Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

We just picked up a new client...

Tell Zack to ring up Langley, let them know we can get them that nuke.

Our price? $550 million. Half now, half when the job is done. Oh, and a 50% discount on some Navy Hornets...

We're perfect for a snatch-and-grab like this. Deniable, highly-capable, and discreet. We're a hell of a lot more stable and trustworthy than BSNC (*ahem* Poor Impulse Control) and Iceberg (Ted loving Nugent) and we've got the air, land, and naval power to get the job done.

Zack and Jack, the ambiguously useful duo, are looking into this.

Though if we poo poo on one employer mid job it will have consequences later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

gently caress em their share price is in the toilet once they run out of cash

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think we should use the nuke. On BNSC. Let them think we have more, thus riding high as the first private nuclear superpower.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bacarruda posted:

We just picked up a new client...

Tell Zack to ring up Langley, let them know we can get them that nuke.

Our price? $550 million. Half now, half when the job is done. Oh, and a 50% discount on some Navy Hornets...

We're perfect for a snatch-and-grab like this. Deniable, highly-capable, and discreet. We're a hell of a lot more stable and trustworthy than BSNC (*ahem* Poor Impulse Control) and Iceberg (Ted loving Nugent) and we've got the air, land, and naval power to get the job done.

Yeah but if the CIA get it, the US could use it as leverage over Mitsu, which could mean that Iceberg wins.

We do not let loving Ted Nugent win.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

paragon1 posted:

I think this situation is dangerous and complex enough without trying to ransom off a Chinese warhead to the chucklefuck intelligence agency.

Looks like someone doesnt like making money :colbert:

Yooper posted:

We still work for Mitsu, just happened to find a change in management who supported our initiative :3:

I think the daughter will give us some margin if we, you know, get her the company.

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010

Yooper posted:

Once Nukes are involved, I think people have a different set of moral standards to judge things by. Many would say that Mitsu crossed the line first by dredging the things up in the first place. Then they not only sold them to Taiwan, who used them on China, but also LOST a pair of them to internal political strife. This won't look GOOD on our resume, but most would give us reasonable doubt and/or cause.

Does anybody else have any suggestions for who else we could sell the intel/evidence too? How are the European agencies doing?

omegasgundam fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 27, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I'd also pass on what we learned to the Chinese in exchange for them not constantly loving with us.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Jesus gently caress me christ

The chinese don't compromise

Have you not been watching them from the 1990s til now?

No loving way can we give the Chinese the nuke. Maybe Taiwan but they have one now, don't they?

Also I don't trust the CIA not to back Ted in the local powerplays

I'm up for selling it for a "nominal" fee (or arranging a tax-free "reward") to the international Nuke body

Having the nuke makes us a liability, and people who can tend to have a habit of "dealing with" liabilities like that, like us.

So we pretty much have to get rid of it in my opinion.

No way should we give it to Mitsu, they're a sinking ship and desperate men with access to nukes doesn't sound like a recipe for a world I'd like to live in.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Quinntan posted:

I'd also pass on what we learned to the Chinese in exchange for them not constantly loving with us.

Yeah...except there's exactly no reason for them to stop loving with us once we pass that information along. There's no leverage to be had. We'd be hoping that the Chinese government is just...going to let us freeing Tibet and destroying a bunch of their 5h-generation fighters slide.

Nevermind what they might do with that information.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yeah, "Our employers turned out to be nuclear proliferators" I feel is solidly on the list of "Things it is OK to break a contract over."

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

If China gets so much as a hint of this, there's a chance they will literally nuke Japan. Definitely start a war, at the bare minimum. Never in a billion years can we let them find out.

Or, at least, we need to have a plan to get insanely rich off of them finding out if we're gonna tattle.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Bacarruda posted:

Why do you have the MiGs and the Su-17 carrying unguided weapons? They can carry guided air-to-ground missiles. And the Su-17 has an excellent ARM that's probably better than the glitchy-rear end ALARMs.

The Su-17 does have the ARM mounted, though. Did you confuse it with the Su-7? As for the rest, I decided to go for munitions quantity coupled with an unhealthy love of S-24s, plus the assumption that in bad weather older guided weapons might have an issue targetting worth a drat.

I probably should move the Su-17 to the SEAD flight though. I'll do that when I get home.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

sniper4625 posted:

Yeah, "Our employers turned out to be nuclear proliferators" I feel is solidly on the list of "Things it is OK to break a contract over."

That had better be in our boilerplate escape clause from here on out. I want one that just raises eyebrows with oddly specific criteria.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Hand the bomb over to the IAEA. Seriously.
The fallout from handing it over to the Americans or the Chinese isn't worth the potentisl reward in money and discounted hardware.

