Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Anders Fogh got 81K in relief package money for his fund working to promote the free markets world-wide. :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PederP posted:

Anders Fogh got 81K in relief package money for his fund working to promote the free markets world-wide. :shepspends:

Link?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/JorgenSkarstein/status/1256171751035338752

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PederP posted:

At least they're honest. Anders Tegnell even says he might be wrong about the strategy. That's a kind of humility you won't find in SSI and SST.

It's honestly kinda infuriating that Tegnell's respons to over two thousands deaths is "whoopsie?"

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Ekstra Bladet has the story. I don't want to send ad money their way by providing a link, but if you go to their website it's hard to miss.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PederP posted:

Ekstra Bladet has the story. I don't want to send ad money their way by providing a link, but if you go to their website it's hard to miss.

Ah, 81K for the free market foundation he runs with billionaire and Liberal benefactor, Fritz Schur, and a further 98K for his own consulting firm. Incredible.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Alhazred posted:

It's honestly kinda infuriating that Tegnell's respons to over two thousands deaths is "whoopsie?"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish Health Authority has greenlit visitors at nursing homes, advising that you should avoid handshakes and kisses on the cheek, but hugs are allowed.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

SplitSoul posted:

Danish Health Authority has greenlit visitors at nursing homes, advising that you should avoid handshakes and kisses on the cheek, but hugs are allowed.

No mention of making out :doit:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cynic Jester posted:

No mention of making out :doit:

It goes without saying that horny is prohibited, gerontohorny especially so, COVID-19 or no.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

It goes without saying that horny is prohibited, gerontohorny especially so, COVID-19 or no.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DSB forbid their employees from wearing masks. "Vi ønsker at fremstå ensartede overfor vores kunder." Why is everything so loving stupid?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

DSB forbid their employees from wearing masks. "Vi ønsker at fremstå ensartede overfor vores kunder." Why is everything so loving stupid?
Nothing more uniform than a full space suit though...

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

That's the case for most employers - but you'll get fired for speaking out about it. I guarantee you that very few supermarkets and retail outlets allow their employees to wear masks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PederP posted:

That's the case for most employers - but you'll get fired for speaking out about it. I guarantee you that very few supermarkets and retail outlets allow their employees to wear masks.

Pretty much all supermarkets and outlets now a have plastic screen at the register to protect the employees though.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Pretty much all supermarkets and outlets now a have plastic screen at the register to protect the employees though.

In my part of Copenhagen (Østerbro) I have only seen it at a gas station. Everything else is like normal. Masks are incredibly rare as well. The piers and waterfront is jammed full of people in close proximity partying and socializing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Didn't you get the memo? It's just the flu. OPEN 'ER UP!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
The hero we need but do not deserve:

https://www.facebook.com/hakanjuholt/

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 5, 2020

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PederP posted:

In my part of Copenhagen (Østerbro) I have only seen it at a gas station. Everything else is like normal. Masks are incredibly rare as well. The piers and waterfront is jammed full of people in close proximity partying and socializing.

Masks are probably not that effective anyway. Bur plastic screen is In every store In Norway.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alhazred posted:

Masks are probably not that effective anyway. Bur plastic screen is In every store In Norway.

Didn't a Taiwanese study just confirm that they were, in fact, immensely effective if both the infected and uninfected wore them, something like 98%? I'll see if I can dig it up, the COVID-SPAM thread moves very quickly.

fnox
May 19, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Didn't a Taiwanese study just confirm that they were, in fact, immensely effective if both the infected and uninfected wore them, something like 98%? I'll see if I can dig it up, the COVID-SPAM thread moves very quickly.

Tegnell says otherwise, I guess.

Me and my girlfriend get weird looks at ICA when we put on facemasks, which is bizarre, even though Malmö is not as badly affected.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

People with masks are just very noticable because of how rare they are. I wish masks were commonly available and used. They have this one right in East Asia I think.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Masks are effective, but no one is wearing them.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Potrzebie posted:

The hero we need but do not deserve:

https://www.facebook.com/hakanjuholt/

The man owns

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Alhazred posted:

"well see in a few years who was right ;) :D"

like it's a game to him

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

IIRC, regular surgery masks reduce the risk of transmission by like 85% if you wear one, whether you're infected or not. Multiply that with both infected and uninfected wearing them, and you get pretty close to your 98%.

e: Risk of "airborne" transmission. Doesn't help as much if you go around rubbing corona all over everything, or you don't wash your hands after touching stuff in the wild.

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
Masks are more about you not spreading your germs in your spit/sneeze around than any kind of blocking of the virus. That's why reusable cloth masks have been recommended for general populations, because of the asymptomatic/presymptomatic nature of it. I only really use a mask when I have to be in super close contact with anybody other than my wife, but for the most part I feel like I'm the only one wearing, even when I'm working.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

And now FrP is starting to say that not wearing flag pins is unpatriotic and I just feel like endlessly screaming into the void.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What if I wear a flag pin where the cross is blotted out so that the flag is red and pure?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grevling posted:

What if I wear a flag pin where the cross is blotted out so that the flag is red and pure?

With the three yellow lions of the coat of arms, stylized, in the corner?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Nenonen posted:

With the three yellow lions of the coat of arms, stylized, in the corner?

Haven't really thought about lions but I don't think they belong there.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

von Braun posted:

"well see in a few years who was right ;) :D"

like it's a game to him

Well, given that we are just at the start of the whole thing, we don’t actually know what would have been the right measures and it is conceivable that countries that shut down and then open up end up with a larger casualty count in the end until a vaccine appears.

Although we can safely say that the care of the elderly could have been handled better.
However given that is the first area the municipalities save money on, the large rotation of personal, low educated employees and low wages, basically a massive overhaul of the system would have been required.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grevling posted:

https://twitter.com/skattebu/status/1257406960426770439

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Didn't Norway have a town that celebrated being liberated from the nazis by Soviet forces that came across northern Finland?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt posted:

Didn't Norway have a town that celebrated being liberated from the nazis by Soviet forces that came across northern Finland?

Yeah, they also raised a monument:

Speaking of war monument, I really like this one. It's in memory of the Osvald-Group (a communist resistance organisation) and is called Smash Nazism:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Badass.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Katt posted:

norway and the soviet union had a border for a huge chunk of the cold war and norway is today iirc the only NATO country directly bordering russia

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

V. Illych L. posted:

norway and the soviet union had a border for a huge chunk of the cold war and norway is today iirc the only NATO country directly bordering russia

Estonia and Latvia both border Russia. Poland and Lithuania too if you count Kaliningrad

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

*founding nato country, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Plus most of those countries don't really count because NATO would never deploy to save them from Russia.

Putin would fabricate some border dispute and and the US would be like "oh yeah deploying to Russia sounds expensive, gently caress that"