Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rockstar

e. although that looks like something to try should we find any

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 02:14 on May 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tighclops posted:

If Jimmy Dore is cutting back on weed then I take it as a sign I should definitely consume even more weed

gotta maintain the balance man

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gimme the za and the runtz man

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not so much of a fan of indica. Sativa though makes me extra dumb. One time I mixed mango, orange, and pineapple juice together and thought I had invented a new drink.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
:siren: rare doomsday economics/ufo thread crossover event :siren:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:popeye: delta rye :eyepop:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

soft disclosure

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Thanks.

I had that dream again where I'm 3 miles down, providing suppressive fire for an 8-fingered engineer pursued by human-alien hybrids still slick with "VAT-fterbirth", slipping and crashing into each other, splashing about in the puddles of their own creation like murderous baby giraffes.
I chuckle at the spectacle- until one squirts through the flailing pile and bears down on me with all the shark-eyed destructive intent of that anonymous ancient hero who murdered the last neanderthal with a prehistoric knuckleball.

The engineer gets out alive. I wake up, unable to shake the lingering stink of gunpowder and vaporized flesh.

And then I log on.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so ya, crop circles are mostly just juvenile pranksters. but here's the thing, how do they know an alien language?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

:siren: rare doomsday economics/ufo thread crossover event :siren:

Speaking of weed, this is killing me right now

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Lpzie posted:

so ya, crop circles are mostly just juvenile pranksters. but here's the thing, how do they know an alien language?

even crop circles are real these days

poo poo's wild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2BQyZorSQc

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lpzie posted:

:hmmyes: juvenile aliens

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Finished the Astonishing Legends on bigfoot film and remain unconvinced, they handwave away too many of the big holes in the story with pure speculation/fiction. Specifically the timeline of flying the footage to Seattle and getting it processed relying on a mysterious processing lab being greased by an unknown benefactor's money, and the "Patterson could have filmed a different video with the Morris monkey suit Hieronomous wore" idea, for which there is zero evidence other than some speculative stuff a technician said. And all the stuff about muscle jiggle and how unbelievable it being a suit is, that all just seems like people seeing what they want to see in a few seconds of low quality shaky film.

It's definitely worth listening to though, lots of good info and interesting interviews.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Killing the ego is tough

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

sharknado slashfic posted:

Killing the ego is tough
Real

Also real

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Killing the ego is tough

I forget which book said that as you approach taking the psychedelic/using some kind of meditative practice to induce a psychedelic state, all the fear you feel is your ego begging you not to kill it

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Inspector Hound posted:

I forget which book said that as you approach taking the psychedelic/using some kind of meditative practice to induce a psychedelic state, all the fear you feel is your ego begging you not to kill it
I don't know what book that is either, but I have seen or felt exactly that personally many times. The ego gets very terrified very quickly at the prospect of not existing, even briefly. When I get really deep into my meditation, or do enough shrooms or salvia, it sometimes feels like a massive black pit opening up in my gut. I can usually choose to turn back, but the true way through it is to step off the cliff. imo, the ego is excess growth that has to be managed, like a bonsai. Ego death is not actually death, but life for the rest of yourself.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

That...makes a lot of sense actually. Ty.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
dough killing it though

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Inspector Hound posted:

i have thought this for a very long time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am now pansexual

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

do not gently caress the bread, or any bread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pretzels and cakes sometimes maybe

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

What happens when u induce an oob and kill your physical body as your ghost self

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

I am now pansexual

It's the safest bet really

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Cast iron or more of a coppersonna

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Squizzle posted:

How else am I supposed to to farm yeast then?

Squizzle posted:

:hmmrona:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Squizzle posted:

gently caress all the bread

become painsexuel

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I too have felt a sharp tug on the reigns as I tip-toed towards the crumbly cliff of unknowable whatever.

Arrogantly, I did a 360 kick flip while flashing a full bird at the entity whomst claimed to be me,

And chomped down hard on a bit of madness.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Lackey posted:

Thank you for sharing her experience with us, and I look forward to hearing about your session. I know it's probably difficult to try to extract yourself from expectations (I'm excited for you, too!), but at least you're keeping that in mind. I hope it is illuminating for you.

I have had similar experiences with an alternative healer whom I saw for many months before moving out of state, about eight years ago. Mentioned things I'd never discussed, was very matter-of-fact. During one particular session I learned that that your higher self doesn't like it when you talk about yourself in a deprecating manner, even in jest. Seriously, don't use your words against yourself. I never revealed to him at the time that I had a habit of saying "I'm dumb" (as a joke when making a mistake, forgetting something, whatever—and had certainly never said it to him). "I" was complaining to him about my self poo poo-talking, very specifically the statement "I'm dumb".

