Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what do you expect from a child raised by the tv who considers a department store commercial her best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
boy nanako really was in a borderline neglectful situation at the beginning of that game huh

like, i get that japanese children are generally more independent than their western counterparts, but we're still talking about a seven-year-old left home alone all day and forced to do all the housework because her one surviving parent has neither the time nor ability to do so

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Barry Bluejeans posted:

boy nanako really was in a borderline neglectful situation at the beginning of that game huh

like, i get that japanese children are generally more independent than their western counterparts, but we're still talking about a seven-year-old left home alone all day and forced to do all the housework because her one surviving parent has neither the time nor ability to do so

you apparently didn't grow up poor with a single parent lol.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

LifeSunDeath posted:

you apparently didn't grow up poor with a single parent lol.
Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a situation close to neglectful in that case either.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The game did a pretty good job of explaining why her dad put her in that situation without ever presenting it as a good thing or shrugging it off with "that's just how it is," if I remember correctly. At least, it did if you bothered to improve your relationships with both of them.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/guoblue/status/1300230229047164928?s=21

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

incomplete pass loving lmao

Realized it at the same time it finally happened.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

First time a madden game has looked incredibly fun to play.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if that one goon still gets royalty checks for writing some physics code for madden in like, 1998

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think last someone asked that question, the answer was still yes.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Probably cheaper to just send him 50 cents or whatever every year rather than going through the effort to prove that his code isn't used anymore.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time I see stuff like this I think to myself, y'know, sports games could be interesting.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Good ol' Madden

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Good ol' Madden

this makes me chuckle every time.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
From CK3 thread. Maybe it's a justifiably scandalous event phrased awkwardly, but I'll post it anyway.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Sep 1, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kennel posted:

From CK3 thread. Maybe it's a justifiably scandalous event phrased awkwardly, but I'll post it anyway.

wow, ban this sick filth

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

From what I know about Crusader Kings that is indeed unusual and scandalous.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
More:

Jedit posted:

Anyway: something appears to be even more hosed than usual as my spymaster informs me that one of my courtiers is her own bastard daughter.

Unbelievable isn't the half of it, Ragnvald.

It's actually a bug - according to the hook Finneacht has a bastard child with Muirchertach, but for some reason it's reporting her as the child.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Unbelievable! indeed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And here i was thinking that this was the consequence of using the 'fabricate blackmail' skill.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Their dad, cucked himself. Think about that!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kennel posted:

expose him immediately!

e: i wish that was an emote

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Sep 2, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Man, I think I really prefer the old CK2 style 2D art to what they did there. Those are some Oblivion-grade potato faces.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cardiovorax posted:

Man, I think I really prefer the old CK2 style 2D art to what they did there. Those are some Oblivion-grade potato faces.

But can CK2 do this?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Well you gotta expect some of that when you get some inbreeding.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I kinda like those models, they're authentically dumpy. It looks like a faithful adaptation of a 70s-80s historical drama that's not from the BBC but turns up on a network that airs a bunch of BBC shows.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kennel posted:

But can CK2 do this?

dude, you are WAY more than a +16

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cleretic posted:

I kinda like those models, they're authentically dumpy. It looks like a faithful adaptation of a 70s-80s historical drama that's not from the BBC but turns up on a network that airs a bunch of BBC shows.

yeah calling them oblivion grade is forgetting what oblivion NPCs looked like

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I don't know, man. "Authentically dumpy" is something else. I'd those aren't the worst thing the game has to offer, either.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-XQnLUgpec

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Another bug from CK3, kinda NFSW:

If you have a female character that is a bit, uh, developed, picking some outfits may result in clipping. In particular, we have found that the Crusader outfit will sometimes result in this:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That makes me wonder under which circumstances you're supposed to see female models naked enough that there is even a point of giving them nipples... and what else the artists decided the models needed to have.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

however, consider this thing my friend found: ck2 didn't let you have dadbod nudists

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cardiovorax posted:

That makes me wonder under which circumstances you're supposed to see female models naked enough that there is even a point of giving them nipples... and what else the artists decided the models needed to have.

The game has a "nudist" option for certain religions/events so the answer is "100% naked". Both men and women have fig leaves covering their junk in those cases though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

however, consider this thing my friend found: ck2 didn't let you have dadbod nudists

Solid, if unexpected, username/post combo

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The game has a "nudist" option for certain religions/events so the answer is "100% naked". Both men and women have fig leaves covering their junk in those cases though.
Gotta admit, I didn't see that coming. Fair enough.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Kikas posted:

If you have a female character that is a bit, uh, developed, picking some outfits may result in clipping. In particular, we have found that the Crusader outfit will sometimes result in this:

Oh that is a whole look

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Bonus joke: the nipples appeared when she hit 18. When she was 16 she looked like this:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kikas posted:

Is there normally nudity in the game or is this like an Ellen Page shower situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is there normally nudity in the game or is this like an Ellen Page shower situation?

There's 2 situations that it can happen. #1 is some event such as drunkeness that causes public embarrassment. #2 is religions that include the "natural primitivism" tenant. One of the religions in the core game, Adamites, has it but people can make their own custom religion. However it will put a fig leaf over the genitals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamites (Real thing btw)

You can always just disable the option if you want.