Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'm currently encased in a non-detectable alien field. everything feels the same, but i'm slightly on edge, paranoid, and my ears did a little ringing pop sensation as the seal was completed even though i haven't moved. no idea what they want or who's behind this. will update if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lpzie posted:

i'm currently encased in a non-detectable alien field. everything feels the same, but i'm slightly on edge, paranoid, and my ears did a little ringing pop sensation as the seal was completed even though i haven't moved. no idea what they want or who's behind this. will update if possible.

goonspeed

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

*nods solemnly*

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sombering

Big foot is going to get ontologically shocked in the butthole

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

bigfoot wants to peg me

LtDan
May 1, 2004

did anything come from the Vatican thing?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

this thread pinning its disclosure hopes on cia agents, gusanos, and now a pedophile cult is certainly something

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Hatebag posted:

this thread pinning its disclosure hopes on cia agents, gusanos, and now a pedophile cult is certainly something

don't forget large autistic men

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

and desiccated corpses peddled by a known con man

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hatebag posted:

im pinning my hopes on a goon being the aliens and posting photos of his or her hyperjets

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
aliens are past gender

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hatebag posted:

those are simply the people who run things around here

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

endless edging extra extra-terrestrial experiences are my kink, truly this is a golden age

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
No don't disclose yet you're so cute haha

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

LtDan posted:

I think it's later today I don't know if the Vatican has their own time zone.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

LtDan posted:

my hope is that it is a totally blasé announcement that aliens exist, the vatican has known for literal centuries, and that the existence has already been addressed in a theologically acceptable way

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

Barry Foster posted:

*nods solemnly*

great companion to my summer jam Mothman Bussy

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fenarisk posted:

The holiest of time zones

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

compiling the updated list of most enjoyable potential sexual experiences by cryptid partner

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

don't forget large autistic men

unfortunately the one thing goons can't pin their hopes on is themselves

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Fenarisk posted:

I think they are GST, God Standard Time.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I try not to pin hopes on anything since most people in ufology are grifters and charlatans

despite that though, there is something “there”. whether it’s being hidden because of some secret bullshit or because we simply don’t understand and are afraid of it, I don’t know.

Regardless, whether we find signs of intelligent alien life here with advanced, probes or craft or whatever or a telescope, it’s out there. Humanity has a terrible track record of always putting ourselves at the center of the goddamn universe. intelligent life may be precious and rare, but it is nearly incomprehensible to think we are alone in the entire universe.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I try not to pin hopes on anything since most people in ufology are grifters and charlatans

despite that though, there is something “there”. whether it’s being hidden because of some secret bullshit or because we simply don’t understand and are afraid of it, I don’t know.

Regardless, whether we find signs of intelligent alien life here with advanced, probes or craft or whatever or a telescope, it’s out there. Humanity has a terrible track record of always putting ourselves at the center of the goddamn universe. intelligent life may be precious and rare, but it is nearly incomprehensible to think we are alone in the entire universe.

oh, i totally believe ufos/aliens are real, don't get me wrong. i just have no faith in the people purporting to disclose stuff.
i think probably the only way aliens are getting disclosed is if they do it themselves. probably not even very much to disclose other than "yes aliens are real" because otherwise there would probably be significant unexplainable scientific advancements evident in one of usa/russia/china, as those countries all have ufo monitoring programs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it'd certainly do us well to remember that really, we're only the "dominant" life on this planet in a very narrow sense
but in truth if we nuked ourselves to death or the planet got slightly too hot it's really the weird funguses and microbes and ant colonies that have our asses thoroughly beat

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Squizzle posted:

compiling the updated list of most enjoyable potential sexual experiences by cryptid partner

Bigfoot likes to cuddle but stinks to high heaven.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Time for a jack links!

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-city/news/2024-05/dicastery-doctrine-faith-supernatural-phenomena-norms.html

The Vatican thing came out and it's just a policy update. No ontological shock I see.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
fuckin' pope

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zoobtro posted:

fuckin' pope

not a cryptid

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

papal policy practices poorly prepare population pondering pnuti presence

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

------------+++++++++++++++++++++++++++*////////////////////////

sorry, my cat was disclosing on my keyboard.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hatebag posted:

i suppose it would make sense that lue is catholic

Azathoth posted:

Bigfoot likes to cuddle but stinks to high heaven.

just had a funny idea for a skit where bigfoot goes to the groomer before a big date

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 21:06 on May 17, 2024

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I know it's about faith and poo poo but if the aliens do a Contact reveal and we have to wait decades after a brief chat with a patronizing alien dressed up like someone's dad for anything cool to happen I will be SO MAD.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
so far i trust the mummies a little bit and the big man somewhat

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

bij posted:

I know it's about faith and poo poo but if the aliens do a Contact reveal and we have to wait decades after a brief chat with a patronizing alien dressed up like someone's dad for anything cool to happen I will be SO MAD.
Radar rips off his mask of your dad to reveal a perfectly 4d-sculpted trollface

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Today has felt super weird all day
and the dot is very broken

anybody else just felt really off?
Like not even the relief of it being Friday is lifting my spirit

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Today has felt super weird all day
and the dot is very broken

anybody else just felt really off?
Like not even the relief of it being Friday is lifting my spirit
Yeah, I do. Sorry to hear. Although in my case a lot of it may be that I started drinking again. I mean I'm okay, not depressed or hungover or anything, just a little disappointed in myself.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bij posted:

They've been revealing themselves for a long time.

Just not to big crowds

They're a bit shy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They've been revealing themselves for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003