

man that muslim school trait mechanic in crusader kings was pretty wacky sometimes huh
I only play Vikings, Byzantines, and Zun. :getin:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PathAsc posted:

my god is lono, i get my ranger spells from domain: mo'o, and my favored terrains are rural, crowd, and megalopolis

Nut to Butt posted:

I only play Vikings, Byzantines, and Zun. :getin:

the touhou crossover mod community gets weirder every day

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Unleash your inner infidel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spinster posted:

Never change, Spinster. You're the forum's cool aunt

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
allahu ackbar should definitely be considered terrorist speech by now. look i don't care what pedophile god you believe in but it's a terrorist word now. like the nazis used the swastika, which was for a long time a religious symbol, but that excuse ain't gonna fly no more.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So is this just the second budding terrorist the FBI let go because "racism" or are there more I've forgotten?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

LostRook posted:

So is this just the second budding terrorist the FBI let go because "racism" or are there more I've forgotten?

There's more you've never heard of because ~optics~

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Somewhere, McGruff the crime dog is watching TV yelling "I TOLD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spinster posted:

so it... smells like bacon :confused:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Skypie posted:

After reading this, I'm not sure what is objectionable about this article? The guy is saying the media likes to always report "And also the terrorist said allahu akbar!" And he's saying he thinks it's lovely that bad people have essentially poisoned a phrase that tons of non-violent people use and that he has to be self-conscious of his religious expressions in America.

That...seems pretty reasonable? I agree, it's lovely when stupid assholes ruin things

Agreed, it's Muslim heritage not hate

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

heck id wear it

and it's doubly funny because cologne actually is haram because it can arouse the opposite sex

you're only "allowed" to wear stinky musk

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the more I learn about Islam the more I realize it was made by and for incels

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also explains why most mass shooters, despite various ethnic and religious/non-denominational backgrounds, all have one thing in common. They're internet basement dwellers.

Time to start screeening posters whose longest post break is when they sleep for like 4 hours before then get back to the shitposting grind.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Peace de Bundy posted:

heck id wear it

and it's doubly funny because cologne actually is haram because it can arouse the opposite sex

you're only "allowed" to wear stinky musk

Doesn't most men's cologne contain musk

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

call to action posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/opinion/manhattan-truck-attack-akbar-terrorism.html

Another terrible piece from the lib media - the bodies in NYC aren't even loving cold yet and we're supposed to cry crocodile tears because this dude doesn't feel comfortable saying 'Allahu Ackbar' (and blames Trump)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZIEvjOULg&t=10s

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ruddiger posted:

Also explains why most mass shooters, despite various ethnic and religious/non-denominational backgrounds, all have one thing in common. They're internet basement dwellers.

Time to start screeening posters whose longest post break is when they sleep for like 4 hours before then get back to the shitposting grind.

This guy probably snapped because he was permabanned.

We can see on these very forums that posting for long hours has a sedating effect which prevents them from actually acting out their violence. But one perma and suddenly they're energized and out doing mischief.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

PathAsc posted:

LOL if you dont worship Marduk and Tiamat

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Anubis is my homeboy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

allahu ackbar should definitely be considered terrorist speech by now. look i don't care what pedophile god you believe in but it's a terrorist word now. like the nazis used the swastika, which was for a long time a religious symbol, but that excuse ain't gonna fly no more.

I draw hundreds of swastikas a day it's nbd.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Zo posted:

I'm gunning up to demolish the Hindu and Buddhist temples that have swastikas on them as we speak.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Peace de Bundy posted:

cologne actually is haram because it can arouse the opposite sex

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I don't think this guy was arousing anyone of any sex

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

you're triggering(lol) flashbacks of limp handshakes at the mosque

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

PathAsc posted:

Anubis is my homeboy

If you want to worship a furry these days you can just go on tumblr

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The gently caress is going on anymore https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Its-Okay-to-Be-White-Flyers-Found-Outside-Montgomery-Blair-High-School-454702403.html

quote:

Flyers with the message "It's okay to be white" were found posted outside a Maryland high school early Wednesday, but were removed before students arrived for the day, the school's principal reported.
"We are taking this seriously and are investigating this incident. Our research so far has indicated that this may be part of a concerted national campaign to foment racial and political tension in our school and community," Principal Renay Johnson said.
"I want you to know that Montgomery Blair is a very smart, diverse and inclusive community and we will not fall victim to attempts to divide us," Johnson said.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CountryMatters posted:

If you want to worship a furry these days you can just go on tumblr

Nah, I wanna gently caress raw dog, not have a cuddle party

In case you didn't know, you're supposed to be ashamed of being any shade of white. Your mere existence is an affront to everyone because you literally become white satan at conception. Have you tried being ashamed of yourself?

• Locked thread