Do help Julie take over Mitsuhashi though, for the reasons stated earlier.

Edit. Also this. Even a limited war is bad for business. Everyones business.

Crazycryodude posted:

If China gets so much as a hint of this, there's a chance they will literally nuke Japan. Definitely start a war, at the bare minimum. Never in a billion years can we let them find out.

It's possible that both the Chinese and the Russians already know about it of course, but that they need hard evidence.
What do we do if Cobbie runs into, say, the loving Spetznaz? :ohdear:

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 27, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Loel posted:

We still work for Mitsu, just happened to find a change in management who supported our initiative :3:

I think the daughter will give us some margin if we, you know, get her the company.

She's also responsible, if I'm reading correctly, for a nuclear detonation in international waters. We should absolutely not be riding those coat tails.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

power crystals' 10-step plan for loving up everything:

1. Buy enough shares in Mitsu that combined with Julie we can take over the company
  2. Recover the nuke
  3. Finish blowing up BSNC and/or Iceberg. For mysterious reasons no functional weapons ever land near Julie.
  4. Buy out Mitsu.
  5. Sell our shares to Julie.
  6. Inform the Chinese we will trade knowledge of who gave Taiwan nukes for a pile of money or a submarine or something equally cool.
  7. Inform Russia we will trade knowledge of who stole their nukes for something else cool.
  8. Inform the CIA that we found a nuke but Mitsu is holding it, and that their new owner has used one in the past.
  9. Leave the nuke in a Mitsu warehouse.
  10. Be literally anywhere else as quickly as possible.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

PenguinSalsa posted:

Hand the bomb over to the IAEA. Seriously.
The fallout from handing it over to the Americans or the Chinese isn't worth the potentisl reward in money and discounted hardware.

Do help Julie take over Mitsuhashi though, for the reasons stated earlier.

Edit. Also this. Even a limited war is bad for business. Everyones business.

War is, in fact, our business :v:

sniper4625 posted:

She's also responsible, if I'm reading correctly, for a nuclear detonation in international waters. We should absolutely not be riding those coat tails.

I wont tell if you wont. Blame the hippies, they cant defend themselves.

power crystals posted:

power crystals' 10-step plan for loving up everything:

1. Buy enough shares in Mitsu that combined with Julie we can take over the company
  2. Recover the nuke
  3. Finish blowing up BSNC and/or Iceberg. For mysterious reasons no functional weapons ever land near Julie.
  4. Buy out Mitsu.
  5. Sell our shares to Julie.
  6. Inform the Chinese we will trade knowledge of who gave Taiwan nukes for a pile of money or a submarine or something equally cool.
  7. Inform Russia we will trade knowledge of who stole their nukes for something else cool.
  8. Inform the CIA that we found a nuke but Mitsu is holding it, and that their new owner has used one in the past.
  9. Leave the nuke in a Mitsu warehouse.
  10. Be literally anywhere else as quickly as possible.

This does have a certain cyberpunk climax approach that appeals to me...

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
You know how in every sci-fi movie with aliens/super weapons theres that one corporate guy who looks at the horible destructive thing and goes "oh poo poo, we can make so much money off this thing assuming nothing goes wrong".

Lets not be that guys. Overcomplicated blackmai/quadruple cross plans will probably backfire in our faces the same if we tried to keep the nuke for ourselves. Lets get rid of this thing ASAP.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Jimmy4400nav posted:

You know how in every sci-fi movie with aliens/super weapons theres that one corporate guy who looks at the horible destructive thing and goes "oh poo poo, we can make so much money off this thing assuming nothing goes wrong".

Lets not be that guys. Overcomplicated blackmai/quadruple cross plans will probably backfire in our faces the same if we tried to keep the nuke for ourselves. Lets get rid of this thing ASAP.

On the other hand, goon CYOA.

cannonfodder43
Jul 15, 2004
For relatively safe money, we could sell our silence to whoever owns Mitsu at the end of the day. Make part of the deal that we will drop the bomb into the mariana trench so we can be sure no one else is going to use it and get a massive payout and/or some older JDF F15s or maybe a sub? Probably the best "good guy" response as if this story ever gets out and confirmed, the poo poo in Asia will, amazing, get even worse.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Yeah, we're working for that guy right now.

Corporate warfare is going to be even stupider and more fuckup-filled than normal warfare and I am super on board for it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Bad Weather

for the sake of clarity, this replaces Perfume

edit: I've swapped the LZ for one near Savoonga. Hope you're happy, goons

This operation wants to land the troops on St Lawrence as fast as possible after we start hitting them. Aerial insertions are dangerous. We should perform the landings while they are still hiding in fear of getting bombed. The LZ I've chosen is the green patch about 15km east of Savoonga.

