Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Did not see that thank you.

Honest question two. In the Ynarri Eldar thing their god, I understand that if something dies it can enter play but if it is already in play can it do that if something else dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

ro5s posted:

Huh, I didn't think those were much good, they've not got many attacks, only hit on a 4+ and S6 isn't great anymore. They're doing a lot of damage against you?

He eats my marines alive

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

For_Great_Justice posted:

Did not see that thank you.

Honest question two. In the Ynarri Eldar thing their god, I understand that if something dies it can enter play but if it is already in play can it do that if something else dies?

Yes. If anything dies the player can teleport it as close to that squad as possible (As long as it's more than 1" from enemy models).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DiHK posted:

Except Blood Angel & Space Wolf Intercessor Sergeants. These remember how to chainsword, but cannot Powersword.

Of course they do.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I share this dream, but forgeworld dropping some of their models because of poor sales doesn't make me hopeful.

I still stand firmly that the issue wasn't the desire, but the resin Knarlocks.

Also price.

Edit: It mostly annoys me because the Kroot lore of 'They adapt traits of the things they eat' sounds like such a fantastic gimmick to create Beefy Marine-esque Kroot, Lithe+graceful eldar kroot, hulking idiot ork-kroot (I actually converted 3 of these, I am going to dig them out for the sake of showing them here).

I really want more bestial/interesting races in 40k :(

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 8, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I still stand firmly that the issue wasn't the desire, but the resin Knarlocks.

Also price.

Edit: It mostly annoys me because the Kroot lore of 'They adapt traits of the things they eat' sounds like such a fantastic gimmick to create Beefy Marine-esque Kroot, Lithe+graceful eldar kroot, hulking idiot ork-kroot (I actually converted 3 of these, I am going to dig them out for the sake of showing them here).

I really want more bestial/interesting races in 40k :(

I mean, isn't that kind of the Tyranid gimmick too? I wish they'd explore that angle with Genestealers more, too. Even if they don't want giant mixed xeno groups of 'stealers floating around, at least abhuman variants like Ogryn-stealers and Ratling-stealers could be cool.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 8, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

I mean, isn't that kind of the Tyranid gimmick? I wish they'd explore that angle with Genestealers more, too. Even if they don't want giant mixed xeno groups of 'stealers floating around, at least abhuman variants like Ogryn-stealers and Ratling-stealers could be cool.

Similar, but Tyranids are more refined in how it works. Tyranids consume biomass, the great big gooey centre of the Tyranid hivemind basically catalogues DNA and poo poo, and selects the good stuff to make more creatures to fight.

Kroot basically eat something and subsequent generations of Kroot take on the characteristics of what they eat, including the bad parts. They then run the risk of hitting an evolutionary dead end.

Such as Kroot-hounds, a sect of Kroot where lead by their shaper to eat doggos and they accidentally ended up full doggo. But hey, now the Kroot have vicious tracker hounds.

Similar, but subtly different.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Pray for the people who converted up the winged kroot as well.

goose willis posted:

He eats my marines alive

Don't forget about the one tail attack they get, along with the bonuses that 2 scything talons have. Having less than 10 wounds is kind of a blessing too. Nothing like a close combat tyranid monster that can only hit on 5s after taking 6-7 wounds!
Next time I bring out the Tyranids I do want to try the Deathleaper. Having -2 to hit for all attacks (range and CC) and the ability to pop up pretty much near any character should be fun.

Though looking at the Genestealer Cult I am kind of disappointed. The metamorphs are pointless and the acolytes are basically ork boys but at double the cost. Not to mention the Seismic Cannons are some of the worse weapons in the game for their price. I just hope the Tyranid codex is Tyranids + Genestealer Cult, and the latter gets a boost.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

LordAba posted:

^^^ Pray for the people who converted up the winged kroot as well.

I am one of these people

Using these wings:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kroot don't eat Tyrinids cause apparently there is too much different stuff in them. Also the Shapers also have a feeling bad poo poo would happen if Tyrinid became part of the Kroot Makeup.

