Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm like 5 minutes into Rollergator and it's already confusing and horrible. This is my first time seeing this movie. Jesus, what did I sign up for???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

RandomPauI posted:

If I had a $10 gift card what should I spend it on?

Best answer: Anything on the site.

Good answer: DVDs don't cost much over $10, I suggest one of the early Shorts presentations, or any Rifftrax Live! you may have missed. Then you'll have gotten a DVD full of Rifftrax for like $2-5, and that's a mighty thing.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I want to get Rollergator- a friend has seen Rock n Roll Nightmare unriffed and said it's a little slow until the end- is it worth picking up? Any recommendations besides Rock n Roll Nightmare, or go for it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As usual, it must be said that if you don't have The Guy From Harlem, that should be your first choice.

Rock n Roll Nightmare is really good. Roller Gator is loving amazing.

e: and Day After Tomorrow and Titanic are the god tier mp3 riffs

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Leelee posted:

I want to get Rollergator- a friend has seen Rock n Roll Nightmare unriffed and said it's a little slow until the end- is it worth picking up? Any recommendations besides Rock n Roll Nightmare, or go for it?

You really can't go wrong with Rock n Roll Nightmare-the climax is comedy gold. As for Rollergator, that's kind of advanced watching, tbh. It'd be like if you jumped into watching MST3K with "Invasion of the Neptune Men."

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Thanks all- went with Rock n Roll Nightmare. I've watched a lot of MST3K and Rifftrax, so I think I'll be fine with Rollergator.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Leelee posted:

Thanks all- went with Rock n Roll Nightmare. I've watched a lot of MST3K and Rifftrax, so I think I'll be fine with Rollergator.

Don't think you could have gone wrong with either. TBH, I really enjoyed Rock n Roll Nightmare... and then at the very end, it went from "super good" to "super amazing"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I really loved the "Australian"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any opinion on Dreamscape with Janet Varney and Cole Stratton? I'm kinda hesitant about the non-M,K,B riffs but I like Janet on the podcasts I've heard.

VVV Thanks. Good to know. Next time I go on a Rifftrax buying binge I'll probably get it.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 27, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Ape of Naples posted:

Anyone have any opinion on Dreamscape with Janet Varney and Cole Stratton? I'm kinda hesitant about the non-M,K,B riffs but I like Janet on the podcasts I've heard.

It's pretty good. As a rule I don't like riffs without any of MST3K gang but I make an exception for Janet and Cole.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Yeah, the Janet and Cole ones I've seen are pretty good.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Xylorjax posted:

Yeah, the Janet and Cole ones I've seen are pretty good.

They are experts at 80s movies.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The guitar. It never stops . Please stop. Why wont it take a break .

status edit :

Now its trying to rap. are we not truly blessed . :suicide:

admataY fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 28, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am ten minutes into Rollergator.

I hate this.

e: boogerbreath?

e2:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 28, 2015

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Watched both Rollergator and Rock n Roll Nightmare today.

After Rollergator, Rock n Roll Nightmare was like a masterpiece in acting, direction, sound and picture quality, and oddly quiet.

I want to throw baby gator into the swamp.

e: and I'm going to have to watch it again, as the husband wants to see it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I am ten minutes into Rollergator.

I hate this.

e: boogerbreath?

e2:

No duh Sherlock!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Okay so rollergator intensely irritated me.

I usually have these on my second monitor while I game or read or something, but every 10 minutes or so into this one I'd get like angry and distracted. The guitar and horrible sound mixing and the bad acting of the ambiguously aged lead lady and then the loving gator. Then I'd look at screen and get madder cause it was so ugly and everyone was ugly and I didn't know how old the main lady was or was supposed to be and there was no plot and arrgghh.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

PrinceRandom posted:

The guitar and horrible sound mixing and the bad acting of the ambiguously aged lead lady and then the loving gator. Then I'd look at screen and get madder cause it was so ugly and everyone was ugly and I didn't know how old the main lady was or was supposed to be and there was no plot and arrgghh.