Order of operations:
1. Radar flight.
2. Ground flight. If failed to destroy the Master-T and Ground Master, and the Mamba has fired shots, activate Mamba flight. All other flights may not approach St Lawrence.
3. (mamba flight if necessary)
4. Clearance flight. If Mamba flight had to launch, they take the role.
5. Landing of ground forces.

All flights except for Gripen flight and Landing flight will launch from Laven Base. Those two will launch from Provd Base.

All flights will launch in tandem, at 6am. Radar flight first takes out the powerful radars, then Ground flight swoops in, offs the Mamba battery and blinds any remaining AA on the island. The F-16’s will then split off and switch to CAP. The Prowler switches to tacjamming. Two of the Tornado’s from Ground flight will head towards the LZ to provide lasing for Clearing flight.

Clearance flight is there to remove any threat to the LZ of the ground forces, and general bombing of Gambell. If Mamba flight had to launch, and has dealt with the Mamba, Mamba flight will become Clearance flight.

Landing flight will hover over Provd Base until the Mamba battery is down. At that point it will start heading for the LZ.

The Karel Doormans will provide cover from the south, and can attack targets of opportunity.

CAP profile
Will patrol 70nmi North of Savoonga and engage bogeys entering our AO. Any CAP plane out of BVR missiles is to RTB. If there is no more CAP but there are bogeys attacking us or incoming, activate Gripen flight. If the F-16s are looking to be overwhelmed, activate Gripen flight. If there is no CAP, all other flights are to RTB.

Radar flight
1x EA-6b Prowler HARM loadout
1x Su-17 AS-9 Kyle loadout
4x F-16 HARM loadout

1. Radar flight will engage the Master-T, Ground Master and the possible radar on the Eastern side of St. Lawrence in that order, only switching targets when a kill is confirmed.
2. Radar flight will attack from West of the island.
3. If Radar flight has HARMs left after eliminating all targets, they are to fire on any remaining radars on St. Lawrence.
4. If out of HARMs or targets, F-16s and Su-17 switch to CAP profile, Prowler switches to tacjammer profile.

Rules of engagement:
If this group engages bogeys, the Prowler is to flee to the base.

Ground flight
2x Tornado 2x Storm Shadow loadout
2x Tornado Brimstone + Damocles pod loadout

1. Ground flight will destroy the Mamba Battery with Storm Shadows.
2. After this, Ground flight will mop up any remaining emitters on St. Lawrence. It will engage targets at and around Savoonga before anything else.
3. If out of emitters, attack air defenses. If out of those, hit vehicles.
4. The Brimstone Tornado’s will head to the west side of the island to provide lasing for the Mirage F1c of Clearance flight.

Mamba flight
2x Gripen SDB loadout

1. Mamba flight will launch and focus solely on killing the Mamba battery.
2. If unsuccessful, quick turn around and try again.
3. If Mamba flight had to launch and has taken out the Mamba battery, it will become Clearance flight.

Clearance flight
2x AMX JDAM loadout
2x Mirage F1C Paveway II loadout

Or

2x Gripen SDB loadout

1. Clearance flight will focus on bombing targets near the projected LZ east of Savoonga in preparation for ground forces. All forces within 7 nmi of the LZ are fair game.
2. If out of targets near the LZ, targets at Gambell can be engaged.

Landing flight
8x Mil-8 Hip

1. Will land ground forces on the south western coast of the island.
2. Will hang over Provd Base until the Mamba is down, then head to the LZ.
3. Will not go over St Lawrence before the LZ has been cleared by Clearance flight. Will stay at least 7nmi away from Savoonga at all times

Gripen flight
2x Gripen Max Meteor loadout

1. Dedicated CAP flight that will only launch if the F-16s are overwhelmed or out of BVR.

Support elements
1x EA-6b Prowler
1x Saab S 100B
1x KC-135
1x VC-10.K4

Are to hang around in the back and provide support

Karel Doormans
Will provide air defense cover from south of St. Lawrence. May not go within 70nmi of the island. Free to engage enemy ships.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 28, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Loel posted:

We won't make any money and they'll try to kill us with exploding cigars.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I know Bad Weather / Perfume is trying to minimize the exposure of our Hinds but the LZ's still crap. Fighting our way through a number of angry Chileans and not even being within 40 miles of Savoonga (across mountains and baren rock), which is our primary objective, seems questionable.

