Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Doorknob Slobber posted:

only if they take up a pistol/weapon spot

I don't think scopes are nearly as rare as people make them out to be. Stop dropping in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and hiding in bushes the whole game I guess.

Binoculars and spotting scopes in the pistol slot would present a cool alternative for using the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Maybe incorporate that with the sight marking that Party Plane Jones mentioned. You can't sight mark without Binoculars/Spotting Scope, but it takes your pistol slot or something. I don't think anyone would bother if it took up an AR slot.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I have found 2 4x scopes in the building a guy complaining about finding no optics this entire game had just checked.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I have found 2 4x scopes in the building a guy complaining about finding no optics this entire game had just checked.

Surely you're not suggesting that goons loot too long AND are bad at looting... are you?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

fletcher posted:

Communication is so critical in this game. How do military guys call out enemy positions when they are driving around or on foot?

I'm guessing they don't say "I see a guy" and start shooting
http://www.usnavy.vt.edu/Marines/PLC_Junior/Fall_Semester/TACT3019_Intro_to_Fire&Movement_Student_Outline.pdf

The marines have been doing pubg irl for a while and the above PDF guide is a place to start if you want to adapt their communication/movement strats to your squad games.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

eriddy posted:

http://www.usnavy.vt.edu/Marines/PLC_Junior/Fall_Semester/TACT3019_Intro_to_Fire&Movement_Student_Outline.pdf

The marines have been doing pubg irl for a while and the above PDF guide is a place to start if you want to adapt their communication/movement strats to your squad games.

I dunno, does the USMC have a Twitch stream or anything? How can I be sure they know what they're talking about.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

It would probably be way too powerful, in all honestly, so I doubt they'd add that.

filthy casuals

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does an actual united states military document refer to two-man groupings as Battle Buddies, in caps? bc thats nuts

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why not have it take up the gernade slot

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

What kind of cosmetics does the USMC wear, I can't take them seriously if they don't have the twitch stuff or the pubg set.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does an actual united states military document refer to two-man groupings as Battle Buddies, in caps? bc thats nuts

Remember to hold hands with your battle buddy at all times.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Why are there two pages on how to properly communicate and call out enemies? The game literally gives you a compass with N, S, E, W and a degree marks between each.

"Guy at behind the rock at 195"

"Squad just ran into the red house at 270"

"Getting shot at, sounds like it's coming from 5"

If you're squad is really synced up utilizing way points to let your team know if a house has been cleared, where a level 2 helmet or AR might be for the idiot that hasn't looted one yet, or even marking enemies. Zoom your map into your area and utilize that thing. Pressing delete removes it immediately so it's become second nature to mark and remove things for my boys.

It 100% cuts down on the, "Wait where did you say that was? 2nd floor? This house? Am I on the right map?"

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Pay attention to the first circle and don't rely on vehicles where you found one before.

Been getting circle hosed a lot by over confident squad mates who ARE SURE THERE'S A VEHICLE OVER THERE (there isn't).

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Not sure why people go over these wild machinations of STRATZ when the reason you lose at this game is people have faster reaction time and can aim better than you. Just like every other shooter.

eames
May 9, 2009

i made it to 2nd place in my third game and now I'm going to ask for a steam refund because the nature of this game is far too intense for me. :kingsley:

(yes zero kills!)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Game would be way better if people actually tried to melee fight at the starts, it's so boring rushing guns. Plus people that just lie prone in houses with no windows should be forcibly euthanized, not just in the the game.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

on the other hand meleee fighting is janky as gently caress and sucks balls

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone used a lag switch to basically super speed teleport themselves across a field yet?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Justin Credible posted:

Game would be way better if people actually tried to melee fight at the starts, it's so boring rushing guns. Plus people that just lie prone in houses with no windows should be forcibly euthanized, not just in the the game.

People who attribute morality to differing lines of valid play need to be forcibly euthanized so the rest of us can just play a video game the way we like without salty idiots whining incessantly.

If they want to play the boring version of PUBG, let them. Who loving really cares?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Well it's just annoying when you want to get into fun firefights.

And I was obviously being hyperbolic.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Just drop in pochinki then

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Just drop in pochinki

Unironically the best way to play this game

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

puberty worked me over posted:

Unironically the best way to play this game

Homeowners Association has to enforce the neighborhood standards!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I've been playing with goons and as expected, some are terrible at calls. Asking if I need a vest or helmet when I'm being shot. Taking shots without telling anyone. Talking about random poo poo with 15 people alive. Jesus goons.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The compass has numbers for the degrees call out that. If they're in shotgun range just yell and shoot

Well yeah but that is pretty over simplified, I was looking for something with a little more depth to it

eriddy posted:

Yup that's exactly what I was looking for. Very interesting, thank you for linking this! Time to practice ADDRAC with my friends :D

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

succ posted:

I've been playing with goons and as expected, some are terrible at calls. Asking if I need a vest or helmet when I'm being shot. Taking shots without telling anyone. Talking about random poo poo with 15 people alive. Jesus goons.

what did you expect?

Grow a spine & ask for a clear mic

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I've also seen some people opening their chutes WAY later than I do, even going full clip straight down. Is this just a weird quirk of how the game looks or is it possible to get head starts like that?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Justin Credible posted:

I've also seen some people opening their chutes WAY later than I do, even going full clip straight down. Is this just a weird quirk of how the game looks or is it possible to get head starts like that?
Open chute going 234 km/h

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Justin Credible posted:

you want to coast until about 300 meters from your landing zone (a little less if you're landing on rooftops) & then dive straight down. max speed drop (234km/h) gives you a push down, 3-5 seconds at max speed will give you best effect

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Cool, now just to be able to find something other than smoke grenades and melee weapons while people nearby immediately pick up VSSs that weren't even on the roofs!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I've been messing around with switching the different grips, barrel attachments, and scopes based on different situations. Vert+comp+red dot with full auto feels great, but I'll switch to an angled/flash-hider/4x when it's time to snipe. I'm getting pretty good results off of it so far.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

I've been messing around with switching the different grips, barrel attachments, and scopes based on different situations. Vert+comp+red dot with full auto feels great, but I'll switch to an angled/flash-hider/4x when it's time to snipe. I'm getting pretty good results off of it so far.

Is there really a difference between the vert and angled grips? I know one is supposed to help with horizontal and one with vertical recoil, but I've never noticed much change.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Not sure why people go over these wild machinations of STRATZ when the reason you lose at this game is people have faster reaction time and can aim better than you. Just like every other shooter.

This is the reason I lose about 5% of the time.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Inspector_666 posted:

Is there really a difference between the vert and angled grips? I know one is supposed to help with horizontal and one with vertical recoil, but I've never noticed much change.

Grab ones of each and go to a wall and find out!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

So what's the optimal speed and angle to get distance but also land quick? I mean at least it's not like a CPM fest where you have to have the exact right build order for 20 minutes, I just want to get on the ground faster. Any tips for working angles? Those seem to screw me up the most. I know while third-person aiming you can switch with lean left and right, but anything past that? I've made it to top 3 a couple times, top 10 a number of times but usually end up in the 30-50 range.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Yes the have actual different values of the angled being something like 20% reduction and vert being 10. You can google to find the actual values that got data mined.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

sterster posted:

Yes the have actual different values of the angled being something like 20% reduction and vert being 10. You can google to find the actual values that got data mined.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that datamined sheet. Looks like AFG is the way to go 90% of the time.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Justin Credible posted:

So what's the optimal speed and angle to get distance but also land quick? I mean at least it's not like a CPM fest where you have to have the exact right build order for 20 minutes, I just want to get on the ground faster. Any tips for working angles? Those seem to screw me up the most. I know while third-person aiming you can switch with lean left and right, but anything past that? I've made it to top 3 a couple times, top 10 a number of times but usually end up in the 30-50 range.

There was an excellent video on PUBG parachute mechanics I saw on reddit a few weeks ago, can't seem to find it now though

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's nice to tell people to get good like grimmz and all but most people are never gonna get that good, and even if you're so bad you can only win 10% of the duels having a strat that will get you to the top 5 reliably means you have a much higher chance of winning a game than playing with no strategy and just dying to the people with "faster reaction time and better aim" all the time.

People go over these wild machinations because what else do you expect? "Aim faster" is not useful, everyone knows they suck already. They know it every time they miss a spray and die. Having a good strategy can carry you a long way in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Has anyone used a lag switch to basically super speed teleport themselves across a field yet?

They made the network connection defer to server side updates, so lag switching might get you across a field fine, but if you do it to avoid getting shot, you'll still get shot.

Summary for angled/vert grips: vert does better scoped/single fire control, angled is better for run and gun/ full auto firing, if you can manage that

EDIT: fastest parachute open descending is a sharp corkscrew(holding one side direction), it gets you up to 60kph on drop, but the last few meters are always slow unless you land just so or get an advantageous slope.

Mistle fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 13, 2017

• Locked thread