Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

anime was right posted:

how the gently caress did i never notice luffy and blackbeard both have open red shirts that they wear just past the elbow and a yellow sash.

do you think they'll be wearing the same clothes by the end of the series, lol

Even their teeth are starting to match after this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Sometimes Luffy even has a matching belly :tinfoil:

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Blackbeard is Luffy from the future.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

O__O!!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Blackbeard is Luffy's hosed up uncle that no one talks about

Garp is really bad at raising kids y'all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Blackbeard is Luffy's hosed up uncle that no one talks about

Garp is really bad at raising kids y'all

garp doesn't raise kids; he delegates that responsibility to random bandits that live in the woods

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Maybe he was a full time father to Dragon and thinks it was his helicopter parenting style that turned him into the worlds most dangerous criminal rather than it being caused by constantly punching him through mountains while screaming "you will love the marines!" :shrug:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Saw this thought it was cool, decided to post it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God I'm loving hyped for the rest of this arc. With Luffy free we're at the start of the endgame and it's going to rule so hard.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God I'm loving hyped for the rest of this arc. With Luffy free we're at the start of the endgame and it's going to rule so hard.

Plus, now we finally have JIMBEIIIIIIII!!! :swoon: to really crash the party!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Onmi posted:

Saw this thought it was cool, decided to post it

That is pretty cool.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[dandelion loading screen voice] luffy learned that sanji, his one-time nakama, was in danger

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

[dandelion loading screen voice] luffy learned that sanji, his one-time nakama, was in danger

:classiclol:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I saw Film Gold. It was in English and it was good.

But... it looks like my theory that Kaido ate the Luck Luck fruit is dead.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

So I just saw One Piece Film Gold... and I have to say, the Funamation dub is really lacking. It's just flat and disappointing... The animation was great though, and over all it was really fun... Unfortunately thedub production quality kinda isn't that great. I get they don't have a huge studio budget...but it definitely took away some of my enjoyment of the film.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they should call it Film: MOLD instead, because it stinks!!!!!!!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

key party favors posted:

So I just saw One Piece Film Gold... and I have to say, the Funamation dub is really lacking. It's just flat and disappointing... The animation was great though, and over all it was really fun... Unfortunately thedub production quality kinda isn't that great. I get they don't have a huge studio budget...but it definitely took away some of my enjoyment of the film.

If you're talking about the extremely :effort: subtitles over Japanese text including the credits, I agree with you. They should edit the animation with that stuff so we can read it without squinting.

Voices are great though, I think it's just a matter of what you're used to. When I hear the Japanese, it just sounds like they're over-acting.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

F. Lobot posted:

If you're talking about the extremely :effort: subtitles over Japanese text including the credits, I agree with you. They should edit the animation with that stuff so we can read it without squinting.

Voices are great though, I think it's just a matter of what you're used to. When I hear the Japanese, it just sounds like they're over-acting.

I don't know, I think the Japanese VA's are definitely more talented than the funamation actors.. who all sorta sound samey.. and a lot of the translated dialogue comes off as clunky to me... A lot of the sound mixing seemed really flat, too.. I couldn't tell the difference between Zoro, Sanji, Lucci, Sabo's VA.. There's kind of just this similar tone a lot of the characters have... and I guess I prefer the overacting, because One Piece is pretty ridiculous. It was my first time hearing the OP dub though, so I'll admit it was extra jarring.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zoro is Piccolo and Sanji is Trunks, how on earth do you mix those voices up

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

mabels big day posted:

Zoro is Piccolo and Sanji is Trunks, how on earth do you mix those voices up

I never saw the dragonball dub. I'm sorry, it's me. I'm history's monster. :( To me, Goku sounds like a grandma.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Spoilers are starting to come out. Just as a warning to the thread. Apparently this will have another break after it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever fruit Kaido ate must be broken as hell if he can't drown himself.
... Unless he's part fishman.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what if Kaido didn't eat a fruit.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Then he couldn't have an all fruit user crew.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Holyeskimo posted:

Then he couldn't have an all fruit user crew.
Uh, yes he still could....!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Whoever came up with the theory that Kaido ate a dragon zoan is almost definitely right. Otherwise all that weird build-up with Kinemon discussing his hatred for dragons wouldn't mean anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Whoever came up with the theory that Kaido ate a dragon zoan is almost definitely right. Otherwise all that weird build-up with Kinemon discussing his hatred for dragons wouldn't mean anything.

or he's a dragon that ate the oni zoan or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Kinemon's boy liege lord ate a dragon zoan fruit.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Onmi posted:

Spoilers are starting to come out. Just as a warning to the thread. Apparently this will have another break after it.

Anything good?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i kinda forgot about the whole kinemon was monosukes dad thing that changed. kinda weird thinking back on it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
man i am so pumped for them to finally fight big mom and kaidou, the parts when whitebeard fought were some of the absolute best in the manga. i can remember a lot of it vividly, like when he got stabbed a shitload and then just blew back like 100 soldiers saying "i am whitebeard". the emperors own, their designs are all so great too

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Gyges posted:

Kinemon's boy liege lord ate a dragon zoan fruit.

An artificial one that makes him a Chinese dragon. I think that leaves enough room for Kaido to be an official dragon Zoan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If the early spoilers coming out are legit then One Piece is on break next week.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Speaking of the next chapter Its out

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay, Pudding is definitely evil then. Ain't no way it's playing out any other way at this point. I could still have believed a plot twist that meant otherwise, but the endgame is clearly locked in now.

And holy poo poo, get ready for the wrath of Sanji. :psyduck:

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 12, 2017

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

YEAHHHHHHH gently caress EM UP SANJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

Speaking of the next chapter Its out

The next chapter is 20 pages of Sanji kicking dudes through every single possible wall.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh so that's what's gonna happen to the lunch basket Sanji originally intended for Pudding.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

All we need now is for Bropper and Carrot to come crashing through the walls and we've got ourselves a party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yes, listen to your big sister Sanji. Now is the time to go totally sickhouse on some fools.

Edit: We've also learned that Sanji is a genetically engineered love machine.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 12, 2017