On the other hand Southern Comfort did a similar thing and there aren't any roads at all for their Bradleys and M113s. But I just can't see us advancing without sticking Cobbie's boys back into the Hinds. A 40-mile march across cover-less rocky terrain in horrific weather? I don't think we should or even could do it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

We won't make any money and they'll try to kill us with exploding cigars.

Given Castro's record we'll be fine.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Loel posted:

Given Castro's record we'll be fine.

We still won't make any money.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Clearly we need to trade the nuke for botes. Plural.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I reassigned the Su-17 to the SEAD flight and clarified some orders for Tsunami that didn't make a lot of sense after I cleaned up the errors I made in the original version. This'll probably be the version I'll let go to voting; the idea still being that it keeps a good number of our aircraft available for next time.

In particular assigning the Prowler with a single HARM is a terrible trade since it employing that HARM puts it down for maintenance next time and it's just one missile. The jammers are way more useful than that.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Chunky Monkey posted:

Clearly we need to trade the botes for nukes. Plural.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Pick two (2). In the event of a tie we will do dogmocracy. Voting on sunshine options will commence after this vote is complete.

24 Hours or so!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

TheDemon posted:

I know Bad Weather / Perfume is trying to minimize the exposure of our Hinds but the LZ's still crap. Fighting our way through a number of angry Chileans and not even being within 40 miles of Savoonga (across mountains and baren rock), which is our primary objective, seems questionable.

On the other hand Southern Comfort did a similar thing and there aren't any roads at all for their Bradleys and M113s. But I just can't see us advancing without sticking Cobbie's boys back into the Hinds. A 40-mile march across cover-less rocky terrain in horrific weather? I don't think we should or even could do it.

Fine. There's a patch east of Savoonga that might work. It'll be about 15km to the east of Savoonga.

edit: I've edited the LZ to be near Savoonga.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 28, 2017

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
Bad weather and Perfect storm

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

Both Bad Weather and Perfect Storm have too little CAP actually in the air at once for my tastes, i'm having nightmares about 3 Hornets + whatever extras vs. only 2 of our birds. They also make a big deal of Mamba-Slaying when a) We have nothing but a vague vicinity for a location, certainly not enough to launch missiles and hit it, and b) Odds are its a non-threat that's fired off all its missiles. At least Bad Weather doesn't make it mandatory to kill the thing to even try the rest of the mission.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Nick Esasky posted:

1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

Both Bad Weather and Perfect Storm have too little CAP actually in the air at once for my tastes, i'm having nightmares about 3 Hornets + whatever extras vs. only 2 of our birds. They also make a big deal of Mamba-Slaying when a) We have nothing but a vague vicinity for a location, certainly not enough to launch missiles and hit it, and b) Odds are its a non-threat that's fired off all its missiles. At least Bad Weather doesn't make it mandatory to kill the thing to even try the rest of the mission.

This

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Perfect Storm and History Maker

e:
Every CAP aircraft we send up now is unavailable next time. There's no reason to aggressively blow our load now and then be screwed next time if nothing shows up.
As for the Mamba, it may be on its last legs, but we know where it is (it's fired at us, and I doubt BSNC can move it any good distance) and helicopters historically aren't known for their ability to dodge SAMs.

power crystals fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 28, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
History Maker (because duh!)
Perfect Storm

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

power crystals posted:

Perfect Storm and History Maker

e:
Every CAP aircraft we send up now is unavailable next time. There's no reason to aggressively blow our load now and then be screwed next time if nothing shows up.
As for the Mamba, it may be on its last legs, but we know where it is (it's fired at us, and I doubt BSNC can move it any good distance) and helicopters historically aren't known for their ability to dodge SAMs.

1) The Mamba is a TELAR, same as just about any modern SAM. I'm willing to credit BSNC with the ability to put gas in the thing or just tow it a mile or 3 with a truck to avoid people like us getting cheeky and shoving Storm Shadows at the place it fired from weeks ago.

2)In the planning mission that Yooper posted, the reference point for the Mamba is a) Marked with a <?> on it. and b)Is placed next to the western SSM area, not next to Savoonga like it is in the Bering working map. I think its somewhere inbetween the two myself, but thats still more than 5 NM worth of land to cover, and we'll have a bear of a time localizing it in this weather.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I'm only suspicious of how well it can be moved owing to the damage we saw surrounding it, but I suppose if the launcher works it's not hard to imagine the truck half does too. But really what it comes down to is: either it's operational and fires at us, so we know where it is, or it doesn't, and we can ignore it because for one of a number of reasons it's out of commission.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

History Maker
Bad Weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather