Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Rinkles posted:

How are people feeling about the DLSS in the game? Seen some goons and other places complain it's noticeably blurry. Likely a bug?

I think it's slightly soft like some TAA implementations but much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Rinkles posted:

How are people feeling about the DLSS in the game? Seen some goons and other places complain it's noticeably blurry. Likely a bug?

Works great at 4K. The fastest DLSS setting, Ultra Performance, looks sharp enough all things considered and runs the game above 60fps with RT on Ultra on a 3080.

At 1440p it seems to be a different story. Looks blurry. I’ll do more testing tomorrow on a native 1440p monitor.

Animal fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 10, 2020

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

At ultra wide 1440 it looks about the same as Control (which I played just today) but some people said it looked better for them with a sharpening filter applied from the Nvidia overlay

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cyberpunk runs like dogshit on my 1080ti, 30-45fps at 1440p on plain high settings

Expected better

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Cyberpunk runs like dogshit on my 1080ti, 30-45fps at 1440p on plain high settings

Expected better

30fps for a console game is considered fine and the 1080ti is pretty close to what is in a console now. I think your expectations should have aimed lower

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The same consoles that run the game at 60fps?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
At 1080p and probably with inferior quality settings, yes?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Can't find any resolution data. One site said higher than 1080 but clearly lower than 4k.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Expected better

At medium at 3440x1440 I'm running about 45fps in the starting bar at least.

G-sync doin some work for a change though. It's been a while (witcher 3 actually) since I leaned on it this hard.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Ray Tracing makes a huge difference in this game in certain scenes, it’s as transformative as Control or more so.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Rinkles posted:

At 4K, I had to take screenshots and compare to notice the difference.

I don’t notice it at all during movement (like actual gameplay) but if I look at a tree with a lot leaves very carefully I can notice the difference. That small difference in visual quality is worth the huge frame rate boost from turning it on.

If just presented with DLSS balanced and was told it was the game at native with nothing to compare it to, I would believe it

There’s some kind of depth of field thing causing blur ones unrelated to DLSS, I think?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I can tell the difference with DLSS but I really gotta stay still and pixel peep it to tell what's off, but drat near doubling your frame rate is far preferable for sure.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How is ghosting in 2077? I've seen a lot of footage with insane amount of it.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
I gotta say that my experience with a 2070S and 3700X, running 1440p, RT medium settings, ultra/high everything else, with DLSS on auto has been great so far. DLSS is amazing and I'm sure if I stopped and looked around and tried to find some weird artifacts from DLSS I could but it overall just looks nice and is atmospheric and I like noticing the real reflections from RT and all. Honestly wasn't expecting to be able to run RT at all so pretty happy I grabbed this 2070S back in Feb now.

I will be happy when they fix bugs though. During the prologue any foliage was visible at all times including through walls; tried to play on Nomad start and it made it basically unplayable because all the desert brush was blocking my sight of anything. Restarted as Street Kid and there's obviously fewer bushes so I just ignored it for a while and after prologue looks like its gone (or there just aren't any bushes nearby).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

LimburgLimbo posted:

I will be happy when they fix bugs though. During the prologue any foliage was visible at all times including through walls; tried to play on Nomad start and it made it basically unplayable because all the desert brush was blocking my sight of anything. Restarted as Street Kid and there's obviously fewer bushes so I just ignored it for a while and after prologue looks like its gone (or there just aren't any bushes nearby).

Try updating to the Game Ready drivers

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

haven't had any major technical issues beyond NPCs bugging out a couple times
anyone else find the UI/graphics overwhelming you with data? it's a bit hard to parse everything going on especially during combat

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

e nm answered my own question

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 10, 2020

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

Try updating to the Game Ready drivers

aha knew I was forgetting something; that seems to have fixed it

shrike82 posted:

haven't had any major technical issues beyond NPCs bugging out a couple times
anyone else find the UI/graphics overwhelming you with data? it's a bit hard to parse everything going on especially during combat

Yeah it may just be because I haven't gotten to it yet (only played until just past the prologue), but the lack of tooltips/info/tutorial on the interface and inventory and whatnot is a bit jarring for a AAA title, which usual cater to more casual gamers who need their hands held as well.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Anyone getting black screened on launch, I had to go to Nvidia's website and manually download the newest driver. and that seems to have fixed it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Yeah, mem overclock doesn't play nicely with cp77. Was getting crashes until that was disabled.