It actually made me change my habits about any sort of negative self-talk. I can feel dumb, but I'm not dumb. Neither are any of you.

My session is tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back how it goes.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

$1 hints at past lives
$5 healing color reveals
$10 funnel cakes + id murder

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Squizzle posted:

i could really go for a funnel cake doused in powdered sugar, whip cream, and strawberries right now

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

D-Pad posted:

So my wife had an incredibly interesting experience today.

I have long believed that the vast vast vast majority of psychics, mediums, fortune tellers, energy healers, etc are charlatans, con artists, or well meaning but brain dead idiots, however I've always had the feeling that there may be a few real ones amongst all the trash. Sometimes you hear a story that really hits you in the "what if". Anyway my wife has a coworker who told her about a woman who does reiki type massage work and scheduled a session for this morning just to check it out. She had quite the profound experience and was afraid to even tell me about it for fear I would make fun of her or not believe her but I ate it up.

After starting to lay hands on my wife this woman ends up telling her all kinds of things about herself that she could not possibly know. My wife doesn't do social media and these are things that her coworker for example definitely does not know about only a few close friends and family. She was not asking my wife leading questions or any questions at all she just started stating all these incredibly personal details with 100% accuracy. I won't go into details because of the private nature of these things but they were not at all the type of more general stuff you sometimes see from a really good mentalist, I was honestly blown away and it affected my wife enough she was crying while telling me the story. Also a lot of these details were not related to each other in the sense that you will see a good mentalist confirm a more broad statement and use that to start making more educated guesses as the person confirms them. In addition to that some other weird things happened. My wife was wearing a sleep mask but she multiple times saw colored lights coming from the bottom where she could just barely see and this was in a dark room without any kind of setup she saw to produce lights. My wife asked her if she opened a window or turned on the lights and the woman just giggled and didn't acknowledge the question otherwise. At another point my wife very clearly felt a hand on her right elbow while the woman was on her left side and had both her hands placed on other areas of her body. My wife had not heard the door or any person entering the room and asked the woman if somebody else had come in the room because of what she was feeling. The woman seemed to express genuine surprise and told my wife she was surprised she was feeling that as most of her clients don't but that she has a spirit guide who likes to help her in her work. At that point the hand stroked down her arm and my wife said her right hand involuntarily curled closed and it felt like she had a very intense sensation that she was holding something very warm.

What I found most interesting that really sealed the deal for me is my wife told me this woman is completely blind in one eye and only has 20% vision in the other due to a degenerative disease. After the session was over she invited my wife to ask questions and my wife enquired how she had learned or was able to do this. The woman said she was raised in a very strict christian household and thought this kind of thing was bad growing up but she started a regular massage therapist school and found that during massages she started to feel zaps in her hands and as her loss of eyesight progressed it got more intense. She would also throw up uncontrollably after sessions where this happened. She decided to go with it and took some more esoteric classes and embraced it and now she's where she is with it now. Loss of eyesight being entwined with this type of thing is a trope as old as humanity and I've heard more than once that throwing up after these types of things is associated with the real deal.

My wife is not the woo type at all (she's a doctor), I was surprised to hear she went to a reiki type session at all. It was very obvious in the way she told the story that it was a profound experience and really made her question some things. The woman also gave her some really great advice about handling the issues she somehow knew without being told. I'm going to reach out to schedule a session Monday and will report back. I wish I could go into it blind because now I feel like my expectations have been built up way to much but I am planning on doing some meditating beforehand and going into it open minded as possible with the fewest expectations I can manage.

Edit: one other detail I forgot. My wife said at multiple points during the session when she closed her eyes her entire vision would go from black to a full on color, usually green. She asked the woman about this after and was told green was the color of healing.

Mama, kudos for saying that. For spilling. 🫖

I also have been to a Reiki therapy thing at work offered it for free. I was a skeptic but I did notice that they lay their hands on a spot and right after I felt what I can describe as a deep release and movement (they didn’t move their hands prior), then they moved on to another area.

really surprised me. made me ponder if something was really occurring.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Merry August Luemas

https://x.com/LueElizondo/status/1792918091875156402

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gonna steal that book

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lue is a really bad writer, so I hope he has a good editor.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Gross, Lue. Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

On the bright side, press copies have to start going out soon so it's probably gonna leak way before then