Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/813515354806718464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
our attempt at a christmas ended in the traditional way, with a huge family kerfuffle and people running home in tears

in conclusion christmas is a goyish illuminati plot to undermine and poison my family and i will never tolerate its clammy touch upon my fine fine rear end ever again

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

our attempt at a christmas ended in the traditional way, with a huge family kerfuffle and people running home in tears

in conclusion christmas is a goyish illuminati plot to undermine and poison my family and i will never tolerate its clammy touch upon my fine fine rear end ever again

just go out for chinese

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

just go out for chinese
normally that's what we do (or thai, or vietnamese, or) but this time the catholic cousins wanted to be a big happy family all celebrating the birth of christ and guess what! christmas is an evil holiday for trash!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"no no it's great, see, you have to buy heaps of expensive poo poo and then there's three days of non-stop homecooked meals at a time when literally no shops are open and there's nothing to do so you just sit around and drink a lot and try to get along"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
what a revolting affair

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
my christmas was ok

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

oh hey avshalom did u ever make that chicken curry i posted like a month ago

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
no but i've saved the recipe and when i'm not extremely busy being a tolkien dwarf it's at the top of my list to make

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Avshalom posted:

no but i've saved the recipe and when i'm not extremely busy being a tolkien dwarf it's at the top of my list to make

as long as u keep it in ur thoughts :3:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
what's the best way to tell someone egging you on that you have poor impulse control and need someone to act as your brake, not your accelerator?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

This is why I am marketing my trailing harness to airlines. It lets passengers go whilst being dragged by the plan at 30000 feet.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what's the best way to tell someone egging you on that you have poor impulse control and need someone to act as your brake, not your accelerator?
attack them physically with your fists and teeth

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

You could just say the thing you just posted

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Not everything has to be couched in innuendo and lies

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have zero conflict resolution skills irl. zero. not one.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
remember i was raised by dogs so my two techniques are "bite" and "roll onto back, piss a graceful arc skyward"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

Not everything has to be couched in innuendo and lies

i don't understand

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't understand

loving management smh

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

hey, steve, i just want you to know that i have poor impulse control and need someone to act as my *wheels diagram of a car into office* brake and not as my *points to accelerator* accelerator

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't understand

Clearly stating your own wishes and position is generally a more successful communication strategy than implying and hoping the recipient will get it. If they won't accomodate a direct statement, they would not be swayed by a more indirect approach either.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Avshalom posted:

remember i was raised by dogs so my two techniques are "bite" and "roll onto back, piss a graceful arc skyward"

maybe youre still teething

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"imagine that i am both a car and a person standing in front of the car. one soul, two bodies, one mechanical, one biological. the car, my heavy metal body, is coasting toward the person, my soft flesh body, at a slow but steady speed. you are in the car. i need you to stop the coasting car somehow rather than making it leap forward so that it, or i, crush the human, or me, to death under my fearsome steely mass, resulting in my death. what do you choose? what do you choose??"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

"imagine that i am both a car and a person standing in front of the car. one soul, two bodies, one mechanical, one biological. the car, my heavy metal body, is coasting toward the person, my soft flesh body, at a slow but steady speed. you are in the car. i need you to stop the coasting car somehow rather than making it leap forward so that it, or i, crush the human, or me, to death under my fearsome steely mass, resulting in my death. what do you choose? what do you choose??"

thanks avs, this will come in handy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am always happy to help coach dadchatters in interpersonal negotiation skills

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Avshalom posted:

alpha moves to take charge in the boardroom avs

power moves

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Leave an anonymous note full of death threats on their door.

Go home and set a bunch of GI Joes on fire.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

As with most things, have sex with them. Lots of difficult relationship wrinkles get solved with cumming

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i was late for work so i sped my rear end off while cussing and throwing poo poo only to get there and see that the whole place was closed for christmas still

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

i was late for work so i sped my rear end off while cussing and throwing poo poo only to get there and see that the whole place was closed for christmas still

owned

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am a quail with the eyes of a man

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Avshalom posted:

i am a quail with the eyes of a man

Avshalom, what do your man eyes see?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar posted:

Avshalom, what do your man eyes see?
they see a pigeon in the raiment of a man

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
what did you see my fowl-eyed son
what did you see my dear pigeon one

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i met a gay baker who looked like a pixie
i met a weird harpist who called me a gypsy
i saw a cloud of dread kalstrams with memes raining down

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
btw i'm glad they gave bob dylan the nobel prize instead of my lord and prophet eliezer ben nisan, because leonard was a naturally polite man and probably would have at least turned up to the ceremony and gone through the motions whereas dylan is a surly old bitch who gave the whole thing the contempt it deserves and then we got a great performance out of patti smith

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have beliefs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

i met a gay baker who looked like a pixie
i met a weird harpist who called me a gypsy
i saw a cloud of dread kalstrams with memes raining down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WFygB2U_RE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
soon we will achieve the biological internet and the peak mutual understanding between all members of our species, which has spread out over a geography it was never meant to conquer... peace will threaten to reign but there's always some rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread