Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

Does it stay bad? I'm one or two episodes into the second season and its sucked compared to the first season so far.

Yeah it does. We marathoned it today (having spring break off work does wonders for my Netflix queue) and it picks up a little bit, but not much.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Reluctantly agree even though I did enjoy it......SUIT WAS AWESOME THOUGH WOO!

I'm a sucker for anything Marvel, so I didn't hate it, but IMO they tried to do too many things to do any one of them well enough to justify it.

e: first post dag

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

eightace! i am glad you're okay and going good, thanks for the updates as usual.

how's the rest of the development team? when can we start to see the fallout from this nonsense and they start to drop out?

surely this disaster will reach peak catastrophe long before then, right? right??

ALSO does this mean the thread will keep going until 2021? good times

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Star Citizen will have it's day art court! Space court!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TacticalNecromancy posted:

It's like a deranged telenovela

LMAO

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

You're assuming that Something Awful will still be around in 2021.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D1E posted:

You don't understand. Not only was it "disposable income", it was spent over 2.5 years.

Also you're clearly a poor commoner.

Better to be a Poor Commoner than to be a Rich rear end in a top hat... or something like that. Now i go to work, rightly put in my "The Working Poor" place.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

alf_pogs posted:

Solar Plebeian will have 53 sequels out by then, and a holodeck.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Seriously guys, I don't know if the thread has always been like this - but gently caress me, this thing has me gripped.

It just gets more and more mental.

TWENTY TWENTY ONE.

You wait. The best is yet to come.

Two Weeks

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Chalks posted:

Click his posting history filter button (the ? symbol at the bottom of his profile) to see what he's said in the past. I didn't believe him until he told us about the departure of some CIG CS reps before it was announced. He claims to work for CIG, at the very least he has solid insider information.
I think he's been intentionally murky there. Clearly he's in the UK and seems closely connected-- but whether he's a past or present Foundry employee, very closely connected to one, or a firmly entrenched 3rd party (vendor, contractor, etc.), he certainly conveys the impression of having real-time line of sight into the operations.

If he's legit (and I assume he is because :lol:), it's more surprising to me that mole hunts aren't underway. If he worked in LA, his head would be mounted on Sandi's wall, right above two pretend diplomas and a trophy that fans gave her to make her feel even more special than she already does (which technically isn't possible).

Maybe Foundry is more chill about it because a 'rogue' employee sounding the warning bells online actually could have a constructive purpose in a toxic Diarchy like CIG where speaking truth to power is a firing offense. Stranger things have happened.

Of course it could be an elaborate con, too-- you always have to allow for that in circumstances where it sounds to good to be true. But I prefer not to. Disgruntled leakers hit Ion Storm -- it's a rite of passage for high profile 'troubled projects'. As you note, given how troubled things appear to be its surprising there aren't more of them by now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D1E posted:

Lowtax is always talking about how little money the forums makes, so that's like a green flag right there.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile, in ”Games made in Unity by a handful of people, that make Star Citizen look like poo poo”:

http://www.pamelagame.com

http://youtu.be/f5-puByYCMs

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D1E posted:

in 2012 i was dazzled to find out that a comedy website i used to lurk in 2008 was still kicking around; i signed up out of sheer nostalgia

i look forward to the new batch of Fuzzy Modems and Man Of Many Aliases that crash the thread in 2019 to talk about how CIG have finally 'found their groove'

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

mods please change my name to this thanks

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Is ManOfManyAliases a more subtle Seraph84 alt?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

alf_pogs posted:

i look forward to the new batch of Fuzzy Modems and Man Of Many Aliases that crash the thread in 2019 to talk about how CIG have finally 'found their groove'

Ben will never find his groove.

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Who knows . . .

Exactly, nobody loving knows, least of all CIG

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
I'm now genuinely enthused and excited at the thought of how good all the proper actual not SC space games will be by 2021.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FrankieGoes posted:

gently caress you unky Derek, I haven't gotten my check for nearly a month. If you want people to put real time end effort into all these ops of yours, you need to pay promptly.

Wait! Did your address change? That must be it!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

Derek: what do your inside sources tell you? Care to update your timeline until Chris and Sandi flee the country for Venezuela?

It won't be Venezuela. We're thinking Australia.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

mods please change my name to this thanks

BAM WAOM KEM is the new PAK CHOI UNF

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This feels like Parpmas Eve

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I think he's been intentionally murky there. Clearly he's in the UK and seems closely connected-- but whether he's a past or present Foundry employee, very closely connected to one, or a firmly entrenched 3rd party (vendor, contractor, etc.), he certainly conveys the impression of having real-time line of sight into the operations.

If he's legit (and I assume he is because :lol:), it's more surprising to me that mole hunts aren't underway. If he worked in LA, his head would be mounted on Sandi's wall, right above two pretend diplomas and a trophy that fans gave her to make her feel even more special than she already does (which technically isn't possible).

