Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Zyntherius posted:

Could i get an Invite to WoL Ign: Zyntherius

Also, What are peoples oppion on the Jenner IIC 6 SRM-6 build... You know the silly glass cannon build http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=034bc729b177a2c3b55de8bc59841f3113ce8509

What makes it a glass cannon? It has 230/238 armor. Awesome alpha if you can get right behind someone, but it is going to run hot as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zyntherius posted:

Could i get an Invite to WoL Ign: Zyntherius

Also, What are peoples oppion on the Jenner IIC 6 SRM-6 build... You know the silly glass cannon build http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=034bc729b177a2c3b55de8bc59841f3113ce8509

too slow and too hot. That alpha won't help you that much when it's spread all over the place (and when you're spread all over the place because hitting a 129-ish kph light is p. easy)

these two, from metamechs, could work for you:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=9079c2bbaac5bbf88966b509b89eb63362de079e

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=2b0dc85772dfde2982f0f9b78d4a26dceb025573

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'm tickled that my archer W joke build with SRM-2 spam has outperformed the serious ones that I tried using.

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
So I discovered last night that even with a targeting computer & BAP, you can cram 12 small pulse lasers into a Stormcrow, in 2 groups of 6. That's 36 damage per group-shot, 1 shot every 1.125 seconds, for 5 shots before you need to slow down for heat. That's 180 damage in less that 6 seconds. It can carve the limbs off an assault like it was Thanksgiving...

Just don't alpha it.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Always have a keybinding set to fire all 12 at once. It's perfect for those times when you're surrounded and a half second away from death. "Only Corn kills Corn!". I guess you could also request people witness your action. Whatever.

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
Yeah, I rebound the alpha to mouse wheel up, keeps everything nice & central for those times when you absolutely, positively need to shut down RIGHT NOW, & wake up 10 seconds later with large-scale internal CT damage.

I have, in the past, also requested that people witness my historic demise.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Super 3 posted:

In the trash with the Rifleman.

Took my Crabs out for a drive this weekend. I had bought them back during the sale and they are nasty. Their size and speed make it easy to switch from clawing out butt meat to running down some harassing lights. After a while I was getting cocky and making dumb decisions like I was in a heavier mech. I wish MWO had mech emotes so I could scuttle about clacking my claws.

Press the '/' key repeatedly (or whatever you have bound to missile door toggle).

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Supraluminal posted:

Press the '/' key repeatedly (or whatever you have bound to missile door toggle).

You can't open the crab pincers if they don't have weapons in them. I was so very disappointed when I made the Commoners King Crab Special and couldn't clack :(

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
The SHD-5M and the CDA-3M are both really good, really fun mechs to play.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

You can't open the crab pincers if they don't have weapons in them. I was so very disappointed when I made the Commoners King Crab Special and couldn't clack :(

What the hell. Only PGI would descend to this level. WHY WOULD YOU INTENTIONALLY DISABLE CLACKING.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Pattonesque posted:

too slow and too hot. That alpha won't help you that much when it's spread all over the place (and when you're spread all over the place because hitting a 129-ish kph light is p. easy)

these two, from metamechs, could work for you:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=9079c2bbaac5bbf88966b509b89eb63362de079e

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=362&l=2b0dc85772dfde2982f0f9b78d4a26dceb025573

I use the second build here with the SRM4's and SRM2's, though I move the SRM2's into the Center Torso, so one firing group is the arm mounted SRM4's, and the other firing group is the SRM2's. Its probably tied with my single LPL Locust 1v for favorite Light. ( The Jenner IIC will get more damage, but the Locust 1v will survive a bit longer ).

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Is the grasshopper garbage or not? http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=254&l=ad022558c625b5b3dfafe5004d78631f64a9b92e

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Just the geometry. Good luck finding anything that functions as cover for your upscaled underweight Awesome.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What happens when I have advanced target decay and they have target deprivation? Same question if I'm piggybacking off someone else's spot?

Deciding whether to buy it for my C-bill farming missileboat.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Krinkle posted:

What happens when I have advanced target decay and they have target deprivation? Same question if I'm piggybacking off someone else's spot?

Both modules function normally; you lose lock more often due to terrain, but it persists afterwards.