Exactly. It is perfect in every way!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The age thing bother me cause i dont know if I'm watching some pedos movie cause usually they have tweens or teens in the lead for these stupid movies but they put this girl in bikinis and tight tank tops and the camera is like completely focused on her boobs whenever the loving alligator is talking and they do weird focuses on her midriff whenever she's moving.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh hey guys, this week's VOD is a real film for a change, but it seems familiar for some reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oh hey guys, this week's VOD is a real film for a change, but it seems familiar for some reason.

Shame they can't upgrade the mp3 copy I bought and never listened to. Then again I bought the Live version and I figured it would be a lot of overlap jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rirse posted:

Shame they can't upgrade the mp3 copy I bought and never listened to. Then again I bought the Live version and I figured it would be a lot of overlap jokes.

The joke about horse urine is better in the studio version. Also if you're wondering why this release happened, apparently Birdemic was taken down from Netflix Instant.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rirse posted:

You get $3.99 off the VOD if you already had the mp3, so that's something.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Breadallelogram posted:

Oh that's nice. Wonder if Trolls 2 did the same thing when it got a VoD option?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Breadallelogram posted:

Same rules apply if you bought the live version, at least in my case.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Rollergator is unwatchable. I'm not sure it can be called their worst movie because I think it's unfair to call this a movie. It's a demented home movie that someone lay INCESSANT guitar over. I can barely stay focused on this. And the guitar...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gozinbulx posted:

Rollergator is unwatchable. I'm not sure it can be called their worst movie because I think it's unfair to call this a movie. It's a demented home movie that someone lay INCESSANT guitar over. I can barely stay focused on this. And the guitar...

I'm just 20 minutes in and I owe Monster A-Go-Go an apology.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, the guitar almost made the movie unwatchable. I'm really having difficulties trying to think of a worse movie than Roller Gator.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

2DCAT posted:

Yeah, the guitar almost made the movie unwatchable. I'm really having difficulties trying to think of a worse movie than Roller Gator.

I wish I could have been in the meeting where the producer convinced people to give him money to make this.

And then the looks on their faces after they saw what their money bought.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
There was money involved? I'm serious it looks like everyone is just filming it on the weekends as a hobby.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Gozinbulx posted:

There was money involved? I'm serious it looks like everyone is just filming it on the weekends as a hobby.

The biggest thing that's throwing me off is the presence of Joe Estevez. If he wasn't in it, I would have guessed that it would have been some high school/college film project. His presence tells me that either he was paid, or was doing someone a favor though. There's just no way that this could have actually of been financed...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

The biggest thing that's throwing me off is the presence of Joe Estevez. If he wasn't in it, I would have guessed that it would have been some high school/college film project. His presence tells me that either he was paid, or was doing someone a favor though. There's just no way that this could have actually of been financed...

Because it's SPRING TIME for HITLER and Germany!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

2DCAT posted:

According the the IMDB, he was in 15 movies in 1996 alone. I think he'll take any loving job they throw at him.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Maybe he really was that concerned with the free rides...

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Maybe watching rollergator all the way through melted my mind completely, but I think Joe Estavez actually made an attempt to " act" , which is more then the " movie " deserves .

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want to go back in time and give Joe Estevez twenty bucks and a sandwich so he doesn't have to spend that weekend making Rollergator :(

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I want to go back in time and give Joe Estevez twenty bucks and a sandwich so he doesn't have to spend that weekend making Rollergator :(

Slip him another 10 and warn him about Werewolf.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Slip him another 10 and warn him about Werewolf.

Don't you *DARE*

And make sure he gets on Soul Taker too!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Forget the sandwich. I'm sure a fifth of Jack would do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Estevez at least seems to have a sense of humor about it all considering his bit on Eagleheart.

• Locked thread