Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

:laffo:

Yeah, wait, what the gently caress?

OMG. This makes much more sense, and much more humorous. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

General Lee and Alexander the Great, one and the same

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Trump is wholly motivated by whatever makes him feel good. Sticking it to IT Obama makes him feel good. He seeks those good feels by undoing whatever Obama did as he discovers it, unless somebody can convince him that doing so would cause him immediate bad feels.

He has the motivation and intelligence of a toddler. And judging by his backside, the continence of one, too.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

washington won, lee lost

neither washington or lee's tactics are taught at west point. there is little value of teaching line infantry tactics. maybe as part of some comparative history course

"Napolean"

i also dont know what shaka or ramses 2 have to do with this, iirc shaka built his empire largely through diplomacy. idk anything about ramses but i doubt he rebelled against some larger government

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy loving poo poo, this owns so hard. How are they all this stupid?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I agree, they were both wildly gay and uncontrollably attracted to Persian men.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

My favorite heart warming story is how the "prussian blue" girls from like 2003 ended up growing up to realize they were horrible and renounced all the nazi stuff and just became pro weed advocates instead.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Chilichimp posted:

I agree, they were both wildly gay and uncontrollably attracted to Persian men.

I mean, aren't we all?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Cyrus was cooler anyway, to bring back the "Persia was better than Rome/Greece" discussion.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
There is literally no difference between Washington and Lee.

Both were men

Both served in a military

Both were literally Alexander the Great

Both were the same nameless immortal vampire manipulating humanity to entertain themselves

No. Difference.

Checkmate lieberals

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

I mean, aren't we all?

Every furry wants to gently caress a Persian.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep. We are fortunate that a poo poo ton of these Nazis are loving cowards at heart. If they know that every time they assemble in public that they'll be met with a group that greatly outnumbers them they'll think twice about going at all.

He said as much. "When I have my gun(s), I always feel more comfortable". the gently caress kind of life have you made for yourself where you're only secure amongst people if you are heavily armed?

EDIT: Also, holy poo poo. That dumb rear end gave out his cell number?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

It's true that both men rebelled against the ruling government. That's probably why there's not monuments to Washington all over London, Manchester, and Liverpool.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BlueberryCanary posted:

There is literally no difference between Washington and Lee.

Both were men

Both served in a military

Both were literally Alexander the Great

Both were the same nameless immortal vampire manipulating humanity to entertain themselves

No. Difference.

Checkmate lieberals

That loving hurt my head to read because I know there is a Fox News viewer out there who will hear this tomorrow, nod, and take it as sage learned advice. Because lawyer.
This made me feel better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7uXX9K7Sk
Last music I'll post I promise. Motown heals.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

boner confessor posted:

i also dont know what shaka or ramses 2 have to do with this
Like Washington, Napoleon and Alexander the Great, they were leaders in Civilization 5.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Vigil at UVA happening right now:

https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/897995346726588416

:unsmith:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Oh...my....god:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/897869227130068992

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

KickerOfMice posted:

There will probably conspiracy stories in a day or two: "who funds A.N.T.I.F.A.? - this has to be organized" And the answer will be George Soros.

antifa anagrams into I NAFTA

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
There's actually no difference between Robert E. Lee and George Washington in that Martin Sheen portrayed both Lee AND a President.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

reporters cannot loving figure out what in god's name bannon could have been thinking when he called up a reporter he'd never met or spoken to before, said all that crazy poo poo, and didn't realize the reporter might report on it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

skylined! posted:

antifa anagrams into I NAFTA

Don't forget also: I FANTA

the most vile of all soft drink manufacturers

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

This has gotten me interested in reading about the Civil War. Does anyone know some good Civil War history books?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
My greatest concern right now is that it's only going to take one left wing radical type to freak out and open fire or or down the wrong building or something and the narrative will immediately shift back to the "both sides" crap. I think it's a distinct possibility that someone just fed up to here and really frustrated with all this recent poo poo could cross a serious line.

Obviously, I hope I am mistaken.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

evilweasel posted:

reporters cannot loving figure out what in god's name bannon could have been thinking when he called up a reporter he'd never met or spoken to before, said all that crazy poo poo, and didn't realize the reporter might report on it

Bannon is Doofus Surkov from another dimension, is my best explanation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Can you?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Deadulus posted:

This has gotten me interested in reading about the Civil War. Does anyone know some good Civil War history books?

https://www.amazon.com/Ordeal-Fire-Civil-War-Reconstruction/dp/0077430352

Had to read this for an upper division Civil War history class. Professor sucked butts, but the book was good poo poo. Be forewarned though, it's 700+ pages, but there's a LOT of detail.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Mr Interweb posted:

Don't forget also: I FANTA

the most vile of all soft drink manufacturers

You've been brainwashed by Big RC Cola

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Deadulus posted:

Battle cry of freedom is THE book

Shelby footes books are great but you can feel his southern heritage leaking out

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

Maybe his buddy Jack talked him into it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

not in the least

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Deadulus posted:

Get Shelby Foote's trilogy.

https://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Narrative-Perryville-Vintage/dp/0394746236/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502935956&sr=8-1&keywords=shelby+foote

It is super detailed, especially when it comes to describing battles. But he really captures nearly the entire scope of the war.

Also, he was the most entertaining dude in Ken Burns' Civil War.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Thanks

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

My greatest concern right now is that it's only going to take one left wing radical type to freak out and open fire or or down the wrong building or something and the narrative will immediately shift back to the "both sides" crap. I think it's a distinct possibility that someone just fed up to here and really frustrated with all this recent poo poo could cross a serious line.

Obviously, I hope I am mistaken.

is steve scalise out of the hospital yet?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Deadulus posted:

Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Deadulus posted:

This is usually a good place to ask :D

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785167

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/898005072709206016

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

withak posted:

Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove.

lol isn't this alt-history or did Harry actually write some non-fiction?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

evilweasel posted:

Well he is an alcoholic and after awhile they get broke brained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You may be overestimating us

"I wonder if they have it in 'em. Been taught a lot of nonsense in the last twenty years. Learned to distrust everything. Don't believe that you can get anywhere by hard work. Don't believe that anything in the world is worth fighting for." - And Keep Your Powder Dry

• Locked thread