Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Heh, if I wanted to spill public drama all over the thread I would've done it back when it happened. Happy to take it to PMs, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Guy in my league is getting desperate to win. He asked if I wanted to give up AJ Green. No way I'm going to even make playoffs so I could get some guys from him for good keeper value for next year (I lose Green as a keeper anyway). I'm trying to decide between:

Julian Edelman, who he basically got at like second to last round so his keeper value is next to nothing
Chris Carson who no one is going to want anyway so I could keep him for cheap as well

and then also going to ask for like a 8th rounder or something. He offered me Andrew Luck as well but pfft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

cliffdiver posted:

Guy in my league is getting desperate to win. He asked if I wanted to give up AJ Green. No way I'm going to even make playoffs so I could get some guys from him for good keeper value for next year (I lose Green as a keeper anyway). I'm trying to decide between:

Julian Edelman, who he basically got at like second to last round so his keeper value is next to nothing
Chris Carson who no one is going to want anyway so I could keep him for cheap as well

and then also going to ask for like a 8th rounder or something. He offered me Andrew Luck as well but pfft.

Why would no one want Chris Carson? He looked great when he was healthy. He should be the guy in Seattle next year. I'd ask for Carson and a high pick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is the last time this season I'm going to bother you all with a trade advice question, as the deadline is tommorrow.

PPR Dynasty salary cap league ($250 cap)

My team:
QB: Luck($13), Goff($3), Rivers($2)
RB: Ingram($11), CJ Anderson($11), Montgomery($10), Burkhead($4), Bernard($2), Conner($3), Stewart ($3), Lewis($2), Rod Smith($2), Chris Carson($1)
WR: Evans($55), Brown ($46), Cooper($31), Hopkins($26), D. Thomas($21), Jeffery($21), Crabtree($17), Allen Robinson($14), Kelvin Benjamin($10), Robby Anderson($3), Kevin White($3), Dede Westbrook($1)
TE: Kelce($21), Henry($3)

I just received this offer:

Give
Amari Cooper($31)
Jared Goff($3)

Get
Kirk Cousins($4)
Jamaal Williams($7)

Now I'm stacked at WR, and I'm weak at QB and RB. I also am way over the cap and will have to lose some salary before the 2018 draft.

Thoughts?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

This is the last time this season I'm going to bother you all with a trade advice question, as the deadline is tommorrow.
I just received this offer:

Give
Amari Cooper($31)
Jared Goff($3)

Get
Kirk Cousins($4)
Jamaal Williams($7)

Now I'm stacked at WR, and I'm weak at QB and RB. I also am way over the cap and will have to lose some salary before the 2018 draft.

Thoughts?

Jamaal Williams is a short term solution at best for you I think. Playoffs start in 3 weeks, Jones is out for 3-6, Ty Mont will probably be back before then. Plus the GB offense is a bit of a dumpster right now. Don't think I'd start him over Ingram/CJA and you only have 2 RB starter slots right? Amari is probably a better flex than Jamaal.

I feel like you should be able to get more for Amari. Also not sure I prefer cousins ROS to goff. Neither of them have great playoff schedules.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the input! I think you’re right.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Why would no one want Chris Carson? He looked great when he was healthy. He should be the guy in Seattle next year. I'd ask for Carson and a high pick.

How quickly you forget what happened to Rawls!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think I might trade Melvin Gordon & Jimmy Graham for Ajayi & Gronk

I mean Ajayi is technically in a shared backfield, but Eagles are the best team in football and the Chargers are the Chargers and like giving some dumb rear end Ahlerer dude the ball over Melvin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

You might want to post things

This is fun. I may sneak these into future quotes. :ninja:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I think I might trade Melvin Gordon & Jimmy Graham for Ajayi & Gronk

I mean Ajayi is technically in a shared backfield, but Eagles are the best team in football and the Chargers are the Chargers and like giving some dumb rear end Ahlerer dude the ball over Melvin.

Just do the trade then, you're clearly bias towards your home team so might as well.

ROS i might rank Jimmy Graham behind Gronk a bit and Gordon still a ways ahead of Ajayi, so personally i wouldn't do it.

Graham's been p money lately but hasn't had that many targets.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 18, 2017

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

TheFace posted:

Of course... I decide to sit Rishard Matthews, and he goes off for 20+ points :(

I dropped him because he's just not reliable

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

We've had 2 guys in the past figure out genius ways around rules in our league because our commish has never instituted a "spirit of the rule" thing and every time it has been a hilarious bout of drama in the league.

I would like to hear more about these

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

We've had 2 guys in the past figure out genius ways around rules in our league because our commish has never instituted a "spirit of the rule" thing and every time it has been a hilarious bout of drama in the league.

