Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

truther posted:

Have you or your partner been following the DNC and Clinton leaks at all?
(not a loaded question, genuinely curious)

Speaking as a Clinton voter, have you? You know this poo poo gets disproven on a minute-by-minute basis, right?

Stop falling for propaganda you dumb gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

I think describing John Key as politically naive is not accurate in the slightest.

On the international stage he most assuredly is.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Somfin posted:

Speaking as a Clinton voter, have you? You know this poo poo gets disproven on a minute-by-minute basis, right?

Please tell me the lead singer of Blink 182 emailing her campaign chair about investigating UFOs is true.
Also the thing about them wanting Trump to win the republican primary is great.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Somfin posted:

What's been disproven? From what I've seen they've just replicated Key's 'stolen emails!!!' thing

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Varkk posted:

Please tell me the lead singer of Blink 182 emailing her campaign chair about investigating UFOs is true.
Also the thing about them wanting Trump to win the republican primary is great.
I dunno why he's asking; he clearly already knows

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

On the international stage he most assuredly is.
Only if you assume his audience isn't New Zealand.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

WE B Boo-ourgeois posted:

What's been disproven? From what I've seen they've just replicated Key's 'stolen emails!!!' thing

In short, the WikiLeaks data have been shown to contain obviously doctored/faked items, which means that every single thing in there is suspect and the whole loving thing has been quietly dropped by anyone who ever tried to use them in anger.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 12, 2016

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Somfin posted:

In short, the WikiLeaks data have been shown to contain obviously doctored/faked items, which means that every single thing in there is suspect and the whole loving thing has been quietly dropped by anyone who ever tried to use them in anger.

One of the reporters who quoted the one guy with the doctored/fake claims later apologized on twitter because it was bs.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Something something crusher blames poverty on parents something something

Our next prime minister, ladies and gentlemen

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ratios and Tendency posted:

One of the reporters who quoted the one guy with the doctored/fake claims later apologized on twitter because it was bs.

You're gonna have to help me parse out those negatives

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Ive followed the emails and leaks enough to know it demonstrates significant corruption, elitism, and bad faith... and I am ready to tap in my vote for that ticket so so hard at this point. Honestly never expected it to get this bad, go this far with Trump.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Just grab that elitism by the pussy.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jacobin posted:

Ive followed the emails and leaks enough to know it demonstrates significant corruption, elitism, and bad faith... and I am ready to tap in my vote for that ticket so so hard at this point. Honestly never expected it to get this bad, go this far with Trump.

She's a politician and she's drat good at her job. That means skulduggery, bad faith, and making things certain behind closed doors while they still seem malleable in the public eye.

We just accept that behaviour from literally every other politician while criticising Clinton for it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Somfin posted:

You're gonna have to help me parse out those negatives

The claims that the leak contained some doctored and fabricated information was made by one guy and turned out to be unsubstantiated. One of the journalists(?) that quoted that guy later apologised on twitter.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Somfin posted:

They've disproven the tens of thousands of emails?

e: oh, you were already corrected. What a joke.
You go batshit on me for asking a simple question and then it turns out you based it all on some Twitter block who admitted it was bullshit. Good stuff. Bet you still think you're right though.

truther fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 13, 2016

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Please post actually damning emails from the latest dump, and not poo poo about former aides to Bill Clinton trying to cash in on his name (laughably described as pay to play), which is apparently Hillary Clinton's fault somehow?

Oh no, Chelsea Clinton audited the Clinton Foundation because of her concerns over widespread conflicts of interest at top management level, what massive evidence of Clinton corruption.

truther posted:

They've disproven the tens of thousands of emails?

The vast majority of these emails are completely irrelevant spam, and non-relevant personal emails, there are about 500-1000 that are relevant. Most of those do not directly involve Hillary Clinton, they're normally conversations between her aides. For instance, the most supposedly damning thing from this current leak is that one of her aides told someone she should make an instant denial of wrongdoing when the State Department private email server story broke in the media, because if she did not she'd look guilty.

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 13, 2016

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
ok dude yes the only thing to come out of this is about Chelsea. good to know you're ontop of it all.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

truther posted:

ok dude yes the only thing to come out of this is about Chelsea. good to know you're ontop of it all.

Post something relevant.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Why? I asked a simple question with a yes or no answer about the email investigation and the DNC leaks. I get one dude spitting at his screen in rage and wrongly claims it's all been disproven.

I post asking how the leak was disproven, realising afterwards he was already proven wrong.

Now you demand I post stuff about the Podesta leaks? gently caress off. I'm not interested in a pointless pissing contest, especially with one whose mind is already made up by claiming the only thing of interest is about Chelsea. Why would I waste my time? poo poo, I bet no one hear really wants to talk about it when we have our own Judith Collins being stink to poor people again.

truther fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 13, 2016

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

truther posted:

Why? I asked a simple question with a yes or no answer about the email investigation and the DNC leaks. I get one dude spitting at his screen in rage and wrongly claims it's all been disproven.

I post asking how the leak was disproven, realising afterwards he was already proven wrong.

