Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

Lewis isn't ceding anything to Gillislee. Every one of their carries within the ten yard line over the last two months:

Gillislee
No gain
No gain
4 yards
1 yard
-2 yards

Lewis
4 yards
5 yards
8 yards (TD)
1 yard (TD)
4 yards
-1 yard
3 yards
8 yards (TD)
But if Gillislee is active, he's going to get used as a runner. Maybe not a whole lot but they don't use him on special teams so either he gets some touches on offense or he just sits on the bench again. It comes down to how much they want to use their "big back" personnel packages. They've clearly favored Lewis as their primary ball-carrier but they still have packages that call for the big back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

"The Patriots backfield is an unknowable, unpredictable mess" is such a lazy cop-out. You didn't make any points to prove why neither Lewis nor Burkhead can be trusted this week (against the Raiders defense no less). I would start both of them over Latavius Murray. Most of the damage done to the Rams season-long ranking was done by Fournette, Zeke, and Hyde. I'm not expecting Murray to replicate their success.

You found me out. I hate Patriots running backs. My proof of their unpredictability is that I watch football. :v:

But maybe I am wrong this week. It won't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

I rolled with him as well. Figure boom or bust and typically when I choose to bench someone in this situation, they go off so I hung in there with him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

You found me out. I hate Patriots running backs. My proof of their unpredictability is that I watch football. :v:

But maybe I am wrong this week. It won't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last.
Acting that smug about it is fine on a message board. But if you're going to write articles and suggest that people listen to you, you should try and actually prove the argument. Spoeank did a great job of digging into the numbers and coming to a conclusion. You just repeated what everyone already thinks.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

loving Cutler I'm sick of 2QB leagues

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Acting that smug about it is fine on a message board. But if you're going to write articles and suggest that people listen to you, you should try and actually prove the argument. Spoeank did a great job of digging into the numbers and coming to a conclusion. You just repeated what everyone already thinks.

I gave my opinion on why I disagreed. I'm offering a different point of view. I also did post numbers on Murray, which you did not agree with.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dkj posted:

loving Cutler I'm sick of 2QB leagues

Jay Cutler literally had DeVante Parker alone in the end zone with Robert Ayers, a defensive end, playing underneath coverage, and he looked him off for a dump off to Landry.

It offends me. That offends me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Remember how the Washington backfield was such a clusterfuck?

Well that's no longer an issue.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah and I stupidly dropped Perine for Jonathan Stewart. Ugh...

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress Alex Smith

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ok I think Drew Brees has been on the ESPN Undroppables list for long enough.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

I gave my opinion on why I disagreed. I'm offering a different point of view. I also did post numbers on Murray, which you did not agree with.
Well Murray had a strong game so kudos to you for pumping him. I wasn't expecting the Vikings to dictate to the Rams as much as they did. Promoting Murray was a smart call.

I still think you should avoid articles where you outright dismiss one side of the argument. It was basically an article about three relevant fantasy players but you only provided analysis for one of them.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looks like I’ll be moving on from McKinnon and playing Lactavius.

Glad Perine is on my bench next to him...

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
ChThom done for the year. Surgery on fractured fibula. I have him as a Round 20 keeper and am mulling things with Luck in my IR slot. Don’t tell me Luck is done just dooooon’t speak I know what you’re sayin’ so please stop esplainin’

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Well Murray had a strong game so kudos to you for pumping him. I wasn't expecting the Vikings to dictate to the Rams as much as they did. Promoting Murray was a smart call.

I still think you should avoid articles where you outright dismiss one side of the argument. It was basically an article about three relevant fantasy players but you only provided analysis for one of them.

I said that despite the matchup, I don't trust the Pats, because I don't know which one will do well. Why should we have to agree with each other all the time?

My analysis was focused on Murray, because that is who I wanted people to start.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

I said that despite the matchup, I don't trust the Pats, because I don't know which one will do well. Why should we have to agree with each other all the time?

My analysis was focused on Murray, because that is who I wanted people to start.
Then why compare them to Murray? What good does that do for anyone reading the article? You use stats to back up Murray, but you're just going with your gut for the Pats RBs. If you're going to make a comparison article, use someone that you the writer actually have to think about.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Chargers are up 30 and are still passing.

