Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

That one guy in this thread who hates Morrowind deeply disappoints me on many levels.

He cannot be suffered to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Dongicus posted:

why are you assuming that i'm trolling

Dongicus posted:

yeah the mountain you go to in newvegas is connected to a bunch of other quests and has an important role in the game. it also has interesting characters and a reason for being there.

:troll: You won't stop shitposting quietly. The forum can count on that. :troll:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Bethesda game threads are special. Like watching a trainwreck happen, but amusing.

My prediction is Fallout 4 will be 'okay'.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Any ETA on the Fallout 4 quakecon footage or did we already get that?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
1 pm EST

sout
Apr 24, 2014

It's not supposed to be shown to the public is it?
Leaks would not shock me in the slightest anyway

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

sout posted:

It's not supposed to be shown to the public is it?
Leaks would not shock me in the slightest anyway
I recall someone from Bethesda saying the Fallout 4 demo will be for attendees only.
But I reckon what was meant with that was that they're not going to stream the event live. I'd be surprised if it wasn't released on youtube after QuakeCon.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Powder Gangers are pretty insignificant, they only:

Attack Goodsprings
Took over NCRCF
Established camps all down the I-15, murdered caravans and disrupted trade
Disrupted work at Quarry Junction, allowing Deathclaws to nest there
Took over Primm
Took over Vault 19
Were involved in what happened to Nipton

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I love how there's always someone new who can't comprehend the fun it is laughing along with Creme-of-plenty or the next Dongicus because "we're all unjustly hating on a surefire perfect game, Fallout 4".

It's funnier to see people losing their collective shits when you dare to bring up something negative about the gaming perfection that was New Vegas or ye olde Elder Scroll titles.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bholder posted:

It's funnier to see people losing their collective shits when you dare to bring up something negative about the gaming perfection that was New Vegas or ye olde Elder Scroll titles.

Can anything be the ambrosia that is Fallout 3? It's such a cruel world to live in trying to go up against the Oblivion of Fallouts.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bholder posted:

Well that's usually because most of the time when someone brings up something negative about them it's either something really trivial or else it's something they're just digging for or making up to get a rise out of people, which is pretty stupid.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Well that's usually because most of the time when someone brings up something negative about them it's either something really trivial or else it's something they're just digging for or making up to get a rise out of people, which is pretty stupid.

Is this about New Vegas or Fallout 4, I cannot tell

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bholder posted:

It's actually really boring GBS-style crap.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Hmm...they're fashioning Fallout 4 into a Bioware-like turd, sure, but did you know New Vegas has invisible walls? Owned much? :smugbird: :allears: :stonk:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Look, we all know that Brotherhood of Steel was truly the best game and that is why it is so far secluded from the rest of the Fallout series in a trash bin.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Hmm...they're fashioning Fallout 4 into a Bioware-like turd, sure, but did you know New Vegas has invisible walls? Owned much? :smugbird: :allears: :stonk:

Zounds! You rapscallion!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Crabtree posted:

Look, we all know that Brotherhood of Steel was truly the best game and that is why it is so far secluded from the rest of the Fallout series in a trash bin.
This is what Bholder actually believes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pwnstar posted:

Powder Gangers are pretty insignificant, they only:

Attack Goodsprings
Took over NCRCF
Established camps all down the I-15, murdered caravans and disrupted trade
Disrupted work at Quarry Junction, allowing Deathclaws to nest there
Took over Primm
Took over Vault 19
Were involved in what happened to Nipton
That's a pretty impressive list of credentials, but they pale in comparison to this revelation:

Did you know...that the Meresti station people...drink blood? :aaaaa:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

These Mass Effect series were pretty great RPGs so I don't see whats so bad about Fallout 4 taking ideas from it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's actually really boring GBS-style crap.

Just like all the posts in this thread.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

These Mass Effect series were pretty great RPGs so I don't see whats so bad about Fallout 4 taking ideas from it
With the exception of 2 and 3, same

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

That's a pretty impressive list of credentials, but they pale in comparison to this revelation:

Did you know...that the Meresti station people...drink blood? :aaaaa:

Do they ever explain why they pretend to be vampires?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

frajaq posted:

2 and 3 were okay third-person shooters but the RPG parts in all of them were pretty underwhelming.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's time for TODD HOWARD'S FALLOUT BIBLE

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Why do you want to ask that of the narrative genius of Fallout 3, are you some kind of communist? :ese:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

2 and 3 were okay third-person shooters but the RPG parts in all of them were pretty underwhelming.

It was more focused, which I liked over the first one

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

They found old holotapes of Dracula and came to the same conclusion I did upon viewing the film. Cannibalism is sexy.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Why do you want to ask that of the narrative genius of Fallout 3, are you some kind of communist? :commissar:

That reminds me, did New Vegas have anything resembling the mothershitting fuckawesomeness of Liberty Prime, the giant robot that you watch blow things up for you and that you can't interact with in any way whatsoever due to the stinky trash engine? Checkmate. :magical: :allears: :dukedog:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FauxGateau posted:

They found old holotapes of Dracula and came to the same conclusion I did upon viewing the film. Cannibalism is sexy.
Nah they actually read Anne Rice's books, which is why you can't find them in Fallout 3 due to copyright reasons

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

frajaq posted:

It was more focused, which I liked over the first one

I meant all of the Mass Effect games...1 was the worst one by far imo.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That reminds me, did New Vegas have anything resembling the mothershitting fuckawesomeness of Liberty Prime, the giant robot that you watch blow things up for you and that you can't interact with in any way whatsoever due to the stinky trash engine? Checkmate. :magical: :allears: :dukedog:
No but you perform a similar massacre if you side with the Legion, and by yourself even! :hitler:

But it didn't have a giant robot that had trouble throwing things at 10 enemies shooting at you so it's a billion times worse.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ah yes, the deep and complex RPG elements of the first game, which means 3 more useless skills and making combat horrendous.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I meant all of the Mass Effect games...1 was the worst one by far imo.
2 and 3 were more like Space Gears of War with romance subplots and a lot of what could have made the series unique (an array of "spells" in a third person shooter) wasn't taken advantage of.

Thankfully, you can sell lots of copies aping something else instead of exercise your actual design muscle.

Witcher 3 is basically this without the "shooter" part and it's like 8/10 of an excellent game for that reason

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat...RPG fans have really jaded outlook toward most games

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

2 and 3 were more like Space Gears of War with romance subplots and a lot of what could have made the series unique (an array of "spells" in a third person shooter) wasn't taken advantage of.

Thankfully, you can sell lots of copies aping something else instead of exercise your actual design muscle.

Witcher 3 is basically this without the "shooter" part and it's like 8/10 of an excellent game for that reason

The big thing Fallout 4 has going for it now is the FPS gameplay so let's hope they didn't gently caress it up.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

No really, how is Mass Effect 1 "better" just because it has shittier combat?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bholder posted:

Look at this nerd who only played Soldier

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bholder posted:

They don't even let you murder more than 2 of your companions in that game.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Look at this nerd who only played Soldier

All abilites do the same thing, which is "hold down the enemy so you can shoot them more"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Moving around in the Oblivion engine felt almost indescribably awful, and Skyrim improved it somewhat...Will Fallout 4 finally have controls on par with popular 1995 first-person game Quake?

• Locked thread