Yeah he was wrong, the story was about how Sputnik misreported Sydney Blumenthal's quoting of an article as his own words in an email, which some people took to mean the email had been altered, rather than misattributed.

also lol, my mind isn't made up, there is just a distinct lack of anything damning in this particular dump currently, that might change as people continue to report on it.

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 13, 2016

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Please post actually damning emails from the latest dump, and not poo poo about former aides to Bill Clinton trying to cash in on his name (laughably described as pay to play), which is apparently Hillary Clinton's fault somehow?

http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/

Here you go the DNC conspired to make the republicans nominate an unsuitable baffoon to help Hillary on the general election.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

truther posted:

Now you demand I post stuff about the Podesta leaks? gently caress off. I'm not interested in a pointless pissing contest, especially with one whose mind is already made up by claiming the only thing of interest is about Chelsea. Why would I waste my time? poo poo, I bet no one hear really wants to talk about it when we have our own Judith Collins being stink to poor people again.

You haven't read them but you're sure they're both genuine and damning

Ok bro

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Wait, so now I haven't read them?

Do you always just make up stuff to suit your opinion, dude? Genuine question. Totes not loaded at all.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Varkk posted:

http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/

Here you go the DNC conspired to make the republicans nominate an unsuitable baffoon to help Hillary on the general election.

So A: this is brilliant politics, and B: you're linking to a publication that is calling for the US attorney general to be impeached, and one of the only major news publications to endorse Donald J Trump, mainly because his son-in-law runs it.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Plotting to destablise a political party in a democratic country is just brilliant politics?

Come on dude.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
You're reading a loving headline from what is essentially the equivalent of Cam Slater, not reading the loving memo that they're talking about, and then claiming that what they're doing is plotting to destabilise a political party? They're literally talking about doing oppo research on their opponents, and releasing info to the electorate that outs the GOP primary candidates as being far more conservative than they are trying to appear. Read the actual memo.

I agree though, the DNC should just let a literal white supremacist party take the presidency. Jesus Christ.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I agree though, the DNC should just let a literal white supremacist party take the presidency. Jesus Christ.
Ok take the hysteria down a notch bro. Or are you incapable of talking about leaks without shoving moronic comments about Trump down everyone's throats?

It's actually bewildering that people get so upset talking about the leaks that they resort to personal remarks or try and claim you support Trump.

truther fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 13, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

truther posted:

Wait, so now I haven't read them?

Yeah. That's what I'm asserting. From what you've posted here, I can tell you're going by headlines and opinion pieces. I had assumed otherwise given that you called me out for doing the same.

I haven't read them because Assange is too partisan to believe as a source at this point.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Somfin posted:

Yeah. That's what I'm asserting. From what you've posted here, I can tell you're going by headlines and opinion pieces. I had assumed otherwise given that you called me out for doing the same.

I haven't read them because Assange is too partisan to believe as a source at this point.
You get called out for making up bullshit and respond by making up more bullshit.

:smugdon:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

truther posted:

Ok take the hysteria down a notch bro. Or are you incapable of talking about leaks without shoving moronic comments about Trump down everyone's throats?

It's actually bewildering that people get so upset talking about the leaks that they resort to personal remarks or try and claim you support Trump.

I'm calling the GOP a white supremacist party because it is one, not because of DJT, nor am I calling you a Trump supporter. Not sure where you're getting personal remarks from, I just told you to read the memo?

If you don't believe the GOP is a white supremacist party though. Jesus Christ.

Serious question, if you think doing oppo research on political opponents in order to motivate your marginal swing voters to not vote for them is a threat to democracy, the hell do you think gerrymandering, voter suppression, and dog whistle calls for voter intimidation under the guise of 'poll watching' are?

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 13, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

truther posted:

You get called out for making up bullshit and respond by making up more bullshit.

Argument to the stone. You haven't read them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

truther posted:

An accurate description of Donald Trump's presidential race.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Somfin posted:

Argument to the stone. You haven't read them.
"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Good one bro. Ya got me reaaal good.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

truther posted:

"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Nothing you post indicates any actual knowledge of the contents. When someone challenged you on it, you dodged.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

truther posted:

"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Yo in that memo you claim is a threat to democracy, and have totally read, what is in the section about undermining the credibility of GOP primary candidates in the eyes of the Democrat coalition?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
What the gently caress is this? Why are you having dumb arguments over nothing? The USPol thread is not this thread go have your stupid argument there. Discuss NZ politics here.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Somfin posted:

Nothing you post indicates any actual knowledge of the contents. When someone challenged you on it, you dodged.
"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Please waste more of your time.

Likewise, Blanco. Already told you bro, I'm not interested. You seem to resort to hysterical comments whenever someone responds. Good talk bros. Back to Collins...

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

truther posted:

"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Oh my god shut the gently caress up. I never thought I'd ask people to talk more about John Key, but this is the wrong thread for your idiot derail.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

truther posted:

"You didn't read them."
"I read them."
"No you didn't."

Likewise, Blanco. Already told you bro, I'm not interested. You seem to resort to hysterical comments whenever someone responds. Good talk bros. Back to Collins...

Stop loving posting you idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ignore the obvious troll guys

• Locked thread