Not sure I'm gonna bother with RT yet. At 1440p with a mix of medium/high settings it was hovering around 60FPS and often dropping below in outdoor areas, and this is on a 3080. Would rather have consistent frames.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

it dont matter posted:

Yeah, mem overclock doesn't play nicely with cp77. Was getting crashes until that was disabled.

Not sure I'm gonna bother with RT yet. At 1440p with a mix of medium/high settings it was hovering around 60FPS and often dropping below in outdoor areas, and this is on a 3080. Would rather have consistent frames.

This is without DLSS right? Just turn it on, it's good. Also even then I don't know how you're getting that low on a 3080 at 1440p.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

LimburgLimbo posted:

This is without DLSS right? Just turn it on, it's good. Also even then I don't know how you're getting that low on a 3080 at 1440p.

This is with DLSS on. Maybe I hosed something up somewhere but every other game runs fine. Maybe CPU has a big impact? I've got an i5-9600K so it's not the latest and greatest.

I'll twiddle some settings and see what's what, I've only just started the intro section (as a corpo for that Syndicate feel).

Kinda funny how paper money is still a thing in this world. Everyone's got cybernetics and is jacking into the net with their cyberdecks, but they're still swapping bits of paper.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

it dont matter posted:

Kinda funny how paper money is still a thing in this world. Everyone's got cybernetics and is jacking into the net with their cyberdecks, but they're still swapping bits of paper.

Kinda the point of the cyberpunk aesthetic; it's a combo of futuristic and primitive with a lot of aesthetic influence from Hong Kong like cityscapes and Japanese culture, since it rose to popularity during the Japanese bubble era where people were theorizing that Japanese economic dominance would mean a big Japanese cultural influence worldwide. In that context still using cash is very on-brand.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

it dont matter posted:

This is with DLSS on. Maybe I hosed something up somewhere but every other game runs fine. Maybe CPU has a big impact? I've got an i5-9600K so it's not the latest and greatest.

I'll twiddle some settings and see what's what, I've only just started the intro section (as a corpo for that Syndicate feel).

Think I'm really heavily cpu bound with a 2600X, I've only got 60-70% GPU load in outdoor areas.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
The CPU is gonna bottleneck the hell out of you if its old. For reference i have a 10850K and a 3080 and after Geforce experience's optimization my lowest settings were high and my highest settings were psycho. It autoset my raytace lighting to psycho specifically and i was still hitting 60 on a 1440p 165hz gysync with no issues at all.

Edit: my DLSS is set to balanced.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

polish sausage posted:

The CPU is gonna bottleneck the hell out of you if its old. For reference i have a 10850K and a 3080 and after Geforce experience's optimization my lowest settings were high and my highest settings were psycho. It autoset my raytace lighting to psycho specifically and i was still hitting 60 on a 1440p 165hz gysync with no issues at all.

Edit: my DLSS is set to balanced.

I'm so confused, I ran the optimise thing too and it set everything to psycho, and now the FPS is way more stable even with DLSS on quality. Balanced puts me over 60fps more consistently and looks similar so will leave it on that though.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Heliosicle posted:

Think I'm really heavily cpu bound with a 2600X, I've only got 60-70% GPU load in outdoor areas.

With DLSS set to Auto, it put me at like max 70% GPU load... could be a factor

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Anyone getting sub 30 FPS regardless of settings? Even 1080p potato settings. My 8600k is older but shouldn't kneecap me this much, right? HWMonitor is showing about 60% CPU use.

GPU is an undervolted 3080, showing about 30% use. Drivers are current. Running off an SSD. Slowly running out of reasonable things to suspect.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gatac posted:

Anyone getting sub 30 FPS regardless of settings? Even 1080p potato settings. My 8600k is older but shouldn't kneecap me this much, right? HWMonitor is showing about 60% CPU use.

GPU is an undervolted 3080, showing about 30% use. Drivers are current. Running off an SSD. Slowly running out of reasonable things to suspect.

CPU bottleneck.

Is 1080p your highest possible res?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

Is this "weird fuzz" caused by DLSS?

[18:44]

any temporal antialiasing is gonna make the game look blurry, it's just a question of how well the algorithm works, and also, the lower your framerate, the worse it gets.

thankfully CP2077 easily runs at over 80fps even on cheap hardware so it's not a huge issue :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sininu posted:

How is ghosting in 2077? I've seen a lot of footage with insane amount of it.

The in-game motion blur is really heavy-handed and bad. I'm pro-tasteful per-object motion blur but in CP2077 it's way too much.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I find camera motion blur always headache inducing but luckily I haven't hit a game where you can't turn it off

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

it dont matter posted:

CPU bottleneck.

Is 1080p your highest possible res?

Same deal at 1440p. Gonna try 4K but I've never seen my rig choke this bad.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Friend of mine is playing at 50 fps on a 3570k and 1070 non-ti so everyone's setup is different but no sub 50 FPS on better than that doesn't sound right. They just left it on default recs too so mostly High.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm playing on a 2700x and my GPU is still at 99% load the entire time, with the CPU topping out at maybe 40% total usage. Good enough to hit over 60fps at 1440p indoors with RTX at Psycho and DLSS Balanced, with dips into the high 40s as to be expected. Could be your resolution though, 1080p is going to be kid's stuff for a 3080. And if you have ray-tracing turned on, that's going to choke the GPU a lot more.

Undervolted but it seems like power draw has been the #1 bottleneck for me.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
2080ti / 32gb / 5600x and it auto selects

RT Ultra
Texture High

Everything else on On/Max/High except "Screen Space Reflections Quality" and "RT Lighting" which are both Ultra not Psycho.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Playing CP2077 on a GTX 1070, in Win10 Task Manager, there is only 2-8% load on the "3D" graph. But 90-100% load on the "Graphics_1" graph.

Same for others or something odd going on here?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I mean if you are cpu bottlenecked at 1080p, raising the resolution isn't going to increase your fps anyway?

As I understand, cpu bottlenecks just prevent you from gaining fps as you decrease resolution.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pmchem posted:

Playing CP2077 on a GTX 1070, in Win10 Task Manager, there is only 2-8% load on the "3D" graph. But 90-100% load on the "Graphics_1" graph.

Same for others or something odd going on here?
Thought I'm going to be the first one to out myself still using a 1070 lol. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, my task manager doesn't seem to register anything but Afterburner shows 100%.

bus hustler posted:

Friend of mine is playing at 50 fps on a 3570k and 1070 non-ti so everyone's setup is different but no sub 50 FPS on better than that doesn't sound right. They just left it on default recs too so mostly High.
I don't know what kind of hardware detection it does but it set everything on Ultra by default at 1440p with almost the same setup (except it's a 3470). Actually runs at around 25fps, which isn't great but also not as bad as I thought it would be.

Did anyone have foliage glitching through other geometry? In the tutorial car ride, I had trees appearing through the headrest in front of me.

exquisite tea posted:

The in-game motion blur is really heavy-handed and bad. I'm pro-tasteful per-object motion blur but in CP2077 it's way too much.
Yeah it's really heavy but helps hide the choppy performance somewhat at the 25fps level. I'm definitely not going to be playing like that much longer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I mean if you are cpu bottlenecked at 1080p, raising the resolution isn't going to increase your fps anyway?

As I understand, cpu bottlenecks just prevent you from gaining fps as you decrease resolution.

Increasing resolution is almost entirely a GPU-oriented process though so if your CPU is maxed out while your 3080 patiently sits at 70% load, why not move up the resolution for a large impact to visual quality while shifting most of the actual rendering work to your video card, which is where you'd prefer it to be.