I would like to double-post because I have the Internet savvy of a caveman

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 18, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
On the topic of shady stuff. This league i'm in that they basically begged me to join the day of the draft due to a last minute drop off, the Commissioner legit just changed the playoffs from 6 to 8 teams yesterday. No coincidence that he is currently in 7th place also.

It's a league full of dudes who either have very limited fantasy knowledge or really don't care. So i brought it up to everyone and legit most of them could care less. The commissioner basically goes "oh i meant for it to be 8 teams from the start, just forgot to change it". Which is obviously a load of bullshit, but whatever. Most of them are close buddies and i'm technically an outsider as the only person i really know in there is my cousin.

It's only a $25 buy in or i'd have caused a bigger commotion, but it looks like the rest of the league barely cares either. I'm defo not rejoining this poo poo league next year, but i'm currently only 5 points scored behind 1st with the same record. So now i'm basically just hoping i poo poo on him in the first round, win it all, and saying gently caress them all.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

VietCampo posted:

On the topic of shady stuff. This league i'm in that they basically begged me to join the day of the draft due to a last minute drop off, the Commissioner legit just changed the playoffs from 6 to 8 teams yesterday.

Hahahaha what the gently caress. Set a roster and never look back.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Drunk Nerds posted:

I would like to hear more about these

Basically the way our commish worded keepers they figured out that if they traded a guy that the keeper contract would reset for the acquired players. They were both out at the trade deadline so they flipped the players innocently and then dropped the bomb on the commish after the trade was approved.

It was a very funny thing and caused a LOT of trouble that week and I tip my hat to them for figuring it out.

The rule was fixed the next season but hey were grandfathered in.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Basically the way our commish worded keepers they figured out that if they traded a guy that the keeper contract would reset for the acquired players. They were both out at the trade deadline so they flipped the players innocently and then dropped the bomb on the commish after the trade was approved.

It was a very funny thing and caused a LOT of trouble that week and I tip my hat to them for figuring it out.

The rule was fixed the next season but hey were grandfathered in.

Wait, so they traded two guys, then immediately traded them back to reset the keeper contract? That's hilarious

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

12 team, 0PPR, Start QB - 2RB - RB/WR - 2WR

Traded Goff/Diggs/Collins for Kamara. I'm left with:

QB - Mariota, Bortles
RB - Ingram, Kamara, Miller, Morris, Henry
WR - Julio, Funchess, Richardson, Davis, Coleman
TE - Witten, Kroft

My season is resting on the Saints crazy run game. And I wish Mariota was playing better but Bort has a pretty easy schedule coming up.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wait, so they traded two guys, then immediately traded them back to reset the keeper contract? That's hilarious

Not quite. Keepers were worded something like a team has them for 3 years but they argued that he didn't specify "the drafting team". It was genius.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Not quite. Keepers were worded something like a team has them for 3 years but they argued that he didn't specify "the drafting team". It was genius.

Eh, Can blame that on the commissioner for letting them get that loophole. He could've easily said "gently caress you, you know what it meant". Then he could've just reversed the trade and that wouldn't have affected anything.

But yea, better to just have all those restrictions laid out to begin with to deal with smart asses, as their are quite a lot in fantasy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Matt Zerella posted:

See, I love poo poo like this. Those guys earned their keepers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

On the topic of shady stuff. This league i'm in that they basically begged me to join the day of the draft due to a last minute drop off, the Commissioner legit just changed the playoffs from 6 to 8 teams yesterday. No coincidence that he is currently in 7th place also.

It's a league full of dudes who either have very limited fantasy knowledge or really don't care. So i brought it up to everyone and legit most of them could care less. The commissioner basically goes "oh i meant for it to be 8 teams from the start, just forgot to change it". Which is obviously a load of bullshit, but whatever. Most of them are close buddies and i'm technically an outsider as the only person i really know in there is my cousin.

It's only a $25 buy in or i'd have caused a bigger commotion, but it looks like the rest of the league barely cares either. I'm defo not rejoining this poo poo league next year, but i'm currently only 5 points scored behind 1st with the same record. So now i'm basically just hoping i poo poo on him in the first round, win it all, and saying gently caress them all.

Usually if someones cheating it's pretty simple and obvious. An owner changing the playoff limits right when he's on the bubble on the week before the playoffs is obviously cheating. Not collusion, since that involves more than one party, but just simple cheating.

IcePhoenix posted:

Doltos I think you're focusing too much on just half of the story. The reason collusion is suspected at all is because he was cut for nothing and then picked up by another team that has bad QBs literally five minutes later.

Just cutting Big Ben is obviously not really noteworthy, it's the incredibly fast turnaround and the fact that it benefits both teams (since the team that cut Roethlisberger is in line to better his playoff seeding if Alfalfa loses to the guy that picked him up).