Maybe Foundry is more chill about it because a 'rogue' employee sounding the warning bells online actually could have a constructive purpose in a toxic Diarchy like CIG where speaking truth to power is a firing offense. Stranger things have happened.

Of course it could be an elaborate con, too-- you always have to allow for that in circumstances where it sounds to good to be true. But I prefer not to. Disgruntled leakers hit Ion Storm -- it's a rite of passage for high profile 'troubled projects'. As you note, given how troubled things appear to be its surprising there aren't more of them by now.

At first, I too thought he was mole here to troll us with a false flag op.

Then I went digging (cuz, you know, this is me we're talking about)

He's the real deal.

Not only because of the stuff he's posted and which I have verified, but also because of how he words things. He also has insider knowledge of that Roberts family and which I haven't put in my blog.

In fact, the first time he mentioned things he knew about in more detail than me (in my Gizmondo connection in the Interstellar Pirates blog), was when I knew he was legit.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

He's the real deal.

Well drat! If Derek vouches for EightAce ain't no Stolen Valor going on, that's for sure.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Indie Unity5 project. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-puByYCMs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like to imagine angry RSI employees read this thread after a bad day

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol "alpha" more like glorified beta, it looks practically released

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I like to imagine angry RSI employees read this thread after a bad day

i am absolutely sure that some of the angry ones read it for relief

while some of the others read it and feel severe anger

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

orcinus posted:

Meanwhile, in ”Games made in Unity by a handful of people, that make Star Citizen look like poo poo”:

Looks like that one game Detroit.

So many trans humanist games coming out

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

have you *seen* that couch at CIG?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Phi230 posted:

Looks like that one game Detroit.

So many trans humanist games coming out
i never asked for this!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

orcinus posted:

BAM WAOM KEM is the new PAK CHOI UNF
do not trust the pusher42 robot

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

orcinus posted:

I like poo poo like this, I usually have a pretty dim view of Unity, so it's always nice to be astounded by a project using that engine.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
omg, I finished my work a few days early. Which means I get a few days off, more time to shitpost!!! :)

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Daztek posted:

lol "alpha" more like glorified beta, it looks practically released

Why would I want to buy a game after they show me actual gameplay? It's completely spoiled now, utterly ruined.

Clearly these indie guys don't understand game development. They should still be modifying their chosen engine to get it to do things that it was never designed to do & do them horribly. And everyone knows you don't show a lick of gameplay until the last possible moment.

gently caress, we clearly need someone to save PC gaming if it's in the hands of people of this ilk, with their actual gameplay & appropriate choices for basic decisions like game engine.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

GabrielMobius posted:

I like poo poo like this, I usually have a pretty dim view of Unity, so it's always nice to be astounded by a project using that engine.

I used to be really skeptical of Unity games until recently, with this latest crop of games. Now it's an arched eyebrow & a grain of salt, nothing more.

Maybe Unity 5's successes is part of the rebranding of CryEngine as CRYENGINE V, certainly not the stupidest reason to skip a version number.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

runsamok posted:

Why would I want to buy a game after they show me actual gameplay? It's completely spoiled now, utterly ruined.

Clearly these indie guys don't understand game development. They should still be modifying their chosen engine to get it to do things that it was never designed to do & do them horribly. And everyone knows you don't show a lick of gameplay until the last possible moment.

gently caress, we clearly need someone to save PC gaming if it's in the hands of people of this ilk, with their actual gameplay & appropriate choices for basic decisions like game engine.

:agreed:

How they expect me to drop $4K, and use a 4K monitor, when I know what's coming. Or that something's coming at all. They're not getting my disposable income, that's for sure.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

Yeah but they've got a backup plan that is good as gold. It's like printing pure cash. In fact, I'm surprised it's still legal!

if anyone needs a nutritionist this fat gently caress lard rear end Ben should get one

EightAce any info if they(CR and Cruella Gadiner) really do care for this big rear end fattard?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

:agreed:

How they expect me to drop $4K, and use a 4K monitor, when I know what's coming. Or that something's coming at all. They're not getting my disposable income, that's for sure.

How am I supposed to play this game responsibly in VR, without copious forced animations making me take breaks to quell my nausea?

loving indie devs. They don't consider anything to a fidelitous level. I bet they haven't even redone their assets more than once or twice at most. Everyone knows the best work is done on the 5th or 6th pass.

Praise be Crobbler, who will save PC Gaming & our souls along with it. He really gets games & gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

EminusSleepus posted:

if anyone needs a nutritionist this fat gently caress lard rear end Ben should get one

EightAce any info if they(CR and Cruella Gadiner) really do care for this big rear end fattard?

Those two fucks don't give a poo poo about anyone but themselves. The only reason they keep Ben around is because he's big enough for both of them to hide behind when the brown sea becomes a tsunami.

• Locked thread