Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They should just start completely stonewalling pat when he starts talking about ffxiv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Will the guy ever go back to the Evil Within? I know everyone seems to have retroactively called it irredeemable crap, but hey they just removed the letterboxing!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Gestalt Illusion posted:

The FFXIV segment is killing me inside.

Pat's got a point about willingly playing a markedly worse character for no benefit in a team based game being kind of lovely, but if the guy in question is primarily playing with friends and they're all cool with it or do it themselves then it shouldn't be a big deal. Pat being neurotic and Liam being an aggressive apologist should be nothing to bat an eyelash at at this point but when they clash sometimes it's still pretty hard to listen to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think it's valid because if he ever does a roulette or whatever he's making GBS threads up that team too. Like I guess if we can keep those dudes in cryo-pods only accessed by their friends rock on but Pat's right that there's zero reason at all to do it and you're actively gimping yourself for literal nothing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A line has been crossed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

the line is the line to my wallet opening with a bursting sound effect

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This season of GoT was so bad I went from "both versions are equally good but flawed" to "I will never watch more of the show."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

This season of GoT was so bad I went from "both versions are equally good but flawed" to "I will never watch more of the show."

I haven't watched the show after the first season but "good" is a pretty strong word for the last two books. Did the show manage to be worse?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

I haven't watched the show after the first season but "good" is a pretty strong word for the last two books. Did the show manage to be worse?

I like FFC and parts of Dance (boy the parts I don't like I REALLY don't like though), but the show is infinitely worse though.

E: Dance is truly amazing because it creates Tyrion chapters that are somehow less tolerable than Cersei chapters.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 23, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

God if this game never comes out for a real system it'll be the greatest loss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please stop referring to him as culprit now, holy poo poo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wonder, with all the Shattered Memories stuff going on, if the SBF know a game by the creator of Shattered Memories comes out tomorrow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Please stop referring to him as culprit now, holy poo poo.

Nerds will never call Adachi by his name, I'm sorry to say.

He will never reach Bowser levels of just being outted as the villain in all conversations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

Nerds will never call Adachi by his name, I'm sorry to say.

He will never reach Bowser levels of just being outted as the villain in all conversations.

Jesus christ dude spoilers!!!

How can you just go around revealing that Bowser is a bad guy like that t:mad:

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
How can a man be electrocuted by a TV when the power is out?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I've always found that the best mystery stories have not been "Who did it?" but "How do we prove this fucker did it?".

Also, how the hell does Adachi fit into P4DAN? Doesn't the game take place well after P4 finished?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is calling him "culprit" instead of his name supposed to AVOID spoilers? It seems like a pretty overt spoiler to me.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo every episode of ride to hell just gets better, the latest one is amazingly stupid

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh also I totally forgot but "after how dull the Just Cause 3 trailer was" :psyduck:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"after how dull the Just Cause 3 trailer was"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rodyle posted:

Oh also I totally forgot but "after how dull the Just Cause 3 trailer was" :psyduck:

Yeah, the one at square enix was. Did you actually watch that conference? It was basically Bueler...bueler describing hot action very badly and boring.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Yeah, the one at square enix was. Did you actually watch that conference? It was basically Bueler...bueler describing hot action very badly and boring.

I did and the completely straight delivery only made the tethered helicopters even better.

Just Cause 2 rules, JC2 multiplayer rules, JC3 will probably be second only to the Witcher this year.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean OK it's not the fever dream of Yoko Taro commanding a Platinum team but still.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's like a billion open world games coming this year, and you pick the bare bones explosion one? I think that's a taste difference at this point.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't want to emptyquote myself posting those gifs so instead I'll say I feel genuinely sorry for you if you can't look at spectacle like that and go "I want to be the person that makes that happen".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's a weird number of people calling the SE conference the worst/most boring one and I've just resigned myself that some people have really lovely taste or don't know the PC conference exists. Or EA. Or Ubi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too got excited for JC3 from the trailer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

There's like a billion open world games coming this year, and you pick the bare bones explosion one? I think that's a taste difference at this point.

So what you're saying is you never played JC2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rodyle posted:

So what you're saying is you never played JC2

I did. Turns out people like different things and genres, buddy! I'm not jamming down basketball simulation games as the best thing ever because I have perspective.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NBA Street was the bomb tho

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

I did. Turns out people like different things and genres, buddy! I'm not jamming down basketball simulation games as the best thing ever because I have perspective.

Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is a masterpiece though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wiseblood posted:

Is calling him "culprit" instead of his name supposed to AVOID spoilers? It seems like a pretty overt spoiler to me.

Well, if you just say 'Villain' when talking about a videogame that isn't looking to arrest someone, yeah?

If people were talking about Armstrong and keep just saying Villain when talking about him roiding up on nanomachines and no-selling your attacks it'd do pretty well at keeping his identity a secret y'know?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, but that makes the conversation annoying as hell to listen to and everyone saying it sound like a dork. Just say it's gonna be a spoiler and to stop listening for like 3 minutes or deal with the fact everyone knows this loving poo poo already.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That game you like sucks, bitch :ownd :

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, rude

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Why can't you just say his name instead of culprit? I watched that trailer not knowing the ending to P4 and didn't get spoiled until I read this thread.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

Why can't you just say his name instead of culprit? I watched that trailer not knowing the ending to P4 and didn't get spoiled until I read this thread.
He's called M. Bison in the US and people want to avoid confusion.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf, the last time Persona chat came up that referred to Adachi it was when ultimax was coming out and it was pretty obvious he was a villain or a bad guy in some way because his pictures and gameplay were all very deranged and crazy. To avoid spoilers they called him "Culprit", it's been about a year since then so I would hope they can find a way to talk about it now, but god knows they are so crazy about spoiling someone on accident that they will do it again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Kins posted:

He's called M. Bison in the US and people want to avoid confusion.

I appreciate this joke, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Wait isn't he straight up called culprit in ultimax? I swore Woolie said that which is why i l've avoided playing it. I didn't think it was something SBF came up with.