Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Armed are streaming their new album via the A/V Club.

It's soooo good.

I wish they would tour outside of the Detroit area :(

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i really wanna go to obscene extreme america but for some reason it's in canada

did nobody tell these guys that canada != america

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
In case anyone hasn't heard, Jeff Rosenstock and Spraynard are gonna be touring together soon.
I'm beyond pumped.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Bad Cop/Bad Cop's new album is great if you're into that sorta thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GOD IS BED posted:

In case anyone hasn't heard, Jeff Rosenstock and Spraynard are gonna be touring together soon.
I'm beyond pumped.

I thought he was touring with Dan Andriano?

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought he was touring with Dan Andriano?

Same tour

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
my friend toby plays in high dive and they're EXTREMELY good

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Ferrule posted:

another thing that is extremely good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

not coming to NC, bummed as gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Having my first taste of the punk band Millencolin off of Tony Hawk 2 with their hit "No Cigar" I have been trying my best keeping up with the band. I heard No Cigar and instantly loved it and told my mom to please buy me Pennybridge Pioneers. It was "the" punk album of the 2000 and it kept me up some nights. I was hooked. My eyes were set on this band. Any news that came from them I had to know whether it were touring dates or album news. I would revisit their older material and absorb every song they produced. Apparently a member of the band does all their album covers so that's pretty cool. I would browse every Punk-o-Ramas looking for unreleased (at least in the US) material and B-sides and got looking with some. One being "Bowmore" and "Queen's Gambit" I would often visit the offical site in '05 just to hear word of a new album. I got lucky when they released about a 30 second clip of "Birdie" on their site. I was hooked. I loved PP, and I loved HfH. After listening to just those 30 seconds of Birdie, I knew that was going to be my song to share with others. The album (KIngwood) gets released and right away I am loving it. "Farewell my Hell" is a favorite of mine so much that I use it for one of my BH kills of a Jedi from Star Wars Galaxies. The lyrics and the music match up so well that I still can watch it. Of course I loved Birdie. Everytime I played the song the windows would come down. This was a public experience to me. "Mooseman's Jukebox" is my most biggest surprise. At the beginning Millencolin was fast -- really fast. Overtime though they slowed down, but with this song it showed they still can keep up and loving rock. Waited three whole years later for Machine 15 and still not quite sure what to make of it to this day. Some songs are just okay, while others are just meh. One thing for sure is that "Ducks and Drakes" gets me pumped up for whatever reason. "Saved by Hell" is just different but I like it and "End Piece" was just an extension of that. Okay? If I had to pick the defentive song off of that album it would have to be "Brand New Game" it's the one song I go back to. Afterwards, it was basically silent on the Millencolin news. They released an "album" with two new songs I guess, but the rest were just B-sides I've heard before.

That is until now. I guess I just forgot completely about Millencolin that they have recently released a brand new album! Album is called True Brew, and guess what? I am digging it a lot. I guess the reason why I kinda blew off any news of the band was because I tought Nikola was off doing his own thing, thankfully I was wrong. The album really reminds me of Pennybridge Pioneers. I am definitely liking it better than Machine 15 (this probably helps since I don't play WoW anymore) and I am really dissecting the lyrics this time. So far so good. Quite a surprise to find out this late at night, but hey, so far so good. I hope they tour in the US this year/soon.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

It's soooo good.

I wish I had known about them when I was still in the Detroit area :(

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

It's soooo good.

Ya The Armed loving rips. I heard about them a few years ago on SA, back when there were like six dudes in the band one of the members was a goon.....not sure if he is still in the band or not.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The end of Dead Artist when it's just drums and screaming is :gizz:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think even the people that actually like Refused in this thread have to admit that the new album is kind of poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
On a more positive note I just saw Coliseum and United Nations and it was super rad

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I think even the people that actually like Refused in this thread have to admit that the new album is kind of poo poo.

no it's good

not great, but good

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Nope it's good. I wasn't expecting them to follow up shape of Punk to come 18 years later with a masterpiece but Freedom is solid.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's actually really bad if the new tracks they've been playing on Factiom are any indication

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
Last night I saw Flogging Molly on a pier in what was basically a hurricane with the Philly tall ships rolling on the choppy river as a real life backdrop. Although epic, the show was so lovely that I'm actually trying to get my money back.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
gently caress, Celeste is touring the US for once and coming nowhere near CA.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

rivals posted:

gently caress, Celeste is touring the US for once and coming nowhere near CA.

I don't know what made them decide to play Atlanta but Im glad they are.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
NOFX and Alkaline Trio are doing a joint UK tour at the moment with Lagwagon and different local bands in support. Saw the second show in Birmingham earlier today and NOFX loving killed it, played all of Punk in Drublic in full amongst a poo poo load of other songs, thought they would have lost it a bit by now bit they were as good as ever, the others were also good but couldn't quite compare.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Hey. Would this be the thread where we can talk about Wavves and Nathan's side projects?

Because I want to talk to someone about Wavves/Cloud Nothings and Spirit Club.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Hey. Would this be the thread where we can talk about Wavves and Nathan's side projects?

hopefully not but also probably

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
you can talk about whatever

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Because I want to talk to someone about Wavves/Cloud Nothings and Spirit Club.

Indie thread would probably be better

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I saw Refused at Punk Rock Bowling this year and they were loving terrible.

Thank god the storm rolled in and cut the set short.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
lmao i want to go to punk rock bowling

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Anyone give the new Self Defense Family rec a listen?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Celeste live ruled, pretty fun show

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

virinvictus posted:

is there another one

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Literally The Worst posted:

is there another one

A new day has dawned, hasn't it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cf posted:

A new day has dawned, hasn't it?

I'm amazed when bands release new material

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Ferrule posted:

It's really good.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

virinvictus posted:

It's really good.

http://www.stereogum.com/1810523/stream-self-defense-family-heaven-is-earth-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Stravinsky posted:

It's really good.

I missed that this thing happened so thanks for letting me know this thing happened, because it's very good.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Saw Defeater two days ago in Warsaw, it was the wildest loving show I've been to. Super small, cramped club, tons of people and yet it was no issue getting to the very front. After Brothers they started their heavy stuff and people started climbing on stage and stagediving out. Screamed my lungs out :v: and got a few minor injuries from my own stagediving. Wish my friend took a picture of me after the show, drenched in sweat with a bloody nose. This is what concerts are about.

also got to talk to the guys and they are cool as hell

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm excited about seeing American Football tonight. Wonder if this tour will lead into a new album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Speaking of Defeater, can anyone reccomend some more stuff like them?