Ante-up: Does anyone know what happens if you and a friend both have target decay, your friend is the forward scout who locks a target, and you lock off of his lock.
Scout loses lock. Does far-back-you lose lock in 2.75 seconds, or twice that?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Deprivation will trump it. As long as they are out of sight, deprivation will take care of them. It's the poor saps that don't have it where target decay really shines.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

eh. its got some issues

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I've tried a bit of Gargoyling using 6 ER Smalls and an LB-20X AC, and though it straight up murders anything with an internal showing, it does very little damage in the process. I keep ending matches with 2-4 kills and only between 200-350 damage. Any advice/builds that could help this?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Haven't played this game in a while

Is it ruined

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Talmonis posted:

I've tried a bit of Gargoyling using 6 ER Smalls and an LB-20X AC, and though it straight up murders anything with an internal showing, it does very little damage in the process. I keep ending matches with 2-4 kills and only between 200-350 damage. Any advice/builds that could help this?

Gargoyle is p. bad unfortunately. you can get much more out of smaller robots

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is it ruined

It is good although it could be better. Pack some Wubs and kick some pubbies.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is it ruined

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So yes

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I like that Steam tracks the game going down the drain

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Advanced radar decay was the worst 6mil I ever spent. Everyone has radar deprivation. Who cares. Ugh.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Krinkle posted:

Advanced radar decay was the worst 6mil I ever spent. Everyone has radar deprivation. Who cares. Ugh.

Just to be clear, it still works. I forget the exact numbers, but let's say regular lock-on decay is 5 seconds. Deprivation deducts 5 seconds, while target retention adds 2.5 seconds.

The time you retain the target should work like this:
No modules : 5 seconds
Deprivation on target, nothing on you: 0 seconds
Nothing on target, retention module on you: 7.5 seconds
Deprivation on target, retention module on you: 2.5 seconds

It's not much, but it's never useless if what you want is longer locks.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

So when I see people just instantly disappear when they step behind cover that's because I wasn't the original spotter and the original spotter does not have target decay?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
That or the only person locked on changed their target.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Obvs response: THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE NON-STEAM COOLGUYS.

That's like, 400-410 more people.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

armchairyoda posted:

Obvs response: THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE NON-STEAM COOLGUYS.

That's like, 400-410 more people.

I'm curious what the general trend is like for other games launched in this way, as it's hard to say if its only Dev decisions or just a general trend for f2p games that already have a low player base.

The obvious solution is to hire Arnold Schwarzenegger while advertising your game because apparently your game be absolute dog poo poo and that will get the masses coming (alternatively the ability to almost instantly install and play a mobile game vs requiring a higher end PC and a huge download might hamper things)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

When did Polar Highlands go live again

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Assuming this ain't ironic, January 19th

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

Assuming this ain't ironic, January 19th

Judgement Day.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The effects are clear.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh Snapple! posted:

Nah, that weird change in the graph coincides with the Rifle Man release. Rifle Man was so bad it killed the game. (Actually Steam charts just switched to hourly polling instead of daily.)

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Krinkle posted:

So when I see people just instantly disappear when they step behind cover that's because I wasn't the original spotter and the original spotter does not have target decay?

Yes. If you're sharing targeting your module doesn't apply. If you yourself had them visual and locked it does.

Also Rifleman and Archer are quirked like clan mechs what in the gently caress. They'd be viable, MAYBE, if they actually had clan weapons but right now it's laughable.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi. My in-game name is Reith, and I want to join whichever clan is active. I have some in game bux, an atlas and a metal babby.

edit: apparently, no, I have a jenner and a stalker, 3500 mc and 6 million credits.

edit 2: this game is fun again

redreader fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 25, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Join either if you're using TS. Join WoL if you want people to actively type to. Join GIRL if you want to get hit on every other game - then cursed at after you tell them you have a dong.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Stringbean posted:

Join either if you're using TS. Join WoL if you want people to actively type to. Join GIRL if you want to get hit on every other game - then cursed at after you tell them you have a dong.

This doesn't make sense to me, and I've been in both units.

Most of the time we are hanging out in Mumble - I don't know about any TS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I have almost 80 roberts and still can't decide on anything I really have fun in any more. QQ :pgi: where's my 100 ton bare.

• Locked thread