At this point in time I'm certain Philip Rivers is a stat padder or hates Melvin Gordon. Probably both.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Doltos posted:

The Chargers are up 30 and are still passing.

At this point in time I'm certain Philip Rivers is a stat padder or hates Melvin Gordon. Probably both.

Or figuring that if its working why stop? Especially since he hates Gordon.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It doesn't work. They're 3-6 and every game they've lost Rivers has thrown 30 or more passes. Every time Gordon went above 20 carries this year they won. He's been above 20 carries twice, and I guess three times now that he literally just got his 20th carry in a game where they're blowing out a team by 37 points.

I also see Rivers constantly pass on short yardage situations near the goal line which makes me think he's audibiing out of runs. Philip Rivers is an evil, evil fantasy vulture.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

It doesn't work. They're 3-6 and every game they've lost Rivers has thrown 30 or more passes. Every time Gordon went above 20 carries this year they won. He's been above 20 carries twice, and I guess three times now that he literally just got his 20th carry in a game where they're blowing out a team by 37 points.

I also see Rivers constantly pass on short yardage situations near the goal line which makes me think he's audibiing out of runs. Philip Rivers is an evil, evil fantasy vulture.

I’m suspecting those games he had more than 20 they were already leading which benefits the run game. so this stat could be misleading.

Maybe Gordon’s inefficiency has finally caught up to him and is resulting in gameplans that shy away.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 20, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

I’m suspecting those games he had more than 20 they were already leading which benefits the run game. so this stat could be misleading.

Maybe Gordon’s inefficiency has finally caught up to him?

They were behind for most of the Giants game and Gordon gave them the go ahead TD. They were behind most of the game vs Oakland and then Gordon got them a TD and some big runs in the second half. They were ahead the entire time against the Broncos and gave Gordon 6 of his 18 carries in garbage time, after putting in Ekeler for an entire series and passing for the first three series coming out of the second half.

Philip Rivers is a stad padder vulture.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Does it really take 8 kids before you figure out an NFL QB is a stat padder?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

ChThom done for the year. Surgery on fractured fibula. I have him as a Round 20 keeper and am mulling things with Luck in my IR slot. Don’t tell me Luck is done just dooooon’t speak I know what you’re sayin’ so please stop esplainin’

Cool, all 5 of my drafted running backs in a 14 team league have officially died.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

YEEEEE! I've had him in the goon fish bowl since draft, and I finally got payoff by starting him today*

*I benched Devante Adams for him. Remember my struggle

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Now I'm worried about having Carr as my QB for ROS...

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I was worried back in week 3.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy moly

https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/932456509996519424

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah and I stupidly dropped Perine for Jonathan Stewart. Ugh...

I have Perine in the 3 leagues I care about (and others I don't!), having picked up up in all of them during waivers this week. Seemed like a nice add with Kelley to IR. Unfortunately, in one of them, he was backing up Chris Thompson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tevin Coleman plus Matt Bryant can't possibly put up 28 points tomorrow in full PPR, right? Right?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I dont have a shot at winning one league but still like to see Paul Richardson do SOMETHING since I do have Russ in a league I can win

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Why wouldn’t you be?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

We may owe an apology to whomever that was that called Hunt a modern day Bryce Brown after Week 1.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
All of the Chiefs took a huge slide down the charts since week 5, right?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Kelce is still doin thangs and Tyreek streak of alternating production extended through the bye week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

I still have hope they right the ship since Andy Reid is running that ship.*

*I also know I’m probably screwed continuing to run Smith and Hunt out in one league because Reid is running that ship.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

coronaball posted:

We may owe an apology to whomever that was that called Hunt a modern day Bryce Brown after Week 1.

Hunt had like 4 carries for 20 yds in the first half. This is Andy loving things up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I don’t know what he’s thinking. Give the man the ball.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just reid doing reid things. Its irritating

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Up to first place in my BML auction that I spent 50% of my auction budget on David Johnson and DeMarco Murray.

Thank you Alvin Kamara and Duke Johnson :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Greg Olsen is practically.

God i hope he's somewhat productive ROS, my flex spot is iffy as hell as i fight for every win just to make the playoffs.

• Locked thread