There are apparently three types of creatures they are not supposed to eat. Tyrinids as mentioned, Humans that worship chaos. (Don't want to get the chaos stuff in the Kroot makeup. This is a bit harder for the Kroot to do then the other two cause it's hard for them to tell the average cultist apart from any other human.) And lastly Tau, which is more a respect thing. Tau don't want Kroot to eat their dead and the Kroot owe the Tau, so they said ok we won't eat your dead.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Do Kroot ever go Chaos?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Nothing canonically, they seem to have a instinctive repulsion towards Chaos, they can tell something's Chaos-tainted before they accidentally chow down on it.

But then again they're also mercs, wouldn't put it past them to work for some Chaos baddies and whoops there's tentacles coming out my nipples now.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

goose willis posted:

Do Kroot ever go Chaos?

Kroot shapers forbid the consumption of anything tainted by Chaos.

SteelMentor posted:

Nothing canonically, they seem to have a instinctive repulsion towards Chaos, they can tell something's Chaos-tainted before they accidentally chow down on it.

But then again they're also mercs, wouldn't put it past them to work for some Chaos baddies and whoops there's tentacles coming out my nipples now.

However if there is no Shapers around....

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Final pictures of my friends collection have been taken. Last up: Orks. Lots and lots of Orks. I was dumb and didn't take any group pictures of all the Orks, so instead here are some neat things, most of which I have no idea what they are because the GW website is incredibly unhelpful, in particular with the helicopter things and some of the HQ stuff.

Apologies for the image dump.

Standard Bearer

Big Trucks

Some Cans

Helicopter Things

Bad day to be a tesla coil?

Heavies

HQ

More HQ?

Sea of Green

Medic

The Most Bad-rear end Helicopters Ever

Orks with Jumpjets?

Small Trucks

Forgeworld truck maybe?

Troops 1

Troops 2

Troops 3

I think if I ever got back into 40k, I'd probably play Orks, because they seem like they're just having a great loving time.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Primaris not being able to take Chain Swords is why I went Howling Griffons instead of Flesh Tearers.

Really wanted to make a Primaris Gabriel Seth.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I like Sisters, but I also like giant robots.

Are the Knights a good supplement force for the former (looking at the ranged variants specifically)?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Imperial Knights are great for any Imperial force, pretty much exactly their role.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

For whoever was asking. My store had it's a week or two ago, still putting him together.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol hope you don't get a 1 on your Rites re-roll too if you Supercharge, otherwise there just went your 6-7 wound HQ

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Just don't supercharge the pistol? :kiddo:

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Always supercharge.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ineptmule posted:

Just don't supercharge the pistol? :kiddo:

Look at this heretic with no faith in the Emperor.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Supercharge the pistol then use Only In Death Does Duty End to powerfist them to death along with you.:black101:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I was thinking of doing a new Batman/DC miniatures thread as the old one died a long time ago. Particularly as 2nd edition is going with cheaper models and less complicated force structures.

Anyone here play it?

Is there a general tabletop chat thread anymore? What's up with the death thread at the moment?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Big McHuge posted:

Final pictures of my friends collection have been taken. Last up: Orks. Lots and lots of Orks.

Sea of Green

Hnnn right in the nostalgia. That monopose Space Gretchin is the first miniature I ever put paint on some time in the grim darkness of the far future of 1995

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Thundercloud posted:

I was thinking of doing a new Batman/DC miniatures thread as the old one died a long time ago. Particularly as 2nd edition is going with cheaper models and less complicated force structures.

Anyone here play it?

Is there a general tabletop chat thread anymore? What's up with the death thread at the moment?

It was always a game I was interested, but could never really find anything about it online. Hopefully the thread would at least have cool pictures of various Bat Gentlemen.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

Look at this heretic with no faith in the Emperor.

I just had to have a fiddle around with BattleScribe to get him working and I'm amazed that a Powerfist is 20 points. Are they that good? (I'm totally new to 8th)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Harkano posted:

I just had to have a fiddle around with BattleScribe to get him working and I'm amazed that a Powerfist is 20 points. Are they that good? (I'm totally new to 8th)

STR 8, AP-3 D3 damage could stand up to punching a tank. And make giblets of infantry when it hits.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Harkano posted:

For whoever was asking. My store had it's a week or two ago, still putting him together.

Awesome, thanks. And what a surprise GW is too loving stupid to let people actually give their Primaris options.

EDIT: Oh wait, he's a completely separate model. I guess that's a choice.

What do you think about the model?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 8, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Harkano posted:

They're normally 12pts.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Awesome, thanks. And what a surprise GW is too loving stupid to let people actually give their Primaris options.

They're leaning too hard into the whole "no model, no option" thing. I think they're looking at stuff like Warmachine and Malifaux where you typically have "a dude" and not "a dude, who can have ten different weapons" and cargo-culting a little bit from that, without realising part of the strength of 40k over the years has been how adaptable it is and how good it's been at keeping older stuff relevant.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why not?

I see the limitation in C:SM as 'ULTRAMARINES CAPTAIN only'?

Edit: Also the model is awesome, though I'm painting the unhelmeted head separately as he's looking too closely into his shoulder.

Harkano fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 8, 2017

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Corrode posted:

They're normally 12pts.

They're leaning too hard into the whole "no model, no option" thing. I think they're looking at stuff like Warmachine and Malifaux where you typically have "a dude" and not "a dude, who can have ten different weapons" and cargo-culting a little bit from that, without realising part of the strength of 40k over the years has been how adaptable it is and how good it's been at keeping older stuff relevant.

Figured it out. They were 20 in Index:I1 but 12 in C:SM

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If I want a covenant as Renegades but I don't want to bother fielding a Renegade commander because they're a lovely waste of model can I just pay the 25 points for one and say he's permanently in reserves?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

No don't be dumb.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

:siren: UK Goons! :siren:

If you or anyone you know recently had a Sisters/BT army stolen in the Warrington area, the Warrington police have it!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Sanford you can't just come out with great news like that and not dish on the vile perpetrator of this terrible crime.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Big McHuge posted:

Final pictures of my friends collection have been taken. Last up: Orks. Lots and lots of Orks. I was dumb and didn't take any group pictures of all the Orks, so instead here are some neat things, most of which I have no idea what they are because the GW website is incredibly unhelpful, in particular with the helicopter things and some of the HQ stuff.

Apologies for the image dump.

Standard Bearer

Big Trucks

Some Cans

Helicopter Things

Bad day to be a tesla coil?

Heavies

HQ

More HQ?

Sea of Green

Medic

The Most Bad-rear end Helicopters Ever

Orks with Jumpjets?

Small Trucks

Forgeworld truck maybe?

Troops 1

Troops 2

Troops 3

I think if I ever got back into 40k, I'd probably play Orks, because they seem like they're just having a great loving time.

These are all really nice and should sell well. I can identify most of them for you:

Standard Bearer = Converted Boy
Big Trucks = Battlewagons ,fully kitted out
Some Cans = Killa Kans
Helicopter Things == Black Reach Deffkoptas these are getting harder and harder to find
Bad day to be a tesla coil? = Big mek with kustom force field
Heavies = Lootas with meks
HQ = Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun and Wierdboy
More HQ? = Ghazghkull Thraka
Sea of Green = Looks like 2nd edition Space Orks... Sluggas on the left, shootas on the right. Paint those up and SRM will fight you with his vintage Ultramarines.
Medic = Older metal Painboy
The Most Bad-rear end Helicopters Ever = (Well) Converted Black Reach deffkoptas
Orks with Jumpjets? = Stormboyz with Boss Zagstruk
Small Trucks = Ork Trukk
Forgeworld truck maybe? = Converted Ork Trukk, not Forgeworld but still looks good
Troops 1 = Ork Boyz (Slugga boyz with big shootas)
Troops 2 = Ork Boyz (Slugga Boyz with big shootas and rokkits)
Troops 3 = Ork Boyz (Slugga Boyz)

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

Imperial Knights are great for any Imperial force, pretty much exactly their role.

Any variants that are trap choices?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I was looking into knights as well, and as far as I understand it the base knight variants (ie, not the forge world ones with the faux latin names) have the same basic chassis, so you can run it as any of them if you swap the weapons. However, the smaller kits don't necessarily come with all the options so you'd have to get the extra parts somehow. Is this correct?

I admit the primary draw of a knight for me is that I loving love magnetizing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
best knight is dual gatling knight