You're right and his example is about the closest we can get to collusion so far in this thread since 1. He had a benched QB that he kept over Roethlisberger and 2. He's friends with the guy who picked up Roethlisberger who also needed him.

The reason I say it's close but not collusion is that the guy could be a total idiot and either hate Ben or just not need Ben. There's also no rule against texting a friend saying 'Hey I just cut this guy and don't want him, do you want him?'. That's a risk you have to take when you add multiple friends, family members, or significant others to one league. Of loving Course they're going to help each other out in small ways with immediate communication, but it's still not collusion. The reason that's close to but not collusion is that colluding would have to be Friend #2 asking Friend #1 to intentionally cut Roethlisberger so he can pick him up. It's only slightly different but it matters. Collusion requires two parties to sit down, agree on something, then have it play out WITH YOU HAVING PROOF OF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Like unless you have a text message of Friend #2 telling Friend #1 to cut the guy, then you have poo poo all to stand on even if it sucks.

Fantasy football is gambling and when money is on the line people tend to become very distrustful and spiteful against others they're competing against. It may piss some goons off that a lot of us are willing and understanding to believe the best in people, but I'd rather give someone the benefit of being innocent until proven guilty then create a poo poo storm that tears a league apart due to getting Roethlisberger's balls in your face.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sataere posted:

See, I love poo poo like this. Those guys earned their keepers.

Yep. Exactly. It was an incredibly awesome interpretation of the rules. And our commish is funny and fair enough to say you two are assholes but you're not wrong. The 2 weeks of anger and butthurt were loving incredible.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

None of us ever heard from him again. Although he is a regular poster in this thread :argh: On this very page, no less.

:munch:

:magical:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Eh, Can blame that on the commissioner for letting them get that loophole. He could've easily said "gently caress you, you know what it meant". Then he could've just reversed the trade and that wouldn't have affected anything.

I agree. I mean, my wife litigates contracts for a living. I'm sure I could easily get anything I want in fantasy football by having her be like "this contract wasn't initialed HERE and you misused an antecedent HERE." But, drat this sounds like some sovereign citizen bullshit, "oh you didn't specify that every thing DOESN'T reset and furthermore you never said that we as owners aren't a corporation." Just be a commisioner and say, "spirit of the rule. Eat a butt!"

Win the game on the field, not by being willing to be so stubborn you wear down the commissioner. This is fantasy football, not Munchkin or dating women!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 18, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
To maintain order, fantasy football commissioners should have the same level of interpretative power that Goodell has over the NFLPA.

:colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

To maintain order, fantasy football commissioners should have the same level of interpretative power that Goodell has over the NFLPA.

:colbert:

Suspended six games for shitposting.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Suspended six games for shitposting.

My lack of presence would be injurious to the rest of the forum which benefits from my posting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

My lack of presence would be injurious to the rest of the forum which benefits from my posting.

So what you're saying is that Sataere is a pussy compared to what you're going to do to me? Come at me bro, with everything you have.

Your mom is a compensatory pick.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what you're saying is that Sataere is a pussy compared to what you're going to do to me? Come at me bro, with everything you have.

I’m going to appeal this matter to forums moderator “iospace” see you in PMs :doink:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just suspended Zeke for six games in my league for being a Cowboy

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Fire up your Danny Woodheads, he's officially off IR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

(Non-ppr) Is it safe to drop CJ Anderson now? Or is Agholor more expendable? I need to drop someone to take Woodhead off IR.

My team:

Also should I pick up and play Yeldon if Fournette is out Sunday? Or should I just move Howard up and plug in Evan Engram in the FLEX?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 18, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I don't know much about Agholor's value in non-PPR but Anderson hasn't done anything useful in a pretty long time so I doubt you'd end up with any big regrets about dropping him. Not sure I would play Yeldon against the Cleveland defense, though; they've been pretty decent.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How did I get dragged into this?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The KC-NYG game will have 25 MPH winds with gusts to 45. Those of you who use the Buttkicker might want to explore other options. I think I'm benching Tyreek for Crabtree too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Tomorrow.

Slaughterhouse.

EDIT: oops, sorry thought this was the NFC East thread. Start Dak, maybe he'll be good for garbage time points if he doesn't get put on IR.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

How did I get dragged into this?

You're Bob Kraft in this alternate universe. Roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

89 posted:

Tomorrow.

Slaughterhouse.

EDIT: oops, sorry thought this was the NFC East thread. Start Dak, maybe he'll be good for garbage time points if he doesn't get put on IR.

Is Smith definitely not playing @ LG? Time to fire up that Philly D!

• Locked thread